2013 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh lord, opening night will be a scream. Everyone in action but Sabres, Sharks, Flames and Oilers. Battle of Pennsylvania, Leafs-Habs rivalry and plenty of divisional action to open the season? Yes please.

Best of all, hockey is back!! :D

I'll just leave this here in readiness for opening day...

tumblr_mgfrjqN0B31qdoyhco1_500.png

Going to be an epic Opening Night and getting some sleep on 19/1 to see all the cracking games. GO RANGERS!

P.S. Is Fox Sports doing the NHL this year?

I think they will as usual, but it will be the crappy 1-2 games a week thing during the regular season with playoffs fully covered. Best bet is to either jump from stream to stream or pick up the Vault and watch the games the day after they are played.

I think they will as usual, but it will be the crappy 1-2 games a week thing during the regular season with playoffs fully covered. Best bet is to either jump from stream to stream or pick up the Vault and watch the games the day after they are played.

How much does the vault cost and according to the TV guide for Sunday 20/1, Fox Sports are showing UFC and cricket replays as well as golf on another channel. Hope they update it with the season opener and a few blockbuster games.

How much does the vault cost and according to the TV guide for Sunday 20/1, Fox Sports are showing UFC and cricket replays as well as golf on another channel. Hope they update it with the season opener and a few blockbuster games.

The Vault is $4.95/month.

NHL GameCentre Live is $20/month.

GCL might/should be cheaper this season as some sort of goodwill gesture from the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gamecentre you can watch them Live for $20/month

Vault allows you to watch any games from the day before back to the '07 season (plus some selected classics) for $5 per month in HD (obviously standard definition for the games shot before HD was available). Also, in addition to watching the full game, you can get a 6-minute highlight reel of the game.

My media teacher introduced me to the vault last season and said it was great for him because at the end of a school day, he could either watch the whole game or watch just the highlights after marking work. Plus, it was something to do at 3am to pass the time while waiting for his newborn to go back to sleep. After I bought in, I'd either watch the full game after finishing homework, or if I wanted an early night, I'd watch the highlights and then catch up on the full game if it was a win on the weekend. Plus, using an HDMI cable allowed me to connect my laptop to the TV to watch it :p

Evening gentlemen.
A question about Game Center.
Are the games available to watch after they have aired live almost straight away?
Once I go back to work watching a game live will be almost impossible but being able to watch them when I walk in the door while having some dinner would be great.
The last few seasons I have used a hockey torrent site, not bad but just not reliable or quick enough.

Evening gentlemen.
A question about Game Center.
Are the games available to watch after they have aired live almost straight away?
Once I go back to work watching a game live will be almost impossible but being able to watch them when I walk in the door while having some dinner would be great.
The last few seasons I have used a hockey torrent site, not bad but just not reliable or quick enough.
Yes, the whole game will be available basically straight away.

Leafs with a rough travel schedule for the first five games.

Montreal, day off, Toronto, day off, Pittsburgh, back to Toronto, day off, New York.

At least after that the road/home series become consistent.

So there is no inter conference games.

Looks like the schedule is slated like this.

Division games
5 games against 2 division opponents
4 games against remaining 2

Conference games
3 vs each other conference opponent

eg

Dallas has 5 vs Anaheim and LA,
4 against Phoenix and SJ

3 vs rest of west

Oh lord, opening night will be a scream. Everyone in action but Sabres, Sharks, Flames and Oilers. Battle of Pennsylvania, Leafs-Habs rivalry and plenty of divisional action to open the season? Yes please.

Best of all, hockey is back!! :D

Typical - meaning I'll have to work during our season opener :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back