• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
See the Thread Directory for the list of existing Hall of Famers.

Q: What constitutes a HOF'er?
A: It can be someone who participated a lot to the board years ago, then disappeared. It can be someone who has continued posting for many years, tho at a smaller rate. It can be someone who ran comps, games, or started features/ideas that are standard in today's board. It can be someone who has been a regular participator in annual tipping, fantasy, and other activities. A variety of factors including participation, quality/quantity, influence, peer respect, etc.

Q: How are the nominees chosen every year?
A: Starting from year dot, the board mod first collects names as they appear chronologically on the board till reaching about 30 or so names for a given period of time. The board mod then whittles that down to a shortlist of 10-16 people that may include previous nominees. People who missed out altogether in being nominated, may still make future shortlists.

Q: Why haven't I been nominated yet?
A: The process of collecting and shortlisting names is currently up to the end of the 2006/07 season. Deserving newer members will be recognized in due time, as the process continues into the following years of board activity.

Q: What is the process of electing HOF'ers?
A: A shortlist of about 16 names is presented for voting on by board members and visitors. The poll is open for two months. The top four or so vote-getters will then undergo a secret ballot by HOF members to officially induct TWO people into the HOF. This is done thru a 4-3-2-1 process. The board mod will vote for any absent HOF members.

Q: If I fail at the nomination stage, can I be re-nominated in future years?
A: Yes. Losing nominees are always eligible for future nomination shortlists.

Q: How do I vote?
A: It's multiple choice voting, all votes visible. So vote for as many people as you wish to vote for you deem deserving of being recognized as HOF'ers.

2013 SHORTLIST OF 16 NOMINEES

OLD TIMERS CANDIDATES
DaSawx (First Ballot) *still active*
Roll Tide (First Ballot) *last active 2007*
CONS_SS (2012, 2013) *last active 2007*

SECOND BALLOT CANDIDATES
WhyAlwaysMe - formerly known as Rory - (last nominated 2012)
Wizard (last nominated 2012)
NakedDeadGuy (last nominated 2012)
usalion (last nominated 2012)

FIRST BALLOT CANDIDATES
arakaan
Brasher
Broken
camsmith
Cassius_Clay
dspeed
GG
manureid
wce_all_da_way

You mean I was the first person to go WhyAlwaysMe o_O
Just because he changed his name and hasn't posted much this last year shouldn't take away from his history prior here.

You know, there are only 4 on that list who SHOULD be in NOW. CONS_SS, WhyAlwaysMe, GG and usaloin.

I only voted for one person as I thought he was the outstanding candidate and you could throw a blanket over everyone else. And no, I didn't vote for myself /dirty bird :p
I'd rather you vote for yourself then pass over yourself for someone like Broken. You're the clear #5 here, and if you feel it gets you in, do it as I do worry that by the time we can clear those who should be in now, other good posters like Zarko* or southerntakeover will be in contention which will make it really hard for you to get in.

*I might not like him as he's too much like myself but you gotta respect him.

Maybe starting this year, might start inducting three a year. Or some years, when the class is very good. There's many a deserving person. At the rate of two a season, many people might fall off the earth in the next 3-5 years (if we're only up to the 2006/07 season) and many names up till then who didn't make the nominations list even. Let alone what it's gonna be like once we start getting to the 2009-11 years when the board's membership has grown so much.

I voted two on the basis of two getting in. Suppose three would be better with the quality there although putting your own name in their is a little unfair for the others GG :p

Maybe starting this year, might start inducting three a year. Or some years, when the class is very good. There's many a deserving person. At the rate of two a season, many people might fall off the earth in the next 3-5 years (if we're only up to the 2006/07 season) and many names up till then who didn't make the nominations list even. Let alone what it's gonna be like once we start getting to the 2009-11 years when the board's membership has grown so much.
You need to change the structure a little.
I feel longevity is currently being rewarded.
As much as I feel GG and manureid deserve to get in here one day, I feel they're both getting extra votes basically for still being here.
This will put some to get in before their time and other posters who stopped will be forgotten almost completely.

I actually think GG (2014) and manureid (2015) should get into the hall of fame. But if we rush them in now, it'll slow other people up.
It's actually a joke that usalion didn't get in last year and if he doesn't get in this year, it'll become harder and harder for him to get in as he doesn't post all too often anymore and with more and more people joining in on the board, there will be a higher % of people who don't remember his great contributions while will know of others and push them through unintentionally.

What I want to happen is that the unwashed members of this board vote for 1-2 people, while the old timers like GG, balmainforever, Woodson etc. have their own little private vote for person #3. Prefferably being someone who's been nominated 3+ times but failed to get in.

Because with currently posting trends and a board full of ignoramus', people like CONS_SS and WhyAlwaysMe will never get into the HOF when they fully deserve to be there.

I voted two on the basis of two getting in. Suppose three would be better with the quality there although putting your own name in their is a little unfair for the others GG :p
Yep, I voted using the same logic.

for me
1) usalion
2) WhyAlwaysMe
3) CONS_SS
4) GG
5) Manureid

GG - If you go to 3, now knowing my list, you know who to include as my 3rd vote.

I'd rather you vote for yourself then pass over yourself for someone like Broken.
Thanks for the love, but just quietly I'm surprised to see my name here :)

At best, I'll need to wait for the Seniors committee to make this Hall of Fame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FIRST BALLOT CANDIDATES
arakaan
Brasher
Broken
camsmith
Cassius_Clay
dspeed
GG
manureid
wce_all_da_way

First ballot candidates?? I can appreciate the rest of the guys getting a nomination here but the Bolded ones certainly merited to be called up before. Will Chief be executing some benefits for those still contributing to the cause?

You know, there are only 4 on that list who SHOULD be in NOW. CONS_SS, WhyAlwaysMe, GG and usaloin.

No disrespect to CONS_SS but he only had a couple years of active posting 'TOPS'.. Hasn't been online since the Colts won a Supabah. I suspect he is in prison. Just sayin'

On a serious note, love him or hate him, GG has done more for this board than anyone else. Wouldn't be justice ifhe didn't make it through this round.

Was about to click "Like" to this post then realised GG had also done so. Talk about bathing in your own bath water. Sheesh!!

You mean I was the first person to go WhyAlwaysMe o_O
Just because he changed his name and hasn't posted much this last year shouldn't take away from his history prior here.

Could I ask what's his new name?

GG has to be in. Manu and Rory are my other two that I would put in first. Some quality posters that I've raged at in gameday threads there.
Pretty much why I just voted the obvious one...Yourself and many others are all quality posters and as I said above, could throw a blanket over a whole bunch that deserve a vote. Guess it shows the reason this is the best board imo on bigfooty. Not the same petty fighting and trolling as you get on other boards (a couple of posters excepted) :p

In fairness GG and Woodson should be elected as honorary members for all the work they've put in.
Maybe one ot two others as well.
From memory Woodson is in already...could be wrong? And I would say looking at the voting, GG is (and should) be in for the reasons you mention as well as other stuff.

From memory Woodson is in already...could be wrong? And I would say looking at the voting, GG is (and should) be in for the reasons you mention as well as other stuff.

Yeah but if GG is made honorary then one of you other guys gets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back