2013/14 Cricket Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What a session - that was one of the most amazing batting collapses I've ever seen.

Pretty funny that it's been the whipping boys in Johnson and Lyon that smashed the game right open. Hell, even arguably the most hated cricketer in Australia saved the Australian's innings with the bat yesterday.

Typical Johnson, when he's good he's great, when he's bad he's terrible.

Yep, the whipping boys are leading the way. Deadly spell for Johnson, few cricketers I like watching more with ball in hand when he's bowling like that.

Hard to see us losing from here, I have this awful feeling now we're on top rain will play a part in the next few days.

Yep, the whipping boys are leading the way. Deadly spell for Johnson, few cricketers I like watching more with ball in hand when he's bowling like that.

Hard to see us losing from here, I have this awful feeling now we're on top rain will play a part in the next few days.

I don't think rain will play a huge part today, maybe late. The light is getting bad though. Possibly storms tomorrow evening.

I must admit to still pitching a tent over Johnson's spell. Uncompromisingly brilliant. It's nice to see the poms squirm and dance for a while.

Whipping boys, Johnson and Lyon, plus great captaincy from the number 1 whipping boy, Clarke.

I am a pom and have defended all 3 of these guys more than most Aussies I know over the last few years.

Now they have answered in the best way, it feels like a pretty s**t victory that I was right :(

AB was gushing in his praise of Clarke's captaincy today on the radio. He said he just backs his instincts.

I'm not sure we can keep carrying Watson at number 3. It seems like every batting collapse is sparked by him getting out cheaply after we lose an opener.

I'd rather see him down the order a bit, but I guess we aren't exactly spoilt for choice when it comes to quality batsmen at the moment.

It's a shame all those 2nd tier guys like Lehman, Bevan, Blewett, Hodge, Elliot, Law, etc, weren't born a generation after our golden period. They were wasted during the 90's.

Whipping boys, Johnson and Lyon, plus great captaincy from the number 1 whipping boy, Clarke.

I am a pom and have defended all 3 of these guys more than most Aussies I know over the last few years.

Now they have answered in the best way, it feels like a pretty s**t victory that I was right :(

AB was gushing in his praise of Clarke's captaincy today on the radio. He said he just backs his instincts.

dinner's going to be enjoyable tonight mate :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Trott's flown home with a 'stress-related illness'... ironic because he's one of the calmest looking batsmen I've ever seen.

'The systematic extermination of Australia’s indigenous population between the late 18th century and early 20th centuries?'

Pretty sure it was the Poms who started that...

i stayed up to watch the rugby league word cup final. usually i don't give a stuff about league but i think i've become a convert. that final between the kiwis and the poms was amazeballs.

They're calling that one of the greatest matches of all time so I wouldn't be using that as yardstick for the sport if I was you.

yeah, but even our final against the kiwis was pretty good, despite it being a lopsided affair. some of the players seem like top blokes too. i'm a big fan of cameron smith now. for a bunch of dudes who put their nobs into dogs mouths, circle jerk together and poo in hotel corridors, they're alright.

He's growing in stature that George Bailey. Could be next test captain if the rumours of Clarke retiring after this series are true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back