2012 starts now.

Discussion in 'Wimmera FL' started by Fancy, Sep 28, 2011.

Put it out there
  1. deccan18

deccan18 Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    I don't agree with United approaching other clubs' juniors either, but lets be honest they are in a different situation to Horsham in relation to junior numbers. There's no rule on this at all buddy and i never said there was, it's just unsportsmanlike behaviour that is pretty unbelievable. My remark of mixing seniors and juniors was in regards to chasing other players which has been happening 'for centuries', just to clarify. Not premierships.

I'd love to hear you continue trying to back the activities of those chasing our juniors, so have a chat around and see for yourself that it is well and truly happening. There's plenty of 'names' around so maybe you Slenko could catch up with them and tell them to pull their heads in ;)

Long shot i know, you're all the same!:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. BlueBlood1995

BlueBlood1995 Draftee

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Hi Have heard N.Clough Staying put @ saints. M.Ward been trainging with the club.
    Diggers pick up a player from Tatyoon?? & J.Delahunty no going around again with the burras??

Can anyone shed anylight on these?

3. Pussy03

Pussy03 Draftee

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Ararat FC

4. Redlegs05

Redlegs05 Debutant

Essendon
    Other teams:

5. Footy blitz

Footy blitz Rookie

Essendon
    Other teams:
    D Cameron is 100 percent signed with tatty

6. sol_94

sol_94 Draftee

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Rumors on Clough and Ward are both true

7. captain dela

captain dela Debutant

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Hi guys, just had a look at sports bet and seems to be a lot of country leagues getting involved, such as north central and ballarat. Is it possible we can have the wimmera, district and mallee put in the system? My betting fair would like this...

Horsham $1.50
    Warrak $3.00
    Dimboola $ 6.50
    Minyip/Murtoa $12.00
    Horsham Saints $17.00
    Nhill $ 22.50
    Stawell $ 30.00
    Ararat $ 30.00
    United $ 1001

Fair Call?

8. secretsaintsfan

secretsaintsfan Debutant

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Liverpool Football Club
    I would be all over Horsham @ $1.50... should be $1.25 and united too short at $1001.... more like $1,000,001!!

9. secretsaintsfan

secretsaintsfan Debutant

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Liverpool Football Club
    any practice match results???

Edenhope/Apsley beat United by over 25 goals last weekend. not good for united. any other results???

10. Fancy

Fancy Debutant

GWS
    Other teams:

Not sure where you guys have been but this issue was debated in the local press and on this site several years ago. At the time Horsham officials admitted in the WMT that they attempt to recruit children from other clubs. They also denied ever offering them financial inducements to switch clubs. They also stated that they thought this is what every other club should be doing and intimated that they saw nothing wrong with their behaviour.

11. flightplan

flightplan Rookie

Essendon
    Other teams:
    I heard that Warrack Eagles thumped Harrow Balmoral thirty goals to two on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Andyt33

Andyt33 Rookie

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Miami Dolphins, Yarrawonga Pigeons
    today Ararat travelled to Sebastopol and fell 10 pts short
    Sebastopol D Ararat
    Qt 2.3.15 5.1.31
    HT 6.4.40 7.1.43
    3qt 9.6.60 10.3.63
    4th 14.8.92 13.4.82

the ground was in good nick . the game could have gone Either way .

13. Bumbles

Bumbles Senior List

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Johnny Del a fair chance to play in Melbourne. Will be a big loss for the Burras if so, gun player and ripping bloke!

Footy blitz - u say Ararat should 'make their players loyal'. If it was that easy then there wouldnt be a single club in country victoria struggling for numbers! All a club can do is try and facilitate an enjoyable environment and hope that their players will stay. You say money is no issue, if you believe that then you are deluded. That is not to say it is the only reason, or even the main one. All clubs face big offers from rival clubs drawing from the same talent pool and some clubs have more money than others. As I said earlier, when a club cannot compete financially then it must do its utmost to create an environment where players will want to play.

There is also the issue of players leaving town (not just Ararat but in general) to pursue work and university. This is a situation where having a bit of extra money DOES help, as travelling and time costs are inevitable.

Slagging off opposition clubs get nobody anywhere. An opinion doesnt have to be derogatory.

