List Mgmt. 2012:T.Young; 2013:J.Paine; 2014:______?

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing 9 players in an off-season is already drastic enough. As much as I think we have a few other plodders on the team, it's better to let them have their spot usurped by people coming through our system. Hopefully the selection committee actually act on that this season though...

Indeed!

Let's assume Beams and Lumumba get replaced by equivalent players or draft picks.

And let's say Cox is a direct replacement for Mooney as a cat B rookie.

That leaves 6. Depending upon how many rookies we get, and what we do with Gault, Martin and Frost (promote them all to the senior list?) ...

Then any more delistings will be replaced by minimum 3rd round players (probably even later rounds).

We're not going to find an adequate replacement for a Young or a White (etc) with a player from the third or fourth round!

Last edited:
Indeed!

Let's assume Beams and Lumumba get replaced by equivalent players or draft picks.

That leaves 6. Depending upon how many rookies we get, and what we do with Gault, Martin and Frost (promote them all to the rookie list?) ...

Then any more delistings will be replaced by minimum 3rd round players (probably even later rounds).

We're not going to find an adequate replacement for a Young or a White (etc) with a player from the third or fouth round!

How many games u see young or white playing next year if we hav a decent run with injuries and we do get clark

Indeed!

That leaves 6. Depending upon how many rookies we get, and what we do with Gault, Martin and Frost (promote them all to the senior list?) ...

We're not going to find an adequate replacement for a Young or a White (etc) with a player from the third or fouth round!
Yes but might pick up some free agents.

How many games u see young or white playing next year if we hav a decent run with injuries and we do get clark

Young? Probably 12+, maybe the entire season barring injury. We don't have a lot of good options in his area of the ground and I don't think he's as bad as some.

White? It will depend on his form and also that of Grundy and Witts. If he's playing well we'd probably play Cloke, Clark and White, with one of Witts/Grundy. If he's playing poorly or both Witts and Grundy are playing exceptionally then he gets dropped.

I don't believe we're going to get Clark. I just don't see why a guy who is getting over depression and needing a change in scenery would take a job right next door - that doesn't make any sense to me.

I think it makes sense for Reid to go back - with Maxwell and Lumumba gone, and Young being on the fringe of selection, we don't have much leadership and experience remaining in defence ... Toovey, maybe Brown, and that's it?

So White will be competing for a spot with Gault, Grundy and any new KPF's we pick up this season. Unless we blag a Cameron for Beams in some trade, it's unlikely we're going to get a KPF who'll be ready to play senior footy in 2015.

Last edited:
Young? Probably 12+, maybe the entire season barring injury. We don't have a lot of good options in his area of the ground and I don't think he's as bad as some.

White? It will depend on his form and also that of Grundy and Witts. If he's playing well we'd probably play Cloke, Clark and White, with one of Witts/Grundy. If he's playing poorly or both Witts and Grundy are playing exceptionally then he gets dropped.
Whites only chance of keeping a spot is if he redevelops as a kpd.
He's got the height and strength, speed to become a very good full back. He just doesn't get enough of the ball to keep a spot in the forward line. Most of the goals he gets are just opportunistic goals running in to open goal. Hopefully get Reid karnezis gault and Mitch Clark working the tall fwd spots next year.

12+ ? Damn that would be bad for us. Players who were injured most of this year, sinclair/seedsman/freeman/oxley/ and the improvement of broomhead/kennedy/thomas/ramsay should push him out of side.
No more squibs at the pies please

White meh
Not a wrap for either of them. Rather play reid up forward with cloke and clark/gault/moore. Brown will be back to help the backline

He's got the height and strength, speed to become a very good full back. He just doesn't get enough of the ball to keep a spot in the forward line. Most of the goals he gets are just opportunistic goals running in to open goal. Hopefully get Reid karnezis gault and Mitch Clark working the tall fwd spots next year.

Ive been saying this about white to, he has got size, he is quick and athletic but he cant mark. Lets see if we can teach him to spoil and trial in the backline in the vfl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? U given up all hope hav u
Apology accepted
My hope was gone with Heater being shipped away, the last bit of your post makes no sense whatsoever but thats ok.

Shows that you need Reid Goodes Tippett Franklin in a forward to get smashed by 10 goals. Hawks have the right idea bring a running team. Tall forward line is over rated.

Shows that you need Reid Goodes Tippett Franklin in a forward to get smashed by 10 goals. Hawks have the right idea bring a running team. Tall forward line is over rated.

Goodes was basically playing as a crumbing forward that is tall and Buddy is athletic. Although I think Sam Reid is overrated.

I would like to see some stability in the team. We have to replace the 7/9 players mentioned in the OP, but can that be enough? Lets steady the ship, show some patience, see how our kids go next year with more experience and games under their belt, and FEWER INJURIES!

Got to agree on White. With his athleticism and height I could easily see him at CHB, well worth a try.

My hope was gone with Heater being shipped away, the last bit of your post makes no sense whatsoever but thats ok.
Regardless of Shaw's brain fades, the backline really missed him this year. I'm all for culture but pure passion can't be underestimated. To just throw away Shaw and Lamumba and lose Maxy all within a year would decimate any side in the competition.

The best forward line in the world would be useless if it doesn't get delivery.

Swans got smashed in the midfield, the i50 differential was -20

I couldn't imagine Gault, Ramsay and Oxley having much trade value given they've only played 1 or 2 games each. They all had good debuts, so can't imagine they'll get delisted either.

Armstrong to his fourth club :eek: takes 'journeyman' concept to new levels.

Young? Hmmm, can't imagine he'd be worth much.

Fas and Blair are probably the only ones worth anything at the trade table.

Oxley didn't get near it and looked miles off the pace in his debut, I guess the flip side is he didn't get a lot of game time coming on as the sub. Delist imo.

Gault showed enough to be rookied 1 more year then make a call.

Ramsey was solid and a keeper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back