Teams 2013 Rate my SuperCoach Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Bellchambers is 459k and read in a few articles he is really impressing in pre-season. One in particular was about Hird thinking he could possibloe grab the 1# spot if he applies himself. Worthly at least to watch out for him in the NAB.

Bock on the other hand has the makings of Lake in 2012. He is priced as a mid ranger at 297k but with his injuries is a risk, but if he can get anywhere near his pre-leak break form he could be a steal. I know alot of you guys are saying his progress may be slow but I will lock him in and watch his form closely.
Bocky may be interesting. Will watch. Bellchambers too.:thumbsu:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, C. Yarran, L. Osborne, S. Docherty, L. Stevenson (D. Terlich, D. Van Unen)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Kennedy, J. Selwood, T. Cotchin, D. Mundy, K. Mitchell, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (D. Gorringe, D. Currie)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Cox, T. Rockliff, D. Martin, B. Macaffer, J. Simpson (J. Lamb, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $6,200

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, C. Yarran, L. Osborne, S. Docherty, L. Stevenson (D. Terlich, D. Van Unen)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Kennedy, J. Selwood, T. Cotchin, D. Mundy, K. Mitchell, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (D. Gorringe, D. Currie)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Cox, T. Rockliff, D. Martin, B. Macaffer, J. Simpson (J. Lamb, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $6,200

Nice team and should score well early, but IMO you have gone to heavy with premiums in the middle, as this year we will have some good money making mid rookies available. Good luck.

Nice team and should score well early, but IMO you have gone to heavy with premiums in the middle, as this year we will have some good money making mid rookies available. Good luck.

Why does he need to make more money?? From the team listed might only need 8-10 upgrades, 5 injury sideways trades??? Might be wrong but seems to get points early, allows for upgrades as reqd. Looks a bloody good starting team to me...game is rated on points not $$$

Hrovat I don't know where everyone is getting him being in best 22. If he does make it it'll be with a vest IMO. Talk of Stringer and Mcrae starting rnd 1 but not Hrovat http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-22/nab-cup-test-for-pups

Being a Western Bulldogs supporter, I'll put my balls on it that Hrovat will be playing round one. He is absolutely smashing pre-season and is running rings around the boys. The article is referring more towards the fact that Macrae and Stringer are still questionable to play in 2013 and the NAB Cup will be there chance to impress. I see Stringer playing around 10-15 games throughout the year and debuting around round 5 and Macrae to play about 5-10 games and debut late in the season. Hrovat will play 20+ much the same as Libba in his first year. The question I have in my SC2013 team is whether I choose Koby Stevens or Hrovat. At this point in time I'm leaning more towards the U18 AA, Vic Metro MVP player in Hrovat.

Being a Western Bulldogs supporter, I'll put my balls on it that Hrovat will be playing round one. He is absolutely smashing pre-season and is running rings around the boys. The article is referring more towards the fact that Macrae and Stringer are still questionable to play in 2013 and the NAB Cup will be there chance to impress. I see Stringer playing around 10-15 games throughout the year and debuting around round 5 and Macrae to play about 5-10 games and debut late in the season. Hrovat will play 20+ much the same as Libba in his first year. The question I have in my SC2013 team is whether I choose Koby Stevens or Hrovat. At this point in time I'm leaning more towards the U18 AA, Vic Metro MVP player in Hrovat.

Good news, but why the hesitation in taking him or Stevens? If Hrovat is likely to play as many games as you suggest then I would assume his junior numbers would warrant his selection would it not or do you see him as a Sub candidate?

Good news, but why the hesitation in taking him or Stevens? If Hrovat is likely to play as many games as you suggest then I would assume his junior numbers would warrant his selection would it not or do you see him as a Sub candidate?

I just don't know the true ceiling of Koby Stevens. I have watched alot of Hrovats football and barely anything of Koby's. I will save my selection until NAB Cup.

I just don't know the true ceiling of Koby Stevens. I have watched alot of Hrovats football and barely anything of Koby's. I will save my selection until NAB Cup.

