2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Morro, need a game to watch this week,who have u guys got? Or what do u think the closest result will be? Seems to be some lopsided early matches..tips?

We play Redcliff mate. If we have everyone available should be a good game but as you saw on Saturday if we don't, we'll you saw on Saturday.

Nambour v Coomera should be a good game but you would be a keen man to travel to Nambour.

Rumour is that Caboolture are very keen to go up next year, regardless of where they finish, as the equestrian centre is being extended into their space and a state of the art, AFL oval, with full gym and other facilities will be built for them, and they will suck the life out of surrounding clubs. Nambour declined the invitation to go up a div, will miss the boat now and when their glory days are gone, will be an also ran div 3 side.

Thats a pretty ordinary comment mate about a club that should be used as a model in this league IMO. Very ordinary facilities in a town no bigger than a quaint country place and a club that was defunct 15 years ago basically. IMO clubs live and die by their decision making - only the extremely wealthy can get by making bad ones consistently. Ever since Nambour appointed Penguin they have gone ahead in leaps and bounds. Their kids stay, their junior club is very well run on limited player resources, they are attracting the 2nd tier players that normally went to maybe Caloundra or just tried to play 3rds somewhere previously.
The reason they didn't go up is well documented on this forum by assjar - it made sense and is once again a decision made without ego getting in the way - not a common occurrence among football administrators really.

I reckon i could guarantee you that Nambour will be in Div 1 in the next couple of years with a great foundation unlike some sides who choose to move up and quickly go back down and then into football's black hole of decimated clubs.

Morro - not sure I ever said that 3rd division players couldn't play PHC but anyway i'll bow to your (selective) memory.

[/B][/I]

Thats a pretty ordinary comment mate about a club that should be used as a model in this league IMO. Very ordinary facilities in a town no bigger than a quaint country place and a club that was defunct 15 years ago basically. IMO clubs live and die by their decision making - only the extremely wealthy can get by making bad ones consistently. Ever since Nambour appointed Penguin they have gone ahead in leaps and bounds. Their kids stay, their junior club is very well run on limited player resources, they are attracting the 2nd tier players that normally went to maybe Caloundra or just tried to play 3rds somewhere previously.
The reason they didn't go up is well documented on this forum by assjar - it made sense and is once again a decision made without ego getting in the way - not a common occurrence among football administrators really.

I reckon i could guarantee you that Nambour will be in Div 1 in the next couple of years with a great foundation unlike some sides who choose to move up and quickly go back down and then into football's black hole of decimated clubs.

Morro - not sure I ever said that 3rd division players couldn't play PHC but anyway i'll bow to your (selective) memory.

Then you have a short memory Smy.

I can't be bothered finding your posts but I'm sure others on here would remember. I believe it involved flowers and a few others at the time.

We play Redcliff mate. If we have everyone available should be a good game but as you saw on Saturday if we don't, we'll you saw on Saturday.

Nambour v Coomera should be a good game but you would be a keen man to travel to Nambour.
I think I may make the drive, everyone's talking about Nambour & Coomera seem to almost fly under the radar, should be a good game from what this thread has been saying.

Can't be bothered either going back - know the conversation though and it was more along the lines that instead of people crapping on about how certain players would carve up in a higher division, let them go and do it first. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
Footy is much more than just ability - plenty of blokes play AFL footy at the top level whose abilities don't command it, plenty of blokes don't whose abilities do. Not interested in listening to blokes talk up how good others are until they actually go and do it.

On a different note though, why the sudden fall away in players around your way (beenleigh / Logan)? Is it work related? I know Noosa have found it really difficult to recruit players this year (basically noone of real note) bc of the complete lack of work on the coast. Saying this Maroochydore has never had so many!!

Hopefully a good day weather wise Footy 1st bc it should be a cracker of a game. Nice ground at Nambour, white picket fence, s**t changerooms, reminder of old style footy!!:)

Hopefully a good day weather wise Footy 1st bc it should be a cracker of a game. Nice ground at Nambour, white picket fence, s**t changerooms, reminder of old style footy!!:)
Yeah haven't seen Coomera in action, have seen Nambour though & reckon Coomera better travel well! I better not have to work! What's ur tips this wkend? I haven't checked the fixture yet! Anyone know if Logan have many injured players to return?

