Competitions 2012 SuperCoach / Dream Team Questions Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

oh i am so annoyed..lost DT to bottom placed team by 33 pts over the wkend...thanks a lot paddy dangerfield, if it wasn't for u my captan marc murphy would've got double pts to easily get me over the line..but instead he only made me 54 (27), then the final game both daniel kerr and shannon hurn could not get me over the line against her brendon goddard ahhhh i felt like smashing my laptop...but anyway, now i've gotta trade murphy...but i can't decide between watson, cotchin, hayes and griffen..any advice. and my new captain is now ivan maric, vicey goes to mitch clark..love his work...
Not sure why you would make Murphy captain after his performances the previous 2 weeks. Watson is clearly ahead of the 4 you have mentioned but may play less game time if they get on top of GWS then normal but will score more points in the long run!

Hi guys

Bootsma looked good today. I really need a round 12/13 rookie in the backline and Bootsma looks like my only hope. He was the sub last week and scored well against the bruise frees but I'm worried about his job security.

What would you say the odds are of him playing Geelong in 2 weeks time? I'd imagine pretty slim with Henderson, Yarran and Duigan to come back but I'm desperate. Could he potentially play up the ground more?

Hey, I got two queries about two players Id like answered regarding SC.

1. Robinson had a blinder SC-wise on the weekend. Im assuming he played midfield with Murphy gone. Is he safe pick to bring into my forward line, will he continue to play mid and score high. Or could he play the run with role again? Also when Carrazzo and Murphy are back will his role change again?

2.Kreuzer has been ok this season, and ill be cashing one of him or Giles. The fact that Carlton played three rucks on the weekend made me worried. When Waite is back is there any chance Kreuzer could be dropped? Or is his position always safe?

Thanks

Hey, I got two queries about two players Id like answered regarding SC.

1. Robinson had a blinder SC-wise on the weekend. Im assuming he played midfield with Murphy gone. Is he safe pick to bring into my forward line, will he continue to play mid and score high. Or could he play the run with role again? Also when Carrazzo and Murphy are back will his role change again?

2.Kreuzer has been ok this season, and ill be cashing one of him or Giles. The fact that Carlton played three rucks on the weekend made me worried. When Waite is back is there any chance Kreuzer could be dropped? Or is his position always safe?

Thanks
Murphy may not be back this year at all, at least another 10 to 12 weeks I reckon.

Robinson should be played in the midfield more but who knows what the MC are thinking, he will at least be in there alot over the next 6 to 8 weeks until Carrazzo is back and in form again.

Robinson still had reasonable scores as a defensive half forward anyway so I think he is worth including whilst he has an opportunity to play more in the centre for the next 6 to 8 games. Although does depend on who you already have as there are a few decent forward options who are more consistent then Mitch.

Kreuzer is the ruck I would cash in as he may well be headed for a rest shortly and is probably going to play less time as ruck now Warnock is back. Giles doesn't have the competition for game time that Kreuzer will have.

Hi guys

Bootsma looked good today. I really need a round 12/13 rookie in the backline and Bootsma looks like my only hope. He was the sub last week and scored well against the bruise frees but I'm worried about his job security.

What would you say the odds are of him playing Geelong in 2 weeks time? I'd imagine pretty slim with Henderson, Yarran and Duigan to come back but I'm desperate. Could he potentially play up the ground more?

I think the MC were looking to give him a taste of AFL senior footy at the start of the year, injuries have allowed them to do it. I could see him playing 5 games perhaps, the stronger bodies of the Cats and Eagles would be unlikely though. I think he'll play mostly back, Rats seems obsessed with his Fletcher 'Inspector Gadget' arms..

I think the MC were looking to give him a taste of AFL senior footy at the start of the year, injuries have allowed them to do it. I could see him playing 5 games perhaps, the stronger bodies of the Cats and Eagles would be unlikely though. I think he'll play mostly back, Rats seems obsessed with his Fletcher 'Inspector Gadget' arms..

Cheers mate.

Byes causing headaches this week and lack of downgrade targets has me considering Bugg > Bootsma.

Anyone confident predicting his JS? Will he be out as soon as players return from injury or can he hold a spot?

Byes causing headaches this week and lack of downgrade targets has me considering Bugg > Bootsma.

Anyone confident predicting his JS? Will he be out as soon as players return from injury or can he hold a spot?

