2013 MLB Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Big Papi's four run grand slam in game 2 this series was over... It's amazing The Tigers are still alive but only just. Doesn't say much for Boston....

Whoever wins the NLCS will win the World Series... in a canter....

Since Big Papi's four run grand slam in game 2 this series was over... It's amazing The Tigers are still alive but only just. Doesn't say much for Boston....

You have Scherzer and Verlander to come, and an offense that could turn it on at any point, this series is a long way from over.

Huh? What a stupid comment. After his grand slam the series was 1-1 and Verlander hadn't pitched and the Tigers destroy Jake Peavy.

It was a great batting performance that inning. Forgetting the runs, the likes of Carpenter fouling off 8 pitches were causing a real problem for Kershaw anyway.

Few complaints on the coverage about the umpire but I cant see the problem. It's a small strike zone, but its the same for everyone.

Lot of people thought Carpenter wasn't anything special, but you go to the Cards and they seem to be able to get the best out of players.

I think we have our NL Champion people.

That really was inexcusable there from Ellis, how can you allow a run to be scored on that grounder? It's falling apart for the Dodgers now.

This would be a monumental effort to take it to game 7 from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is getting embarrassing for the Dodgers. Too many schoolboy errors.

Ellis with a nice double, let's see if they can get their offense going now.

Cards all over Kershaw here.

Not helped by Puig.

interesting when they brought kershaw back on short rest vs the braves. Cant remember the pitcher who tweeted he would be fine that day but might find it hard later on. 0-2 in this series although first was a hard luck loss. But may have come back to bite them.

Full credit to the cards, they are just supreme in October. Wasnt too sure on matheny the manager when he took over but he hasnt missed a bit in his first few seasons.

interesting when they brought kershaw back on short rest vs the braves. Cant remember the pitcher who tweeted he would be fine that day but might find it hard later on. 0-2 in this series although first was a hard luck loss. But may have come back to bite them.

Was thinking the same, he just didnt seem right from the start.

Anyway, I gave up after the Beltran catch, from the sounds that was a good thing to do. Still, it was a great effort to get as far as we got, particularly given the start. Definitiely one of the most enjoyable Dodgers seasons I can remember.

And lots to look forward to as well. Is there a Dodgers thread on here? Going to be a big off season.

Cards took it to Kershaw this season. What an amazing 3 playoff games by Wacha. Great to see Carlos Beltran finally make it to the WS. Will be barracking for the Cards just for this guy....well as well as the fact that have great respect for the way Cards have built from within.

I'm pretty new to baseball and the Dodgers, only been following for the last three or four years, but I have to say how much I enjoyed following the team this year. It will certainly be hard to top watching a team go on a historically great run over a 50-60 game stretch. Watching Kershaw/Greinke/Ryu do their thing, the emergence of Puig, the consistency of Gonzalez, the dulcet tones of Scully... I agree with what moomba said earlier this week - this team could be even better next year. Hopefully we get full and healthy seasons out of Ramirez, Kemp and others, plus hopefully a more mature Puig. I can definitely say that 2013 was the year I fell in love with baseball.

And I must tip my hat to the Cardinals. As others have said, they really are a model organisation. They just get the job done.

I'm pretty new to baseball and the Dodgers, only been following for the last three or four years, but I have to say how much I enjoyed following the team this year. It will certainly be hard to top watching a team go on a historically great run over a 50-60 game stretch. Watching Kershaw/Greinke/Ryu do their thing, the emergence of Puig, the consistency of Gonzalez, the dulcet tones of Scully... I agree with what moomba said earlier this week - this team could be even better next year. Hopefully we get full and healthy seasons out of Ramirez, Kemp and others, plus hopefully a more mature Puig. I can definitely say that 2013 was the year I fell in love with baseball.

And I must tip my hat to the Cardinals. As others have said, they really are a model organisation. They just get the job done.

maybe just spend another $100m on importing more players :). Some of these payrolls are just ridiculous

seriously though, their run from when Puig came onto the scene was one for the ages.

Big chance now for the Tiges with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.

Prince facing with a 3-0 count. Should score the tying run at least this innings.

Oh Prince;

BW_OYEpCUAEAjo9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back