2013 MLB season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i reckon the Indians dont play too many good teams coming home in the schedule while Texas and Tampa do so they should be there to have that chance.
Swisher has been on fire of late.

Yeah Indians have got the best run home.

One left against the Royals then the Astros, Twins and White Sox.

Rangers is ok with two against the Rays left which are crucial Then Royals, Astros and Angels

Tampa have by far the toughest with 2 left against Texas then four against Baltimore, 3 against the Yankees and three in Toronto.

Cleveland have to be favourite for mine.

i maybe a bit biased but at the start of the season if u said Texas and the Angels wouldn't be there everyone would laugh at you.

I think if you said Angels, Blue Jays, & Giants were going to be done and dusted. Plus the Red Sox and Pirates are going to be there in some form I would not have believed it.

Teams I think are in:

AL
Red Sox (Thought they would finish 4th or 5th in division)
Tigers (Couldn't see them missing)
A's (Thought with Angels and Rangers would have only pushed for a Wild Card)

NL
Braves (Thought Nationals would have been ahead here, but always thought they could get a wild card)
Cardinals (They just keep getting 85 plus wins)
Pirates (In wild card by 6 games, surely the Pirates first winning season in a long time is going to give them a wild card minimum)
Dodgers (If they keep playing the way they have played since the all star my tip to take home the whole thing)

Teams I think should be in:

AL

NL
Reds (4.5 games up on Nationals, should be able to hold on for WIld Card)

50/50

AL
Rays, Rangers, Indians, Orioles (2 games between 4 teams, going to be a big couple of weeks)

NL

Need to play like the 2011 Cardinals:

AL
Royals, Yankees (3.5 games behind, 4 teams above them and need 3 to falter)

NL
Nationals (4.5 Games back, just think Pirates and Reds have 2 too many wins on them)

Think you will find that because they are 8 games ahead in the division, they will be resting players working the squad making sure they are primed for October. They only have to win 4 games, and that's presuming Washington is about to go on a 11 game winning streak.

Yeah i understand that but would like them to just finish it up now.......2011 still haunts me and Kimbrel giving up 3 runs for the first time ever reminds me of 2011 and the start of the choke. It wont happen this year but be nice to be hitting better, pitching is still good.

We are using 7 different starting pitchers in 7 games to give blokes rest. Hopefully Heyward comes back a few games before the playoffs to get him cherry ripe.

Tough week or so for the Dodgers with injuries and average results. Magic number of 2 though with the Diamondbacks in the next two games. Hopefully have it wrapped up there.

Nice comeback from Kemp, went 4 from 4.

Hard to get a read on the Dodgers. When we had a solid run with no injuries in the past 2-3 months, we looked near unbeatable. But injuries have ultimately been the story of our season, and they're rearing their head again at a bad time. The other day we had zero of our four outfielders available, and god help us if Hanley's issues don't clear up. Ethier now seems to be the biggest concern, although Puig is also slumping at the plate. Our pitching will be fine, but it's really a matter of if we can stay healthy going into October. If we've seen the last of our injuries, then we're a red hot chance to win the whole thing.

Rangers lose in 12 after twice being a strike away from winning it. Crushing loss really with Indians losing as well, could have been two on the trot and start some momentum but this could work in the opposite.

Former Ranger (Hamilton) helps the Angels win against Oakland in extra innings and Baltimore walk off against Boston. Pretty good day for baseball even though i didn't like the result.

From worst to first in the NL West in just over 2.5 months. What a fantastic effort. And the game today again proved just how critical Hanley Ramirez is to this team. It's not a stretch to say the team's World Series chances hinge on his health, which from all reports isn't flash. Also, the Dodgers have only had Ramirez, Puig and Kemp in the same line-up 11 TIMES this season... they're 9-2 in those games.

As reporter Bill Shaikin tweeted after the today's win:

Bring on October! :)

Rangers finally get some offense going due to Andrus, Moreland and Soto long balls...

Tied at the top with Tampa for first wildcard spot. Cleveland still hot on their tails

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to thw last two rockies games. Missed the first 4 inninhs yesterday, ended up going 15 including Helton with a match tying home run in the 9th, and the cardinals losing. Rockies won 9-4 today againt dbacks, also enjoyable game, 4 home runs incl. Goldschmidt. Going to a couple of cubs games next week. Cubs have been dreadul lately

Lot of tears coming from Arizona about the Dodgers celebrating in the pool. Don't think I've seen the word classless used before as if it was compulsory in each sentence. Even read something saying the Dodgers showed a lack of respect for baseball history.

Really struggling to see what the fuss was about.

Check out what the arizona senator john mccain posted on twitter about the pool thing, such a dick.... and brian wilsons response :gold:

Like having Wilson in blue he fits in well with our other guys.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Well done Braves on winning NL East division. Have done it on the back of very good pitching and freddie freeman really. Even with 2 dead bats all year in Uggla and BJ Upton have been able to get the ball into the bullpen and in particular Kimbrel's hands and get it done.

Our bullpen has been lights out which is even more impressive with O'Flarehty and Venters missing basically all year.

Be interesting to see how we go in the playoffs with this side. We strike out alot which never bodes well for playoff baseball and no real ace in the staff (medlen only starting pitcher with playoff experience - 1 game)

Tribe pick up our sixth 4 game sweep for the season. Not something you see often. Starting to look good for the WC spot now with White Sox and Twins as our last two opponents.

Sent from my LG-E400f using Tapatalk 2

Carlos Gomex from the brewers was obviously looking for a fight today. Hits Maholm for a first inning HR then mouths his way off all the way around the bases. Braves took exception. McCann has words with him before he crosses the plate and then nearly causes an all in brawl.

Apparently all this from when Maholm hit him back in June or July. Interesting viewing

I thought the issue was him.watching the homerun like Jose Fernandez did the other week. The Braves took exception to both of them watching the ball.

Sent from my LG-E400f using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back