The Sultan

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Basically I am starting with $50 in one of my TAB account, and betting on each round of the AFL and trying to roll the money each week to see how far I can get and how much I can make...

I have done this the last few years, 2011 i got it to up over $500 about 1/2 thru season, and last year only a few rounds in.

my usual tactic is to load up (80%) on a lock $1.10-$1.20, 15% on a mid-range bet or multi, and a small long shot multi, with the overall goal to average 30% return each week, i.e. double my money every three weeks.

will try and post my bets in each week.

if others do this sort of thing feel free to contribute your bets and results.

I start with $100 and try and increase 10x by the end of the GF.

Last time I managed it was in 2009 when I was sitting on $500 going in and had enough on the Chappy NMS/Geelong double to get to $1001.

Last year I was on Hawthorn and finished on $120 :D

Well doubling every 3 weeks is the plan, not necessarily achievable...

Easing my way into it this week, with:

India the win 3rd test $5 @ $3
Carlton nab cup $10 @ $1.33

Expansion club? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very poor start
AFL season is still a week off and your down a huge chunk of your starting bank roll already

Nah
No fun in losing your whole BR after 2 weeks

Even worse feeling losing it all after 16 weeks

He's just having a bit of fun. $50 would not be his whole bankroll, he's just putting 50 in an account and trying to double it every 3 weeks. Pretty sure he'll reload when it inevitably fails.

Not everyone punts in units etc. some just punt for recreation.

He's just having a bit of fun. $50 would not be his whole bankroll, he's just putting 50 in an account and trying to double it every 3 weeks. Pretty sure he'll reload when it inevitably fails.

And some do a mixture of both.

But why start with $50, give guidelines, then pretty much ruin it all first night by not following those rules

But why start with $50, give guidelines, then pretty much ruin it all first night by not following those rules

Yeah I have no idea why he's gone against everything he originally stated, and i'm not defending that, but you were barreling him about bankroll before he had even placed a single wager.

think everyone is taking this a bit more serious than I am, no hard and fast rule just starting with $50 in tab account and see how long i can go by have a few punts every week, the only reason I posted about it for s**t and giggles and see if anyone else does/wanted to do a similar thing..

some week might only bet on one or two things other might be a one head to head with a 3-4 multis thrown in, play it by ear and where i think there might be some value.

think everyone is taking this a bit more serious than I am, no hard and fast rule just starting with $50 in tab account and see how long i can go by have a few punts every week, the only reason I posted about it for s**t and giggles and see if anyone else does/wanted to do a similar thing..

some week might only bet on one or two things other might be a one head to head with a 3-4 multis thrown in, play it by ear and where i think there might be some value.

Yeah that's all fair enough
But you did give rules and went against them

Not having a go
I do similar
Just didn't understand it going against the posted rules lol

No offence behind it