Can't be bothered either going back - know the conversation though and it was more along the lines that instead of people crapping on about how certain players would carve up in a higher division, let them go and do it first. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
Footy is much more than just ability - plenty of blokes play AFL footy at the top level whose abilities don't command it, plenty of blokes don't whose abilities do. Not interested in listening to blokes talk up how good others are until they actually go and do it.

On a different note though, why the sudden fall away in players around your way (beenleigh / Logan)? Is it work related? I know Noosa have found it really difficult to recruit players this year (basically noone of real note) bc of the complete lack of work on the coast. Saying this Maroochydore has never had so many!!

I can't speak for Logan but we have had a quite a few coast players in recent years and those guys for various reasons, work and family to name a few are no longer as committed to footy. We lost quite a few to either PHC or retirement and unlike past years the walk ins were just not there this year.

In saying that, if everyone is available, bearing in mind we always struggle early in the year for various reasons we should be fine.

Like I always say, div 3 doesnt reflect the top sides in most cases until mid season. A combination of poor commitment and other commitments in my experience always make for a 2 part season.

I believe most clubs in our div our struggling for numbers, I know for a fact calamvale, us, Logan, Ipswich and Coomera last week all had to ring around.

I can't speak for Logan but we have had a quite a few coast players in recent years and those guys for various reasons, work and family to name a few are no longer as committed to footy. We lost quite a few to either PHC or retirement and unlike past years the walk ins were just not there this year.

In saying that, if everyone is available, bearing in mind we always struggle early in the year for various reasons we should be fine.

Like I always say, div 3 doesnt reflect the top sides in most cases until mid season. A combination of poor commitment and other commitments in my experience always make for a 2 part season.

I believe most clubs in our div our struggling for numbers, I know for a fact calamvale, us, Logan, Ipswich and Coomera last week all had to ring around.

Despite our depth being tested by injurys and blokes going on holidays (holiday in footy season WTF?) we still have enough numbers with more guys still walking through the door. No problems at Coomera mate :)

Despite our depth being tested by injurys and blokes going on holidays (holiday in footy season WTF?) we still have enough numbers with more guys still walking through the door. No problems at Coomera mate :)

Ah ok just going by what Teddy the reserves coach said.

So one of u is lieing :confused: haha

Interesting to note Al Corrie named on team sheet yet working in WA - bit of smoke and mirrors for finals morro or genuine mistake ;)

How are the blokes that went to PHC going from the buffs?

Has the bloke who was going to win the league B&F played yet?

Nambour need to go to PHC suggests Watto should not get online after a night out at the tool shed in the cross..

This comp has a history of teams finishing on top and not winning the gf over the last 5 years so I wouldnt be getting carried away just yet... Nambour the benchmark but long way to go...

You got me there, well spotted might I add! I may have had a couple of sherbets and then decided to share my thoughts. Let's face it they are murdering sides and something needs to be done..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are some tips for those that care:

Beenleigh v Redcliffe - close to match of the round and if it was at the Tiges I would be watching. Tiges to win.....just, even though the leagues best player is apparently back from the mines for a week.

Nambour v Coomera - next closest to being match of the round. Blues by 4 goals. Will be their closest match since Caboolture, especially since I have heard that they have 8-10 of last weeks seniors out, not that they would tell you. I will go and watch this game.

Ipswich v Caboolture - Caboolture by 20 goals. Ipswich apparently are still seeking counselling. The nude nut to kick a bag for the lions.

UQ v Calamvale - Have to go with UQ here but I think calamvale will lift for what will possibly be their only win of the year.

Logan v Griffith - the sleeping giants to rise from the ashes and crush Griffith who are at the counselling sessions with Ipswich.

Good luck to all.

Beenleigh v Redcliffe - close to match of the round and if it was at the Tiges I would be watching. Tiges to win.....just, even though the leagues best player is apparently back from the mines for a week.

Nambour v Coomera - next closest to being match of the round. Blues by 4 goals. Will be their closest match since Caboolture, especially since I have heard that they have 8-10 of last weeks seniors out, not that they would tell you. I will go and watch this game.

Ipswich v Caboolture - Caboolture by 20 goals. Ipswich apparently are still seeking counselling. The nude nut to kick a bag for the lions.

UQ v Calamvale - Have to go with UQ here but I think calamvale will lift for what will possibly be their only win of the year.

Logan v Griffith - the sleeping giants to rise from the ashes and crush Griffith who are at the counselling sessions with Ipswich.

