Ivanhoe
Monash
Sth Melbourne
St. John's
St Mary's
Emmaus

South will finish higher than that

Really?

What do you base that prediction on ? They are chronic underachievers who consistently don't deliver, particularly when they are out of D3. Were very ordinary in D1 and have been treading water for years.

Have they got some gun recruits Bedford?

He went to school at Parade but you would think a return at D2 level was unlikely. Carey seem have all the connections with the Hawks so if an ‘A’ grade club my money would be on them.

Saw the above quote on the A-grade thread... you guys at OP a chance of landing this bloke?

Also saw this on the VAFA twitter thread...
  1. Avner Kooperman@Koops83
  2. Looking forward to welcoming retired @melbournefc forward @rustyrobertson down to @MonashGryphons training tonight! @VAFA_HQ #gryphnation
Then Retweeted by VAFA
22 Jan VAFA@VAFA_HQ
@Koops83 @melbournefc @rustyrobertson @MonashGryphons that is a big scoop. #vafaleaks

Surely not!!!

FF

Saw the above quote on the A-grade thread... you guys at OP a chance of landing this bloke?

2. Looking forward to welcoming retired @melbournefc forward @rustyrobertson down to @MonashGryphons training tonight! @VAFA_HQ #gryphnation
Then Retweeted by VAFA

22 Jan VAFA@VAFA_HQ
@Koops83 @melbournefc @rustyrobertson @MonashGryphons that is a big scoop. #vafaleaks

Surely not!!!

FF

Sorry left the name out, the OP guys is Adam Pattinson from Box Hill Hawks...

Then Retweeted by VAFA

22 Jan VAFA@VAFA_HQ

Surely not!!!

FF

Russell Robertson playing in the EDFL premier division this season. Not sure why he was down at Monash training?

From the VAFA twitter:
Registration for @rustyrobertson to play with @MonashGryphons in #vafadiv2 for the 2013 season is in! #vafaleaks about an hour ago

Hard to believe?! Playing with mates I'm guessing?

Well didn't think this rumor had any substance... Will no doubt add a few to the Gryphons 'win' column during the season as I would think he has a few 10 goal games in him at D2 level, he's only 33 I believe, and played GFL last year.

Looks like my man Ciavola has tough competition for the goal kicking this year with Close (Ivanhoe) and Robbo running around.

From the VAFA twitter:
Registration for @rustyrobertson to play with @MonashGryphons in #vafadiv2 for the 2013 season is in! #vafaleaks about an hour ago

Hard to believe?! Playing with mates I'm guessing?
Lets hope that he doesn't have a BIG target on the back of his head, will be good to watch a bloke with his experience having a run in D2. Look out Boundy, the thread will have a new sweetheart!!;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eltham
Yarra Valley

Gap

Therry Penola
Monash
Parade

Gap

Ivanhoe
Sth Melbourne

Gap

St. John's
St Mary's
Emmaus
Word just down the Diamond Valley is that Parade are battling for players on the track, so could be a longer year for them than expected.

whats the word around the traps with training and numbers between the various clubs? practice games must be looking to start soon?

Heard strong rumors that the big man Shaun "Kayzer" Kay is amped and ready this year after his overseas trip last year where he was going out of his way for extra boxing sessions in Florence. Early talk, but pencil him in for back pocket in the team of the year.

Heard strong rumors that the big man Shaun "Kayzer" Kay is amped and ready this year after his overseas trip last year where he was going out of his way for extra boxing sessions in Florence. Early talk, but pencil him in for back pocket in the team of the year.

Afternoon all!

After coming from the D1 thread last year, I can't believe our quite this thread is! Hopefully it picks up momentum as we get closer to the opening bounce!

I was going to keep my cards close to my chest but given my username is a dead give away, I don't have a choice!

My colours lie with St Johns, part time player, full time supporter.

Just a brief intro, but I'll give you what I think the ladder will look like at seasons end. St John's bias of course.

St Johns
Eltham
Monash
Yarra Valley
Parade
Therry
Ivanhoe
St Marys
South Melbourne
St Leo's

Looking forward to a great year of discussion and banter!

I saw eltham play reservoir and reservoir won but the eltham boys gave as good as they got
i reckon they had the majority of the play in the last quater but one area they were quite poor was they dropped a lot of marks during the game but all in all they should do ok for they season

I saw eltham play reservoir and reservoir won but the eltham boys gave as good as they got
i reckon they had the majority of the play in the last quater but one area they were quite poor was they dropped a lot of marks during the game but all in all they should do ok for they season

We played resevoir in a praccy 2 years ago, was the first and last time. Without wanting to stir the pot, residents from those less-affluent suburbs are more interested in knocking a blokes head off then getting a touch. We had 2 serious injuries following off the ball incidents.

Without proclaiming to be an expert in the area, I'd say there would be a strong correlation between the average income of a specific suburb and the amount of 'barney's' in a game of footy.

Just my two cents worth.

Anyhow, are we all travelling coming into Easter?

I'm told that the majority of this board are Monah Gryphon posters, would any of you care to elaborate on the rumours that Tim Madden has left the club on the eve of the season?

It's a dog effort on his behalf if it's true.

Carn the Johns!

We played resevoir in a praccy 2 years ago, was the first and last time. Without wanting to stir the pot, residents from those less-affluent suburbs are more interested in knocking a blokes head off then getting a touch. We had 2 serious injuries following off the ball incidents.

Without proclaiming to be an expert in the area, I'd say there would be a strong correlation between the average income of a specific suburb and the amount of 'barney's' in a game of footy.

Just my two cents worth.

I'm told that the majority of this board are Monah Gryphon posters, would any of you care to elaborate on the rumours that Tim Madden has left the club on the eve of the season?

Carn the Johns!

Geez, on that theory you guys must be having all in brawls every game....

Just my two cents worth.

Carn the Johns!

I drove past St Leo's last Wednesday and saw two outfits running around... The Leo's jumper and a demons style jumper. Either a really well attended intra club match or a not so well attended practice match with another club.

On the clearance board South Melbourne, SMS and Therry look to be the movers in 2013.

This form is disproportinatley quiet compared to others in the VAFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back