14. Fancy

Fancy Debutant

GWS
    Other teams:

How are the Rat’s looking this year Bumbles?
    Are the forces that have been against Scott Turner still at the club?

15. RICHO MAN!

RICHO MAN! Rookie

Richmond
    Other teams:
    I know some of you blokes don't like talkin umpires but I've been informed the Wimmera League Umps are at it again with their most generous 'spin' quoted in the WMT Footy Focus.

Appears as though they need assistance with their interpretation both on and off the field!

Here goes;

Croke - "The group now has ABOUT 40 umpires on their books"

Interpretation - "we had 3 at training this week but hoping to recruit 37 more very soon!"

Croke - "9 members were training with the V-Line Academy"

Interpretation - "3 are officially registed with the Academy, not sure why I said said 9, must have been misquoted again and the word 'training' and 'attending' could have been misinterpreted also.

Croke - "In a major coup, a Ballarat based field umpire has joined the group"

Interpretation - "Well the last bloke we recruited from Ballarat was a complete spud and chased out of town so this freed up a heap of the clubs and commissions money to throw at some other sucker!"

Croke - "We had a very satisfactory first year. We have had no negative feedback from clubs"

Interpretation - unprintable due to space and language constraints!

16. Fancy

Fancy Debutant

GWS
    Other teams:

Nah....all wrong Richo.

17. Hamrebel5

Hamrebel5 Draftee

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    hey richo man, instead of bashing the umpires how about u shut up and have ago yourself and improve them if they are that bad .. if you umpire maybe no more nuffers from ballarat will be needed

18. Bumbles

Bumbles Senior List

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Hard to say Fancy with no direct involvement, but I'd expect about the same as the last few years. Will have good kids, and I hear a couple of ex players have returned to help out. I expect they will have lost a couple of their younger players too, who have moved away for university, work etc and have elected to not travel home.

Wouldnt have thought there would be any sour grapes in regard to those players, if they are playing in a bigger centre and moving along with life then good luck to them!

Any other news floating around? How are stawell shaping up? I hear swifts are throwing around a bit of coin..

19. Fancy

Fancy Debutant

GWS
    Other teams:

Stawell have lost a few of their older playery and appear to have been written of by a few. It will be a great oppurtunity for some of their younger players to step up. Stawell may surprise a few this year.

20. RICHO MAN!

RICHO MAN! Rookie

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Great comment Hamrebel......couldn't agree more!

I actually do umpire (hence boring you occasionally with umpire related posts), just not in the region anymore since moving. So I actually understand the issues I am talking about pretty well and am sick of being passed on the lies that are being fed to the media and clubs in the Wimmera!

I'd love to umpire WFL but feel I owe it to local leagues to put my hand up rather then accept the money on offer to travel past other leagues who need umps. It's bad enough with players not playing locally and chasing money let alone umps.

I'm sorry but I just can't get over a League dumping a ready made group of experienced umps to start from scratch. Why didn't they work in a partnership to drag these few new guys out of the woodwork and bolster the original group?

I've been involved with a number of the old WFL umps at various levels (E.g interleague footy) and I couldn't fault them- they were just the same as any others I'd been involved with - professional and passionate.

I just hope that maybe time may heal the wounds that have been unnecessarily created and the old guards experience may be appreciated and sought after in coming seasons.........just like it appears it is being by more and more leagues who have realised how difficult it is to attract people to do the job and are jumping at opportunities to utilise the WFUA.

21. Fancy

Fancy Debutant

GWS
    Other teams:

Not sure what anyone has to complain about now. Wimmera League clubs and their elected administrators are much happier with their new arrangements and by all accounts the district league are with theirs.

The Wimmera League and the clubs tried for years to work with the previous group but it was impossible.....it’s in the past now though.

22. deccan18

deccan18 Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Skurrie entering the season with a dodgy knee?

23. Hoffman

Hoffman Debutant

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Has anyone read the vcfl report into the wimmera region. The vcfl seem to think they will have to review the region in the coming years. How are junior numbers holding up across the wimmera and horsham district league.

24. Fancy

Fancy Debutant

GWS
    Other teams:

You still think Dimboola are on the wrong track??

25. Purrfect Pussies

Purrfect Pussies Premium Platinum

Geelong
    Other teams: