Preview 2013 Draft/Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top prospects still to find their place as clubs weigh up options.
Many recruiters ranked Scharenberg as the second best player available during the mid-year national carnival but with less than two weeks before the draft, he is hardest to place.

The utility, who sat out testing at last month's NAB AFL Draft Combine because of a foot injury, has a group of interviews with clubs coming next week as they weigh up where he fits in the draft order.

The Saints' decision will have a ripple effect, considering Kolodjashnij has been on the Suns' radar for a considerable time.

If he gets past St Kilda and the Bulldogs, the Suns may face a choice between the tall and athletic Kolodjashnij and Aish, who is viewed as one of the best users of the ball in the draft pool and has played in back-to-back senior SANFL premierships for Norwood.

Aish spent a week at Gold Coast mid-season as part of his AIS-AFL Academy scholarship, where he impressed many at the Suns and housed with captain Gary Ablett.

Looks like KK could go as high as #3 to the Saints!

I don't think we should really worry. We'll be left with a good player at #5 regardless. If 2 3 and 4 go Kelly, KK and Aish we just take Scharenberg, and if its Sharenberg, KK and Kelly, we take Aish. Saints taking Kade at 3 just forces our hand to take either Scharenberg or Aish, whoever is available, rather than making a choice between one of the two and Kade.

When they say the Kolodjashnij "twins", do they mean identical?

I mean, we need quality defenders so we should probably draft them both regardless. But I think a sweet tactic would be to have them switch numbers at the end of every quarter to keep the opposition guessing. They play different roles and could really swing the game in our favour. Can you imagine it? Go on.;)

When they say the Kolodjashnij "twins", do they mean identical?

I mean, we need quality defenders so we should probably draft them both regardless. But I think a sweet tactic would be to have them switch numbers at the end of every quarter to keep the opposition guessing. They play different roles and could really swing the game in our favour. Can you imagine it? Go on.;)

Haha genius. I like Jake but hes like one or two centimetres too short and will struggle to hold down key positions as a result. We need KPDs not third talls. We have an excess of players who can play that role IMO.

We really cannot lose with pick 5 hey. It is a really good draft to have that pick. We seem to be a good luck club :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back