2012 TSL Opening Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Saturday, 31 March.
Burnie: 6.5 (41) | 9.7 (61) | 18.11 (119) | 20.12 (132)
Nth Hobart: 1.0 (6) | 5.6 (36) | 5.6 (36) | 10.14 (74)
At West Park Oval.

Lauderdale: 3.7 (25) | 3.10 (28) | 8.16 (64) | 11.19 (85)
Hobart: 1.1 (7) | 3.4 (22) | 3.5 (23) | 6.8 (44)
At Lauderdale Sports Ground.

Nth Launceston: 3.3 (21) | 5.6 (36) | 9.10 (64) | 14.14 (98)
Devonport: 3.0 (18) | 6.3 (39) | 7.4 (46) | 11.5 (71)
At Aurora Stadium.

Clarence v Glenorchy: KGV Park (Wednesday night)

TSL Colts Results:
Nth Hobart 10.21 (81) v Burnie 5.7 (37)
Lauderdale 25.19 (169) v Hobart 4.4 (28)
Nth Launceston 18.15 (123) v Devonport 4.1 (25)

Re: TSL Round 1 Highlights CLIP

this is my 1st look at Hobart and apart from only recognising a couple of players it saddens me to say that the tigers are a long way behind where they finished last season :( such a shame to see Cassidy playing with the bombers but as Kingpin has said in another post, the board sabotaged any chance of staying in the TSL by succesfully dismantaling a strong coaching and playing group from 2011 so now the Tigers are back where they were 3 years ago when Lewis was sacked, in actual fact they are possibly behind that, gonna be a long year I believe? And before any Hobart people bag me ot I am not wishing they fall in a hole, I want them to succeed but I would think the damage is already done, Shaun Young would be rubbing his grubby mits together:mad:

Aren't you a Hobart person? Not sure I have ever seen you post about anything else

Am I the only one who thinks McConnon is kidding himself thinking Hobart can improve on last year and even more so aiming for the finals when they failed to make them the last few years when they did have Cassidy, Willing, Hall and Quirk who are now all elsewhere?

Looking at the score from Saturday it appears Lauderdale could've won by God knows what had they been more accurate!

this is my 1st look at Hobart and apart from only recognising a couple of players it saddens me to say that the tigers are a long way behind where they finished last season :( such a shame to see Cassidy playing with the bombers but as Kingpin has said in another post, the board sabotaged any chance of staying in the TSL by succesfully dismantaling a strong coaching and playing group from 2011 so now the Tigers are back where they were 3 years ago when Lewis was sacked, in actual fact they are possibly behind that, gonna be a long year I believe? And before any Hobart people bag me ot I am not wishing they fall in a hole, I want them to succeed but I would think the damage is already done, Shaun Young would be rubbing his grubby mits together:mad:

It has nothing to do with the board's decision to dismantle the coaching group - Brer was a ripping bloke but was never ever going to attract players or take the club to great heights - far too old school in his thinking. The biggest mistake the club has made in that regard in the last few years was appointing brer as coach when waiting in the wings was L.Spaulding who wanted the job, would have attracted numerous players, would have retained all players they had there and is regarded as one of the best credentialed coaches in the state. Further, the club was not prepared to spend any money attracting talent - they are one of the most financially viable clubs in the comp and wont spend a cent on recruitment. The players have been telling the club for two years to go and recruit players and we will hang around but if we are not going to competitive then we will go.

These decisions coupled with the fact that the board at AFL tas are inherently incompetent has led to the state the club is currently in. Competing for premierships in the SFL may not be such a bad thing....

Clarence 2.2 6.4 11.5 15.10 (100)
Glenorchy 6.4 7.4 8.5 9.6 (60)

GOALS:
Clarence : Williamson 4 French 2 Boon 2 Brettingham-Moore Cox Thurley Roberts Langford Baker Gleeson
Glenorchy: Bowden 3 Potter 2 Webster Webb Reynolds Hunt

BEST:
Clarence : Drury French Savage Cox Paine Thurley
Glenorchy: Arnold Bouwman Mott Bowden Reynolds Matthews

Clarence 2.2 6.4 11.5 15.10 (100)
Glenorchy 6.4 7.4 8.5 9.6 (60)

GOALS:
Clarence : Williamson 4 French 2 Boon 2 Brettingham-Moore Cox Thurley Roberts Langford Baker Gleeson
Glenorchy: Bowden 3 Potter 2 Webster Webb Reynolds Hunt

BEST:
Clarence : Drury French Savage Cox Paine Thurley
Glenorchy: Arnold Bouwman Mott Bowden Reynolds Matthews

Great weather and a good start by the Pies who were over run by the Roos, Norchy_pies4life do you how many reports were there last night?
Got a bit spiteful in the 1st quater and at 1/4 time

It has nothing to do with the board's decision to dismantle the coaching group - Brer was a ripping bloke but was never ever going to attract players or take the club to great heights - far too old school in his thinking. The biggest mistake the club has made in that regard in the last few years was appointing brer as coach when waiting in the wings was L.Spaulding who wanted the job, would have attracted numerous players, would have retained all players they had there and is regarded as one of the best credentialed coaches in the state. Further, the club was not prepared to spend any money attracting talent - they are one of the most financially viable clubs in the comp and wont spend a cent on recruitment. The players have been telling the club for two years to go and recruit players and we will hang around but if we are not going to competitive then we will go.

These decisions coupled with the fact that the board at AFL tas are inherently incompetent has led to the state the club is currently in. Competing for premierships in the SFL may not be such a bad thing....

so it was the board's issue before Fox then? I was told that he was the only one who would take it on and that Lance couldn't committ? that was from a board member! I think you will find that was the truth and as far as Fox being old school, it may have only been to do with his attitude about committment, dedication and communication. Didn't the Tigers in his years lead the league in rotations, they used the Devils play book installed by both Fox and Lance (from Lance obviously), the training from the outside looking in was very progressive, I have only seen 2 trainings under the new coach and they were very early in pre season and all they did was lane work, very little pre training preperation and a heap of static stretching, nothing on what I have seen for the last few years. I believe you are getting your info on Fox from the wrong people.

You are 100% correct on Lance being able to attract players, look at Nth Hobart this season, 5 Hobart players there. I don't think the current coach has any advantages over Fox and Willing to be honest, Willing was fantastic and learnt very quickly under Fox and they both met with Lance regularly, so they were very progressive. The current coach has to start from scratch basically which is pretty much what Fox did so where does that leave the Tigers with 2 seasons of the licence to go, basically up in the air unfortunately. I just hope the boys don't get dissalusioned like last years group with the crap from AFL Tas and the media, those 2 bodies have no class on the matter:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back