2012 WTA Tournments

Remove this Banner Ad

Another WTA final, another loss for Stosur. Judging by the livescores, she really had a big chance to take it.

If Errani was taking something, surely she would have a bigger game.... Come on, let's get real she only made a slam final because Sam is a complete mentalcase.

I wasn't referring to that match at all really. More or less just brining it up because people are starting to get a bit fishy, and we've already had the contradictory comments.

Well what to say about the match that just happened. Same old I spose, Sam was sucked in by Caro early and was pretty much in the shits for a fair portion of the match. I mean there was no loud swearing today but I find it interesting that she's gone from no emotion to constant anger. Maybe its just end of year frustrations. Anyway, I spose the mental stuff ups are just part of her make up, that kind of thing would be pretty difficult to just change.

Stosur is a laughing stock. Her matches are so painful to watch. There is no more inevitable choke in tennis than Stosur when she gets up a break in a final set. Losing to Wozniacki is about as bad as it gets these days.

Sam in finals (apart from the US Open) is down right laughable, it was like she wanted to lose with some of the shots she was playing. There is just no excuse losing to wozinacki, it's a solid matchup for her, well it should be anyway. A title would of been nice to cap off the season and limit the damage from the poins she is loing from YEC.

So on to the YEC Champs, which has the best 8 players of the year but no pull outs yet sadly so Sam sits on the bench as the first alternate, here are the groups:

Group A:
Azarenka
S.Williams
Kerber
Li

Group B:
Sharapova
Radwanska
Kvitova
Errani

To think kvitova could of been in Group A :eek: Group A is obivously stronger but Li's form can always be up and down. I think Azarenka/S.Williams out of Group A and then any one of the 3 apart from errani of Group B (let's go sharapva and kvitova). Play starts tonight (tomorrow morning) at 1am and is on Eurosport every night so set the IQ if you want to watch any of the matches. Day 1 OOP:

Radwanska vs. Kvitova
S. Williams vs. Kerber
Sharapova vs. Errani

I think I'll skip that last match.

Radwanska v. Kvitova could be pretty entertaining considering how different their games are, and assuming Kvitova's form doesn't get back to its best indoors, it has the potential to take a while.

Williams v. Kerber could be good too seeing as Kerber won the last time they met and Serena might be a bit rusty after not having played since the USO.

Radwanska, Serena and Sharapova all get pretty comfortable straight set wins, Kvitova was a mess, Serena played well and blew Kerber off the court and Sharapova is a different level player.

Tommorrow OOP (from 1am again):
Williams vs. Li
Azarenka vs. Kerber
Sharapova vs. Radwanska

That's a shame about Kvitova. To be honest apart from Stosur I really could not give a s**t about the top women players at the moment, but I do like Kvitova. In her presser she was saying that she was very nervous. I spose out of last year's first time slam winners she was the one who looked most likely to kick on, but it hasn't happened. Age is on her side though so she shouldn't be worried too much I guess.

Anyway seems like the matches where shithouse though, not gonna bother with this tournament to be honest.

Sad to hear for Kvitova, she has had a bit of a tough run this year after 2011. She was expected to challenge as the #1 player.

But on the other hand, GREAT news for Stosur. It will be almost impossible to make the semis from this position, but if she can get a win out of the 2 matches it gets her some ranking points.

Kvitova was in tears at the end of her match with Radwanska must be why. Saw Williams had an injury scare in the first set but she must be fine considering she won the second set 6-1.

If Sam wins her two matches can she still make the SF? Apparently she was going to get 50 k for practically being a spectator anyway. I hope Kvitova is ok :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's unfortunate. I wouldn't be surprised if she's just mentally and physically cooked after playing virtually the whole last month trying to qualify for this thing. I can't remember the last time she got bagelled, surely its been years? Hopefully she's not too demoralised, she's probably in desperate need of a holiday.

I don't care if Sam has a broken leg, she just shouldn't be losing to Errani. i watched the first few games this morning, was going to watch the rest after the work after work, found out the score accidently, just saved myself 2 hours of torture. Sweet Jesus, sam.... A F***ing bagel!

Sam just lost the first set 6-0 to Sharapova, winning only 5 points in the set. Thankfully she won the opening game of the 2nd set, although she did face 3 break points.
playing like she should never have been given the spot and should not have agreed to it, is the definiton of tanking atm she is cooked. Can not believe errani bageled her i mean seriously the girl has zero weapons, serena treats opponents like errani with contempt every time she plays them, barely even raises a sweat, thats what stosur should be doing.

Its not like she was ever gonna win, but if she was gonna chuck in a Tomic like effort should've just pulled out and let Bartoli have a crack, at least for the money. If it wasn't effectively the dead rubber you'd think the WTA would absolutely crack the shits at her. Although she didn't finish off the year badly at all, I think the uncharacteristic on court reactions of late pretty much indicated she's in lala land and should've gone on holidays.

In one of her two matches she managed to frame a 2nd serve several rows into the stands. Was actually quite amusing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back