Makes sence, but remember no one has seen Hrovat at AFL level so he's as much as an unknown as Stevens IMO.

Interesting to see these guys mentioned as possible round 1 iunclusions, if anything, I thought WB were flush with good young midfielders.

Thanks for the heads up.

Makes sence, but remember no one has seen Hrovat at AFL level so he's as much as an unknown as Stevens IMO.

Interesting to see these guys mentioned as possible round 1 iunclusions, if anything, I thought WB were flush with good young midfielders.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yer mate, but I rate Hrovat alot better than Clay Smith and Clay pretty much spent the whole year on the park. I see Hrovat a little more versatile player than the likes of Libba, Smith, Wallis in that I can see him spending time on the wings, small forward etc. All I know is that its going to be a tough midfield to crack into in a few years time.

Stevens will do a lot of clearance stuff, hard stuff and the like, but disposal is iffy. Not great for SC. I want him in but I will wait for NAB.

Not necessarily true, the hard contested stuff and clearances can deliver big points these days, specifically with sides set out to get numbers around the ball at the stoppages, players that can get first use and clear the congestion trump super-efficient outside players. Contrast players like Dangerfield, Priddis, Selwood or Kennedy who win alot of the hard stuff but aren't particularly good ball users with someone like Dal Santo.

Any feedback would be appreciated for my first attempt - I've gone for a few PoD's, particularly with injured premiums that are now mid-pricers, and players that I expect to take the next step this year. Guts, glory, etc.

DEF: B.Gibbs, G.Broughton, N.Bock, D.Terlich, S.Docherty, J.Pittard (S.Colquhoun, D. Van Unen)

MID: G.Ablett, D.Swan, S.Pendlebury, T.Cotchin, R.Sloane, D.Mundy, J.O'Meara, B.Crouch (J.Viney, S.Kerridge)

RUC: T.Goldstein, M.Leuenberger (D.Currie, J.Witts)

FWD: D.Cox, P.Ryder, T.Rockliff, A.Siposs, J.J.Kennedy, T.Varcoe (T.Lee, B.Staker)

$132,200 remaining, which makes any alterations a bit more flexible.

Any feedback would be appreciated for my first attempt - I've gone for a few PoD's, particularly with injured premiums that are now mid-pricers, and players that I expect to take the next step this year. Guts, glory, etc.

DEF: B.Gibbs, G.Broughton, N.Bock, D.Terlich, S.Docherty, J.Pittard (S.Colquhoun, D. Van Unen)

MID: G.Ablett, D.Swan, S.Pendlebury, T.Cotchin, R.Sloane, D.Mundy, J.O'Meara, B.Crouch (J.Viney, S.Kerridge)

RUC: T.Goldstein, M.Leuenberger (D.Currie, J.Witts)

FWD: D.Cox, P.Ryder, T.Rockliff, A.Siposs, J.J.Kennedy, T.Varcoe (T.Lee, B.Staker)

$132,200 remaining, which makes any alterations a bit more flexible.
would turn bock or broughton into a premium and I question anyone who picks Ryder after how he came back to preseason training, there are better options out there for that price

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would turn bock or broughton into a premium and I question anyone who picks Ryder after how he came back to preseason training, there are better options out there for that price

Also reckon that Bellchambers showed enough last season to become Essendon's number one ruckman meaning Ryder will take on a less lucrative key position post.

