2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well going on past record I'd expect them to sign Paul Gascoigne as the marquee striker.:rolleyes:
The squad actually looks promising. I watched the goals from the FFA Cup and we looked okay - albeit against a second-tier side. [remember the last time the side played at Edensor all those years ago].
I guess if someone suitable falls into to Glory's lap sign them up otherwise give some more games to the younger strikers in the squad if we unfortunately have to cover injuries early.
I hope they can manage and rest players throughout the squad so we can at least try to have a consistent season.
Step one is obvious - every team's priority - the home ground MUST become a fortress. Have to keep racking up the 3 points to be relevant. Having a quick look at the fixture at least we are getting our Wellington trip away out of the way first up. Any points from that trip would be a good start. Should be a good game actually.

Gas_3014834b.jpg

#notgivingup

The signings are great but the coach is completely unproven and that's my issue but then again Victory are in the same boat. Keogh is a great signing but I think Nebo could be the x factor. Both his goals last night were fantastic and he could be that #10 we had when Miller was briefly in form. If we don't make the 6 with that squad I'm dissapointed, that's as far as I'll go so far. I still dislike Lowe and think he's done nothing to deserve his job.

It's also not just at home, some away form...ANY away form. This league is so even this season that even a handful of away wins will make a massive difference. We've never done that in the A-League with the exception of their run to the GF a couple of years ago.

All points quite true. I agree with you on KL. I was surprised as anyone that they signed him on. After the distasteful coaching debacle last year I would've thought a clean-out was going to happen. Burns is now behind the scenes, whilst KL had nothing to do with all of that he is still senior coach after some of the hammerings we copped last year. If KL turns it around then I will gladly eat my words.
If I was a mining billionaire I would've gone and signed someone like Ian Holloway - the experience as well as ensuring someone with his charisma would get a lot of press. I realise coaches such as Holloway do not grow on trees but we DO have a mining millionaire running the show. I wouldn't even care if we got a Ross Lyon type of coach as long as we are winning and in the mix for the title.
Yes - away form. Our achilles heal. I would like to see at the very least Glory become the team at is difficult to get points off.

Sidnei has injured his calf, out for the Phoenix game or possibly more.

Thread title could use an update, or start a new one?

Australian Marquee.

A Glory fan made a good point on the Fox Sports Facebook about how Lowe made it clear a couple of months ago that they wanted Ruka as a Marquee and there was no reporting at all. Wanderers show an interest and all of a sudden SBS and Fox are all over it. I know a majority of Glory's pain is self inflicted but this is the kind of east coast bullshit we have to deal with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget SBS and Fox have turned their back on their Smurf roots and are now the official cheer leaders for WSW.

Slater hasn't. He thinks Sydney FC will win the league from what I can make out from his pre-season predictions. I think he had a stroke before he wrote it.

"He's a favourite son of the club and he's got a great relationship with everyone at the club," Brewer said. "We have been talking to both him and his agent about getting him over here for this season and beyond this season.

The fans and Tony Sage aside how many people are still with the club from Ruka's time? We've had that much turn over across the board that most of the people there won't have been there when Ruka was here last.

Ruka
Well don't expect him to be the saviour. Good player but not the class i want up front.
Has pace to burn, can finish. But one sided, poor vision, can't pass, can't head and crossing is no better than what we have.
In my opinion will play second fiddle to Sidnei on the left. Personally if it got to that throw jamo to left mid and use clisby at left back.
Rather see McLaren get his chances

Ruka
Well don't expect him to be the saviour. Good player but not the class i want up front.
Has pace to burn, can finish. But one sided, poor vision, can't pass, can't head and crossing is no better than what we have.
In my opinion will play second fiddle to Sidnei on the left. Personally if it got to that throw jamo to left mid and use clisby at left back.
Rather see McLaren get his chances
If we do sign him I'd assume he'd be playing up front with Keogh. No way we will have a marquee on the bench. He's also the 10th highest goal scorer in club history, if we sign him, he won't be a bench player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back