Preview 2013 Draft/Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy with Ottens, looked the goodes vs hawthorn. Tbh I can't see Goringe wanting to hang around as a 3rd string ruckman, could see him making the move to SA.

I wouldn't be adverse to trading Gorro. It will bite us one day as he will be a good player we just need to make sure we trade wisely. Would love Otten to solidify our back six. We would have an awesome defence in 2014 if we had Thompson, Bock, Warnock, Otten, Broughton, Harbs, Tape, Murphy etc to pick from.

As I said guys, 2014 is finals time! Or atleast a man can dream.

Even *if* we made finals in 2014 we'd probably get knocked out first round. :p

I really don't rate Cooney. On his day he's exceptional, but they are few and far between. He's just not damaging enough for mine. I know he's been cruelled by injuries, but he's had one good season (and it was fantastic) - which he won the Brownlow for. I'd hate for us to go after him now, I reckon he's washed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2014 Jack Martin, plus first rounder and compo pick
2015, first rounder and compo pick
2016, first rounder

That's 6 but to put it in context it's only 3 more than other teams

No I think your slightly incorrect, I'm pretty sure we have 4 compensation picks remaining.

Geelong Mid 1st Round Comp
Geelong 1st Round Compensation
Port 2nd Round Comp
End of 1st Round Comp

Also I think the top 3, the 2x Geelong ones and Port compo expire next year in the 2014 draft. The end of 1st round compo we picked up from GWS I think expires in 2015 draft.

I could be completely wrong.

But it enables us to spread our picks over multiple years anyway, and we should be able to draft pretty strongly for the next 3 years all the while rising on the ladder. Either that are trade with some pretty high currency

Despite being constantly injured would anyone be willing to punt on Xavier Ellis as depth at the right price? May come cheap and it could be a low risk high reward punt. Would add even more experience and solidify our backline even further for a 2014 finals tilt. Was pick 3 and is good when on the park.

Oh yeah and he's a free agent so it could be very cheap.

Article on herald sun/courier mail that the suns have joined the race for James frawley. Apparently we made an unofficial enquiry before the match we played against Melbourne. Looks like the smoke actually has a little fire

Despite being constantly injured would anyone be willing to punt on Xavier Ellis as depth at the right price? May come cheap and it could be a low risk high reward punt. Would add even more experience and solidify our backline even further for a 2014 finals tilt. Was pick 3 and is good when on the park.

Oh yeah and he's a free agent so it could be very cheap.
I hate Xavier Ellis sooooooooo much. Played bball against him as a junior, he played for lakes entrance, and he is an absolute mega douche. The last words I spoke to him was "eat s**t and die" before we got into a bit of a punch on. Please, please no!

Article on herald sun/courier mail that the suns have joined the race for James frawley. Apparently we made an unofficial enquiry before the match we played against Melbourne. Looks like the smoke actually has a little fire
Frawley for Prestia straight swap?

Frawley for Prestia straight swap?

Ahh geez, could be interesting, prestia a higher pick but frawley is a key back, fair to say its easier to pick up a prestia type rather than a frawley type

Interesting on Ellis...

I am SO SO stoked we are chasing Frawley. Gives me a lot of faith in our club.

I was standing near Frawley when we played Melbourne in that last NAB game. He was a late out, but was still watching from the sidelines. Most of the game he either had head in his hands, or just shaking his head in mild disbelief. I'm assuming at his team.

I would have thought St. Kilda will be all over him, given their family connections and their need for a KPD, but very happy we're after him. He must look at the improvement of Warnock and be quite envious. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back