He's showing a lot more than half the side at the moment, his lack of size isn't restricting him throwing himself at the contest, and with Scotland now out and Laidler still a bit away he might keep getting a gig. I'm not sure any of us can say for sure one way or another. If he gets picked against the Cats and goes ok, he'll probably play out a good chunk of the season.

Can someone give me a little insight to the 'soreness' carried by Judd that was alluded to after the West Coast game? I know he's never been the best DT mid but at the moment presents amazing value for a 6th mid option, especially if the bye helps with whatever he is carrying..

Can someone give me a little insight to the 'soreness' carried by Judd that was alluded to after the West Coast game? I know he's never been the best DT mid but at the moment presents amazing value for a 6th mid option, especially if the bye helps with whatever he is carrying..
Judd has been slowed down by old age, his groins and 4 serious shoulder injuries (2 of his own) and 1 each from Carrazzo and Murphy, although the Carrazzo one is on the mend after his performance last week!

I couldn't come at him for SC in his current form and whilst we have injury concerns to important players, Ratten also eluded to some injury after the game last week, I suspect it might be OP but am only guessing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd has been slowed down by old age, his groins and 4 serious shoulder injuries (2 of his own) and 1 each from Carrazzo and Murphy, although the Carrazzo one is on the mend after his performance last week!

I couldn't come at him for SC in his current form and whilst we have injury concerns to important players, Ratten also eluded to some injury after the game last week, I suspect it might be OP but am only guessing.

Not bagging Judd, but it was funny to read an artical by some Dreamteam guru last week ( on the dreamteam page ) about how it might be a good time to pick up Judd, and that he just may have a screamer against his old side. Thats some advice I'm glad I didn't take.

Thanks for the Judd info, might avoid him.
Next on...Heath Scotland, usually your most durable and consistent player, looking to trade him in this week but just want to make sure the guy is right to go. Was his calf just over estimated or was he rushed back? The way he played it seemed like the former but I just want to make sure I don't trade in an injury threat with limited trades left. Is he likely to be rested later on in the season?

Any info would be appreciated, but I feel more comfortable with Scotty than Waters, just looking to get a final opinion from a blues fan or two. Cheers guys!

Thanks for the Judd info, might avoid him.
Next on...Heath Scotland, usually your most durable and consistent player, looking to trade him in this week but just want to make sure the guy is right to go. Was his calf just over estimated or was he rushed back? The way he played it seemed like the former but I just want to make sure I don't trade in an injury threat with limited trades left. Is he likely to be rested later on in the season?

Any info would be appreciated, but I feel more comfortable with Scotty than Waters, just looking to get a final opinion from a blues fan or two. Cheers guys!
If your looking for defenders I personally would go for Carrazzo who is cheaper and scores better on average anyway. Wins contested ball and tackles well and usually doesn't try to get too ambitious with his kicking, I know the shoulder might be a worry but it really depends if you need to roll the dice to make a potential significant impact.

On Scotland's injury, I think he is fine and the amount of gametime he played in the wet conditions would confirm that. Wet conditions and poor structure were reasons for a few of his turnovers but did note he still scored surprisingly well from memory.

There is no chance he should be rested with us needing to win every game and by as much as we can but who knows how arrogant the MC might get against the Bulldogs or Gold Coast.

Awesome thanks mate, Scotland in then.
I'm also getting carrazzo but waiting till next week for Darley/Ellis to go up more and carrots to come down a bit (hopefully with his high BE).
Cheers for the advice.

Awesome thanks mate, Scotland in then.
I'm also getting carrazzo but waiting till next week for Darley/Ellis to go up more and carrots to come down a bit (hopefully with his high BE).
Cheers for the advice.
No worries, should of also mentioned that I traded in Rhys Shaw recently who looks like he is back in form and being used as the go to man off half back, got him at $370k but not sure what he is now, just another option.:thumbsu:

I'm strongly considering trading in Kruezer in SC. I have no doubt that over the next two weeks with Warnock out that he will get some big scores. However, I'd like to know what would happen if the Blues and Kruezer continue to play the way that they did against the Pies over the next two weeks. Is there any chance that they would continue to play Kruezer as the lone ruck?

This Bell kid looked really good last weekend. Any job security at all, or is he gone when Robinson's back?

Hi guys, how do you rate Casboult's job security with Hendo and Hampson gone? Will Warnock/Waite automatically push him out?

Any word on how far away Robinson is? What's he out for? I made a bad judgement last week and left him in my side as I assumed he'd be back in, then when thursday rolled around I forgot about it and got a doughnut for my troubles. Almost did the same thing this weekend, what's the deal with him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back