Good luck to all.

Leagues best player???

Good luck to all.

best advice i ever got at counselling is to be who you are. Mate if we are the worst team in the comp and we know it, yet we stick together, have a good time and enjoy our footy who gives a flying f..

P.s. Calamvale will be torn apart.

Leagues best player???
Still too early to make a firm commitment and as I live close to Redcliffe, Caboolture and Nambour I will see more of their games. Early picks and I will change as the year goes on are, sorry still don't know all the names yet:

Caboolture #11- if he gets match fit and can run out a game. He is always damaging early yet fades as the game goes on.

Nambour #51 (Rawlings I think) - Is an absolute machine who will get better when he learns how to take a tackle, he does not get tackled often so is still learning how to cope with this.

Logan - Milligan or Whitney, obviously the one who did not head back south, I get them confused and have not seen a great deal of either.

Beenleigh - Criseria - very hard at it and similar to Rawlings from Nambour. I am looking forward to seeing them go head to head.

Just my opinion.

best advice i ever got at counselling is to be who you are. Mate if we are the worst team in the comp and we know it, yet we stick together, have a good time and enjoy our footy who gives a flying f..

IPW - please tell me where I said any team was the worst team in the comp? It is way too early to give this label to anyone just yet. The worst team in the comp may not finish on the bottom of the ladder. For example - if Logan only win 3-4 games (highly unlikely) after playing in a Grand Final then they could.....I wish to emphasise could here, then they could be considered the worst team in the comp before a team that may have won 1 game last year but 3 this year. Very subjective.

Still too early to make a firm commitment and as I live close to Redcliffe, Caboolture and Nambour I will see more of their games. Early picks and I will change as the year goes on are, sorry still don't know all the names yet:

Caboolture #11- if he gets match fit and can run out a game. He is always damaging early yet fades as the game goes on.

Nambour #51 (Rawlings I think) - Is an absolute machine who will get better when he learns how to take a tackle, he does not get tackled often so is still learning how to cope with this.

Logan - Milligan or Whitney, obviously the one who did not head back south, I get them confused and have not seen a great deal of either.

Beenleigh - Criseria - very hard at it and similar to Rawlings from Nambour. I am looking forward to seeing them go head to head.

Just my opinion.

Who is the guy you are referring to as being back from the mines? Redcliffe I assume?

Also the better Whitney is at Springwood and the other one played his last game on the weekend I'm led to believe.

Good luck to all.
Redcliffe by 2 goals
Nambour by 8 goals
Caboolture by 7 goals
Calamvale by a point &
Logan by 15 goals

IPW - please tell me where I said any team was the worst team in the comp? It is way too early to give this label to anyone just yet. The worst team in the comp may not finish on the bottom of the ladder. For example - if Logan only win 3-4 games (highly unlikely) after playing in a Grand Final then they could.....I wish to emphasise could here, then they could be considered the worst team in the comp before a team that may have won 1 game last year but 3 this year. Very subjective.

that would be the worst performing team, the worst team is usually last

Who is the guy you are referring to as being back from the mines? Redcliffe I assume?

Also the better Whitney is at Springwood and the other one played his last game on the weekend I'm led to believe.

Yeah that's right.... His last name is Purvis I think, wear's no 31... Hardball getting machine, quick as too .... we should probley tag him or he will rip us to shreds.....

After playing both griffith and ipswich, its fair to say they enjoy playing no matter how much they are being beatin, all respect to them, 150 points down at 3qtr and still try there hardest and never start going for the cheap shots which is more than i can say for some other teams...

they also have a good game plan, griffith in particular. just do not have the players to excute it.

good luck to all the teams on the weekend, look forward to versing coomera tomorrow as they have been looking great this season from all reports.
and i know it may come as a suprise but it will be a wet day tomorrow on the coast!

After playing both griffith and ipswich, its fair to say they enjoy playing no matter how much they are being beatin, all respect to them, 150 points down at 3qtr and still try there hardest and never start going for the cheap shots which is more than i can say for some other teams...

they also have a good game plan, griffith in particular. just do not have the players to excute it.

good luck to all the teams on the weekend, look forward to versing coomera tomorrow as they have been looking great this season from all reports.
and i know it may come as a suprise but it will be a wet day tomorrow on the coast!

We have all seen how you guys handle the wet ball :eek:

Nambour by 10 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back