Competitions 2012 SuperCoach / Dream Team Questions Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got Scotland and certainly held on through his 2 sub-standard games up front. That said, 80+ is not *terrible* for a defender, and Scooter repaid the faith last week.

His 14 first quarter possies last week had an extra big grin on my dial as I considered how many SCers may have dumped him.

He'll still score heavily all season and I'd be surprised if he's not in the top 7 scorers from defence come the end of the year. And after all, isn't that why you pay for a "keeper" at the start?

Hey guys,

Would love to get your thoughts on Carrazzo's ongoing role this season. Seams to be playing a lot of time in the middle loose tagging and racking up his own ball. Will this continue?

tl;dr Scotland vs Carrazzo

Considering Judd over Murphy. Juddy seems to have been freed up a little with Gibbs and Murphy really standing up in the middle. He is pushing forward without worrying about making the play because of Murphy's dominance. Do you guys think he can be better than he has ever been from a DT perspective? Especially if Murphy starts getting a tougher tag than Judd?

Scotland definitely won't be a tagger. He is better served running out of the backline with his foot skills. I expect someone like Aaron Joseph to be a tagger as he has been in the past.

I traded Carazzo & Murphy in to my SC team last week .. Should I replace Carazzo with Scotland?

Not a bad idea.

Obviously Carrazzo has to go, and Scotland is a proven gun in both forms of fantasy football. Might be slowing down a little in terms of performances (as is to be expected) but that certainly isn't being reflected in fantasy footy. Scotland is a SC star.

Congrats on the win over Freo Blues.

I gather that Paul Bower was dropped after a poor game against the Bombers.
Maybe he gets a reprieve this week if some of your players are rested, but in general do people consider he's best 22 ( or a chance to be ).
Not unless we have a multitude of injuries in the back half.

Any chance Murphy will be a late withdrawal or not be played to his full capacity?

I just traded him in as I doubt they would rest Judd and Murphy the same week. However they could "rest" players such as Murphy in other ways by subbing him off if they are up by 10 goals. Any chance Murphy woul be subbed off?

I'd certainly be wary of trading any Carlton player in this week, including Murphy.

I doubt he'll be subbed off, or that he'll start as the sub, but stranger things have happened.

It really is impossible to say how we are going to structure up in this game. For instance, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see Murph spend more time in the forward line this week than he would normally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just traded him in as I doubt they would rest Judd and Murphy the same week. However they could "rest" players such as Murphy in other ways by subbing him off if they are up by 10 goals. Any chance Murphy woul be subbed off?

I think its a chance, he's carried a fair workload this year- I'm steering clear of him as SC captain in case they give him an early breather.

I am fed up with all the late changes ... ended up with a doughnut for J. Selwood yesterday ... looks like it will cost me a W in a tight SC contest

hey guys just a quick question regarding scotland.is he likely to miss any games with his court case later in the year?realy wanna trade him into my dt side this week but this is the only thing worrying me.

Yarran just WTF.

I don't know how long I can hold that amount of cash on the pine.

What the hell did he do to his toe or is there something more to it?

:footy:

Yarran just WTF.

I don't know how long I can hold that amount of cash on the pine.

What the hell did he do to his toe or is there something more to it?

:footy:

I don't think he will miss more than another week, Id persist with him in your DT though cos he will surely play at the rest of the season when back in. There isn't anything more to it, just a torn muscle into his big toe, don't know exactly what but if you can't use your big toe it is a bit of a problem but he will be back soon enough.

Hi guys

Wondering why Murphy has had 2 "down" weeks in SC. He's usually so consistent, is there anything that you guys can see that may be impacting his performance? Less minutes maybe?

He's looking like he'll be super-cheap in a couple of rounds.

To put it down to him simply getting a tag is incorrect.

Murph has been tagged plenty of times in the past and he's usually able to negotiate his way around that fairly successfully. Monday night certainly wasn't the first tag he's received at AFL level and it most certainly won't be the last.

The real issue is the rest of the side. Lately the rest of the boys just haven't been working hard enough to put some space between Murphy and his direct opponent, Jones in the case of Monday evening.

The best of the best get tagged. Whilst they have to work hard to break that tag as best they can, the onus is also on the rest of the playing group to make his job that littl bit easier. Lately that extra effort has simply been missing. Whether or not that's a result of Carrazzo being out of the side and noone filling his role sufficiently to this point in time, is open to debate - but I'm inclined to believe it to certainly be a significant factor.

Murph will bounce back, of that I have no doubt. Whether it be this week, next week or the week after is anybody's guess. What we do know is that Murph is an outstanding footballer and you can't keep them down for long.

He's certainly on my radar for both DT and SC. Had a poor scoring game last round so my advice would be to wait until he bottoms out in a couple of weeks before you pounce.

oh i am so annoyed..lost DT to bottom placed team by 33 pts over the wkend...thanks a lot paddy dangerfield, if it wasn't for u my captan marc murphy would've got double pts to easily get me over the line..but instead he only made me 54 (27), then the final game both daniel kerr and shannon hurn could not get me over the line against her brendon goddard ahhhh i felt like smashing my laptop...but anyway, now i've gotta trade murphy...but i can't decide between watson, cotchin, hayes and griffen..any advice. and my new captain is now ivan maric, vicey goes to mitch clark..love his work...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back