2013 Finals Campaign - Who will be there and why

the torp

Rookie
Nov 24, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
With only 7 games to go the final 5 is a huge talking point.

The YVMDFL is closer than most leagues in the state but in the last few weeks it looks as though 4 sides have started to put some distance between them and the rest of the pack.

Upwey
Wandin - Clearly the 2 front runners and have a finals berth locked up and nearly locking in a top 3 position
Woori
Belgrave - Both in great form, as long as the wheels dont fall off during the last 7 games these 2 are finals bound. The question is which of the 2 will lock in the prize of 3rd position and get the treasured second chance?
Warby
Olinda
Gembrook
Emerald - All these sides are fighting it out for the 5th and final spot in the finals. WHO WILL TAKE IT OUT?
Warby look to be on the slide, can they turn it around? I have my doubts
Olinda have hit some form of late but there game against Belgrave this weekend could be make or break.
Gembrook looked to be gone till last weeks convincing win over Mount Ev, They have some very good players running around and i think they will be good enough to pinch 5th spot in the end
Emerald have 3 very hard games against Wandin, Gembrook and Woori over the next 3 weeks, they must win 2 of them to be a chance to grab 5th spot
Mount Ev
Monbulk - Both sides look to be out of the finals race and both will be fighting off relegation and the fact of playing in div 2 next year. From what i have seen i think mount Ev will fight off relegation and Monbulk will swap spots with Healsville in 2014

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
If Wandin keep losing players to long term injuries they will be in strife. Big Kire Talevski and CHB Luke McPhee both sustained knee injuries which look like they are season ending. Voges (our full back did his knee a number of weeks ago and won't be seen again. A few others have missed many weeks but will hopefully be back before the end of the season. Time for the Doggies to dig deep.

RIP Tony S

Debutant
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm sure Wandin will cover the losses well They have used nearly 40 players to date and have good depth in most areas.

Back