2013 HFNL PreSeason Rumours and News

Remove this Banner Ad

New to Hampden as a supporter of one of the new clubs coming in. Long time country football supporter. Should be an exciting year..will feel a bit weird after following the WBFL for a long time. Look forward to seeing some of the big Warrnambool clubs play.

Ahhhh I see! Well that's great! The whole league is excited about the new format and sides! It's gonna be a year that's decided fairly and no excuses made for not playing a team 3 times while others did etc! Just two games against each side, one home, one away. Perfect! I think you will find the league supporters pretty friendly and very passionate. As all supporters should be! Welcome to Hampden League!

Sounds like not all is well at the new Hamilton Football Club. Found this on the hamilton Spectator Facebook page just a few minutes ago:
Hamilton Spectator
IT is believed Hamilton Kangaroos and senior playing coach Jake Myles have parted company.
Despite increasing speculation tonight about a split, there has been no comment from the Hamilton Kangaroos.
Discussion circulating about the matter also marks former Imperials star, Mick Edmonds, as Myles’ replacement.
Pre-season training restarted under Myles’ direction last week as the Hamilton Kangaroos prepare for their debut season in the Hampden Football Netball League.
Myles was appointed senior playing coach of Hamilton’s newly-merged football team in September last year.

Sounds like not all is well at the new Hamilton Football Club. Found this on the hamilton Spectator Facebook page just a few minutes ago:
Hamilton Spectator
IT is believed Hamilton Kangaroos and senior playing coach Jake Myles have parted company.
Despite increasing speculation tonight about a split, there has been no comment from the Hamilton Kangaroos.
Discussion circulating about the matter also marks former Imperials star, Mick Edmonds, as Myles’ replacement.
Pre-season training restarted under Myles’ direction last week as the Hamilton Kangaroos prepare for their debut season in the Hampden Football Netball League.
Myles was appointed senior playing coach of Hamilton’s newly-merged football team in September last year.

Not ideal at all getting this close!! Huge news and major waves at the new club!!

In other news Darcy Graham has reneged on his agreement to join Koroit Saints! All to do with family disagreement apparently.

Latest whisper that is doing the rounds is Brad Thomas could be bound for the Terang/Mortlake Bloods! Most have expected him to play at Port Fairy but this could be changing if the whisper is true.

Also no bout recently sacked coach Jake Myles will have every club in the district and beyond calling him now he is a free agent again. Who would be the front runner? I'm gonna throw out a guess and assume someone in Hampden League. Assistant Coach position would make sense.

Latest whisper that is doing the rounds is Brad Thomas could be bound for the Terang/Mortlake Bloods! Most have expected him to play at Port Fairy but this could be changing if the whisper is true.

Also no bout recently sacked coach Jake Myles will have every club in the district and beyond calling him now he is a free agent again. Who would be the front runner? I'm gonna throw out a guess and assume someone in Hampden League. Assistant Coach position would make sense.

Is Brad Thomas still in the area, I thought he was over in the northern territory

What's the story with the Hamilton coach being shown the door? Reading articles about him, he comes across as a switched on guy. Was it teething problems with the merger?

Ex-Hamilton Coach Jake Myles has officially signed with North Warrnambool Eagles as an Assistant Coach for this season. News has just come to hand. Word is he turned down offers from Portland and Hamilton. It's an exciting signing for the Eagles.

South Warrnambool's returning son in Nick Thompson was heavily courted by other Hampden League Clubs before signing with South again. Offers of Assistant Coach and mentor roles were offered by up to 3 other clubs. Nick is a very handy get for South after losing a few stars for this year in James Hussey and Jarrod Thompson.

who have koroit picked up under adam dowie for this year? or lost for that matter?

who have koroit picked up under adam dowie for this year? or lost for that matter?

I ll look into it and let ya know, if anyone else has good info feel free! I know for certain they have returning midfielder Isaac Templeton from Geelong and picked up Ethan Zimmer from Qld. Not too much talk of players lost though. They also signed highly touted youngster Jayden Brennan from Emmanual Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't confirm or deny....no idea. As far as my source knew he was working here.

Brad aborted the Northern Territory trip as he realised he would not receive his first ever Maskell Medal votes up there and his demand of his father having control of all vote cards was rejected.