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Gibbs, Newman, Terlich, Goodes, Staker, Docherty
Mids: Pendlebury, Watson, Dangerfield, Shuey, Hartlett, Wines, Crouch, O'Rourke, Crouch, Viney, O'Meara
Rucks: Naitanui, McIntosh, Grundy, Currie
Forwards: Franklin, Cox, Lecras, Kennedy, Stringer, Daniher, Menzel, Lee

Went for Hartlett as a mid as he is a good def/mid so can be swapped. Same reasoning choosing Cox in the forward line. Thus giving my side some flexibility across all four lines. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mids: Pendlebury, Watson, Dangerfield, Shuey, Hartlett, Wines, Crouch, O'Rourke, Crouch, Viney, O'Meara

Went for Hartlett as a mid as he is a good def/mid so can be swapped. Same reasoning choosing Cox in the forward line. Thus giving my side some flexibility across all four lines. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hartlett in mids = no, Scotland (isnt he out for first few weeks??) Newman - would be a very unique P.O.D
Nicnat - doubtful first few weeks and will be underdone when he returns
Daniher - no, baby giraffes don't score well
Mcintosh - wont be top 6 rucks on average by years end

Hartlett in mids = no, Scotland (isnt he out for first few weeks??) Newman - would be a very unique P.O.D
Nicnat - doubtful first few weeks and will be underdone when he returns
Daniher - no, baby giraffes don't score well
Mcintosh - wont be top 6 rucks on average by years end
Thanks for the reply.

Forgot about Scotland missing early in the year, will exchange him and perhaps Newman as well if I can find a replacement.

NicNat can be a placeholder for any ruckman if he does miss early rounds so no real issue there. McIntosh is fairly cheap second premium ruckman and is my gut feel he will score well down at the cattery.

Hartlett maybe not the right choice but I would still like a Mid/Def DPP to line up in my midfield, any suggestions? Heppell?

Thanks for the reply.

Forgot about Scotland missing early in the year, will exchange him and perhaps Newman as well if I can find a replacement.

NicNat can be a placeholder for any ruckman if he does miss early rounds so no real issue there. McIntosh is fairly cheap second premium ruckman and is my gut feel he will score well down at the cattery.

Hartlett maybe not the right choice but I would still like a Mid/Def DPP to line up in my midfield, any suggestions? Heppell?

On the quiet, replace Newman with Geary or Yarran if u feel brave
I don't see the need this year for a mid/def swap player - but as the quality of premium mids are so high i wouldnt waste a spot on a defender, however if your heart is set on it choose a rookie mid/def to enable the swap if you need to, Vlatsutin, Goodes or Colquhoun (probably wrong spelling) appear the most popular at this stage, but watch NAB and choose from there

Why does he need to make more money?? From the team listed might only need 8-10 upgrades, 5 injury sideways trades??? Might be wrong but seems to get points early, allows for upgrades as reqd. Looks a bloody good starting team to me...game is rated on points not $$$
I had a theory that theoretically the midfield will score 40 to 50% of your score so why not spend 40-50% of your cash on them, is this the wrong way to go about it?

Replace Scotland with Hanley Brisbane Lions start with an easier fixture then Carlton and Scotland wont play the first 2 games anyway

my team for now might need some fixing any oppions would be greatly welcome
Backs;Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Yarran Osborne Goodes (Staker Terlich)
Mids;Ablett, Swan, Cotchin, Murphy, Ball, Varcoe, Wines,Crouch (O'Meara Viney)
Rucks;Warnock Leuenberger (Witts Currie)
Forwards;Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Johnson, Bock, Mayes, (Menzel, Simpson,)

my team for now might need some fixing any oppions would be greatly welcome
Backs;Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Yarran Osborne Goodes (Staker Terlich)
Mids;Ablett, Swan, Cotchin, Murphy, Ball, Varcoe, Wines,Crouch (O'Meara Viney)
Rucks;Warnock Leuenberger (Witts Currie)
Forwards;Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Johnson, Bock, Mayes, (Menzel, Simpson,)

Looks solid / fairly standard.
I reckon you will part with Warnock come Round 1. Be really brave to take 2 risks in starting RUCK positions.
Been so tempted myself with rolling that dice with Hanley. Could be a nice POD.
Rookies look ultra standard, but that's the trend at this point.

I really need some NAB Cup form to fill out those crucial little gap filler decisions in my own team.
Nailing a few 200-300k types is kinda stressful with trail team. I think the Gun / Rookie strategy could be well and truly dead, with amount of trades this season and the way last year panned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back