Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
What formation do you think we will play?

I'm thinking a 4-2-3-1...two defensive mids, one central/attacking mid and two wings to feed Berish...

Think we need a good left sided player (Muscat has indicated this too), then solidfy that back 4...maybe one more central mid

Something like this​

Coe
Galloway - Leijer - Ansell/new CB - Geria
Broxham - Milligon/Valeri
Milligon/Valeri
Finkler
Kosta - Berisha - Archie/Pain​

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Correct me if I've misread that but you have 11 outfield players?

s**t your right, went a little overboard there, Correction:

Coe
Broxham - Milligan/Valeri
Milligan/Valeri
Kosta - Finkler
Berisha​

I think Archie will be an impact super-sub player next season.

polo9

All Australian
Dec 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Thats not overly huge. I was hoping for a Cahill or Lampard

ugh go follow sydney or heart/city

i hate the notion that we have to sign some big star that will put us on the front page of every shitty paper and the talk of everyone in the country.

we went down that route once and it turned out to be the worst season ever. we are melbourne victory not sydney. i hope muscat goes down the route of how we used to sign players, the times where we were actually winning things. we don't need a Lampard, we don't need a 10 game guest stint Cahill, we need players who will come and play for melbourne

polo9

All Australian
Dec 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
s**t your right, went a little overboard there, Correction:

Coe
Broxham - Milligan/Valeri
Milligan/Valeri
Kosta - Finkler
Berisha​

I think Archie will be an impact super-sub player next season.

wtf @ Ansell/newCB

Ansell is our best CB you gronk

polo9

All Australian
Dec 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
and i think we'll still be using the same system, it will just be slightly altered.

Coe

Geria - Ansell - Leijer - Galloway

Valeri - Milligan

Finkler

Kosta - Berisha - Archie
of course this is before we actually sign anyone else. still need a player for a few positions

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
wtf @ Ansell/newCB

Ansell is our best CB you gronk
Settle down tiger and what the hell is a Gronk??

I agree with you that Ansell should be a regular CB in the team through He is still young and Muscat seems to keep playing Leijer and I don't see that changing and who knows who this new CB is and what he will bring if we do sign one.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
and i think we'll still be using the same system, it will just be slightly altered.

Coe

Geria - Ansell - Leijer - Galloway

Valeri - Milligan

Finkler

Kosta - Berisha - Archie
of course this is before we actually sign anyone else. still need a player for a few positions

You don't think Broxham deserves a start up?

He has been very good the last couple of seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

polo9

All Australian
Dec 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
You don't think Broxham deserves a start up?

He has been very good the last couple of seasons.

i love broxham to bits but if we have milligan and valeri both fit for round 1 (assuming milligan stays) then no i don't think he deserves a starting spot

ugh go follow sydney or heart/city

i hate the notion that we have to sign some big star that will put us on the front page of every shitty paper and the talk of everyone in the country.

we went down that route once and it turned out to be the worst season ever. we are melbourne victory not sydney. i hope muscat goes down the route of how we used to sign players, the times where we were actually winning things. we don't need a Lampard, we don't need a 10 game guest stint Cahill, we need players who will come and play for melbourne
Your timing is impeccable.... saw a tweet last night saying massive news for the A-League and Socceroos at 10 on fox sports news.
Turns out it was just that Sydney are looking into making an offer to Cahill.... FFS

And then they even had that buffoon Harper on saying how amazing it will be for the A-League. They interviewed a journo who basically said Sydney are considering making an offer to him, but they don't even know at this stage if it's even something he would be interested in, or if New York would even release him with a year to go on a contract

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
This off season so far has been very un-inspiring.

We have lost 3 supremely talented attacking players in Rogic, Troisi and Nichols and another star in Traore.

Now, it's been confirmed Nichols has gone on a year long loan to Perth with an option of a permanent move (why the **** was he not loaned back to us???) and we have signed Berisha who will add attacking potency.

However, losing 3 attacking mids and replacing them with Carl Valeri who is rubbish is beyond belief.

We have the best player in the country for that role in Milligan and then Broxham is a serviceable option for the other dm/cm role. Why would we sign Valeri and not look to bolster the squad and replace the 3 genuine stars we have lost since last season in Nichols, Rogic and Troisi?

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lets be honest, Rogic only came to us because he wanted a gig in the WC. Couldn't give a stuff who he was playing for

Class player is still a class player and we've lost 3 who all play a creative attacking role with no replacements other than adding a flaky defensive mid who IMO is pure shite.

polo9

All Australian
Dec 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory

We have lost 3 supremely talented attacking players in Rogic, Troisi and Nichols and another star in Traore.

Now, it's been confirmed Nichols has gone on a year long loan to Perth with an option of a permanent move (why the **** was he not loaned back to us???) and we have signed Berisha who will add attacking potency.

However, losing 3 attacking mids and replacing them with Carl Valeri who is rubbish is beyond belief.

We have the best player in the country for that role in Milligan and then Broxham is a serviceable option for the other dm/cm role. Why would we sign Valeri and not look to bolster the squad and replace the 3 genuine stars we have lost since last season in Nichols, Rogic and Troisi?

because our first game is tomorrow?

we are still a few months away... the signings will come

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
because our first game is tomorrow?

we are still a few months away... the signings will come

I just don't have the faith in Muscat to be able to bring in the right players. Carl Valeri? Really?

Ange was superb in identifying the right talent and the right players to fill crucial spots.

polo9

All Australian
Dec 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I just don't have the faith in Muscat to be able to bring in the right players. Carl Valeri? Really?

Ange was superb in identifying the right talent and the right players to fill crucial spots.

not sure what you got against Valeri? if he stays fit he can become a very important player imo. we supposedly have an experienced French CB close to signing, he could be a crucial player in our extremely young defence.

sure Ange has signed some great players in his time but he has signed some absolutely shocking players as well, Markelis anyone?

every team still has positions to fill. just be patient.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

lol you f@cking serious??? That little Wiesel was only with us for half a season and he had unsettled the squad in that time with his cry baby attitude after we refused the first offer to let him go to Japan, in which btw he was a complete failure only making it on the field for Cerezo six times!! The guy obviously has attitude problem he was the some up at Brisbane too chatting to a few Brisbane supporters, don't think Muscat would have wanted him back even if we had the chance to re-sign him. He'll treat Perth in the some vain just wait and see.

The guy can just FOAD for all I care!!

As for Valeri bit harsh to call him rubbish he has had a few setback and his venture in Italy didn't work out, but he's still got talent and can be a real asset for us, I think coming back to the A-League is exactly what he needs he's also very versatile so he can play Central, don't forget Miligan isn't confirmed yet he may still want to explore going overseas to continue his career.

I think we still have a few more signings to come the season doesn't start for another four months yet!

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
not sure what you got against Valeri? if he stays fit he can become a very important player imo. we supposedly have an experienced French CB close to signing, he could be a crucial player in our extremely young defence.

sure Ange has signed some great players in his time but he has signed some absolutely shocking players as well, Markelis anyone?

every team still has positions to fill. just be patient.

Don't forget Bru and Stella!! Contreras who was very underwhelming, Nicholas the dog!!

The only good signing Ange made for us was Finkler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back