The big question on lips of many at the moment is where will Newtown/Chilwell Ruckman/forward Sandy Robinson play in 2013! Many clubs have been in talks with Sandy who is a Warrnambool boy originally. He played his junior footy at North Warrnambool Eagles with many of the boys who now play Senior footy their. Could that be the destination? He is a loyal character by all reports....the word is he is not interested in the money side, that he is just going to play where he wants to and that's that. He has been spotted training in Geelong at least one night a week. Geelong VFL were very interested in him to join their list after he had a great year, including a B&F and Interleague team of the year. Time will tell but surely his decision on where comes in the next few days.

Klint Wagstaff to Cobden from Nirranda is an interesting talking point at the moment. The big guy has dropped around 15kg which to play Hampden League was needed but will that add any pace to him?? From my perspective he is very slow around the ground and I would assume that Cobden will endevour to play him out of the square at FF. Cobdens forward line could be very tall and trouble some sides requiring them to send talls back for match ups. Interesting move anyway ya look at it but will it work??

Portland v Hamilton on ANZAC day is great scheduling....if weather is ok will be a massive home and away crowd. Merged Hamilton side you would think would play finals in first year. Knowing the reputation of the Hampden League this will not be known until they come up against the more fancied Hampden sides though. Hampden League much stronger than WBFL but a combined Hamilton side should be competitive once the players gel together. Will be much harder initially for the Portland side. Much recruiting needed. Hard to know where the Tigers will fit in in the first season.

Don't worry about Portland, any Hampden side who underestimate them are in for a rude shock, they will be more than competitive after flying under the radar this pre season.

Don't worry about Portland, any Hampden side who underestimate them are in for a rude shock, they will be more than competitive after flying under the radar this pre season.

End of season Ladder Prediction:

Camperdown
Koroit
Warrnambool
North
Cobden
South
Portland
Terang-Mortlake
Port Fairy
Hamilton

End of season Ladder Prediction:

Camperdown
Koroit
Warrnambool
North
Cobden
South
Portland
Terang-Mortlake
Port Fairy
Hamilton

I don't think anyone's top 5 will contain a different side, just different combinations! I don't mind Camperdown as a smoky for top spot. Have recruited well and regain Luke Mahony from injury. Koroit are the unknown factor for me, their back line looks to be light on this season.

Koroit are having one of their best preseasons in recent history with a source inside the club saying they are the fittest they have been in years! Adam Dowies philosophy of even if we are running we have the footballs in hand is doing wonders for the list who are turning up in droves each training night. Even beep tests kicking the ball to a target and receiving it back again. Very interested to see their Round 1 side when the time comes....definitely a buzz at the Saints!

Koroit are having one of their best preseasons in recent history with a source inside the club saying they are the fittest they have been in years! Adam Dowies philosophy of even if we are running we have the footballs in hand is doing wonders for the list who are turning up in droves each training night. Even beep tests kicking the ball to a target and receiving it back again. Very interested to see their Round 1 side when the time comes....definitely a buzz at the Saints!

Must be a bit crowded in Adam's bed - you had better tell his missus to move over!

Any news why Brent Forsyth has left the kangaroos. I see it strange for him to leave as he was one of the players that stated publicly that the hamilton teams should merge and join the hampden. It seems hamilton are losing are few players, how are numbers on the track?

Any news why Brent Forsyth has left the kangaroos. I see it strange for him to leave as he was one of the players that stated publicly that the hamilton teams should merge and join the hampden. It seems hamilton are losing are few players, how are numbers on the track?

Can anyone from Hamilton way help to answer this one? From what I have heard training has been amped up a lot in Hamilton and we all know what happens when the tip truck starts tilting up....the weak fall off the back...possibly a reason for players leaving but speculation of course.

Can anyone from Hamilton way help to answer this one? From what I have heard training has been amped up a lot in Hamilton and we all know what happens when the tip truck starts tilting up....the weak fall off the back...possibly a reason for players leaving but speculation of course.
Bluey was never apart of the Hamilton Kangaroos. He was offered a role as Coach of Harrow-Balmoral and has taken that on. I wouldn't question his fitness either.
I'm sure others have their own personal reasons for leaving or never being apart of the merge in the first place. There was always going to be some difficulties with a merge between two rival clubs, so that has come as no surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back