2013/14 Cricket Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

glad a 50:50 went our way just then :)

More like a 1:99 went our way.

Rubbish decision, no way he hit that. I was fuming when those dodgy DRS's kept going against us in England and it's just as bad going the other way.

I feel for batsmen who genuinely know they're not out and correctly use the DRS, only for the system to let them down.

(You can tell I'm not a bowler :p)

More like a 1:99 went our way.

Rubbish decision, no way he hit that. I was fuming when those dodgy DRS's kept going against us in England and it's just as bad going the other way.

I feel for batsmen who genuinely know they're not out and correctly use the DRS, only for the system to let them down.

(You can tell I'm not a bowler :p)
you could hear the ball on bat all the way in Como ;)

oh Pieterson, ordinary way to get out...

That was similar to what I was saying before about how I often get out - trying to pull stuff outside off that isn't really on.

Watching a Pakistan v Sri Lanka T20 game on Fox Sports 1 now. Sri Lanka heading for a comfortable victory after posting over 200 and half the crowd has left immediately after Afridi got out, gotta love that reaction.

Poms on their knees now, in for the kill please.

Well, it's certainly looking like in for the kill so far! Keep on truckin' for a session or 2 and hope the bowlers unleash, well, if not hell, then extreme unhappiness, upon the English top order.

1qc9.jpg

I bet you have enjoyed this man's excellent performance in the Ashes Bradesmaen :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scored a seat in a corporate box for last night's Big Bash game. Free food and all the booze we could drink :thumbsu:

Pretty lacklustre game in terms of boundaries, but what a cracking finish! In that last over I was actually wishing I was out with the common folk so I could enjoy the atmosphere.

My attempt to turn the sound of Viv Richards being bowled off the last ball of the day in the 1981/82 Boxing Day test to leave the West Indies 4 for 10 in response to Australia's all out 198 including what many cricketing experts agree is one the finest test centuries even scored, 100 NO by Kim Hughes in the face of a fearsome 4 pronged pace attack on an up and down and damp MCG wicket with a next highest score of 21, has ended in failure. Deprived of context it just sounds like someone dropping a pencil. V disappointed.

Kiwi bloke I've never heard of (Corey Anderson) broke the ODI fastest hundred record yesterday against the Windies.

Rain shortened game (21 overs) and he smashed 131 off 47 balls (100 in 36 balls).

Beat Afridi's record by one ball, good effort considering it's stood for the better part of 20 years.

Just saw one of the greatest catches I've ever seen in the BBL game. They'll still be showing that one in 20 years on classic catches.

If someone youtubes it I'll post it here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back