2013 Rookie Draft Pick #17 - Michael Wood

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I remember him. He is that really talented forward, with freakish marking and goal kicking ability, but skinny as. This kid is really really good but its hard to know what to make of him because of his lack of size. He has been playing league for Subi for most of the year iirc. If talent alone gets you a career in AFL this kids a monty.

Oh I remember him. He is that really talented forward, with freakish marking and goal kicking ability, but skinny as. This kid is really really good but its hard to know what to make of him because of his lack of size. He has been playing league for Subi for most of the year iirc. If talent alone gets you a career in AFL this kids a monty.

That sounds like someone familiar.

a replacement for mello?

When I watched this guy play I kept saying God that is a brilliant mark but he couldn't possibly do it at AFL level,the defenders wouldn't let him surely. He may take Mello's position but he is nothing like him as a player. This guy is a marking target, takes a great grab under all sorts of pressure and knows how to slot them.

When I watched this guy play I kept saying God that is a brilliant mark but he couldn't possibly do it at AFL level,the defenders wouldn't let him surely. He may take Mello's position but he is nothing like him as a player. This guy is a marking target, takes a great grab under all sorts of pressure and knows how to slot them.

Totally agree but just needs to build his body up...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great talent and a really nice guy. He has always struggled to put on weight. Even with multiple protein shakes etc.

Hopefully Freo can rectify this. Great pick-up though guys.

Great talent and a really nice guy. He has always struggled to put on weight. Even with multiple protein shakes etc.

He might have an overactive thyroid - leading to a ridiculously fast metabolism that just doesn't allow the putting on of weight regardless of how many carbs he eats. I have a mate like this who is around 6 feet tall but only 60kg's, eats like a horse every 2 hours otherwise he feels weak. If he gets sick like a cold or flu, he automatically and frustratingly loses MORE weight, down to as low as 56kg's.

All the fat people are jealous and angry and make fun of him but it's a genuine problem. Anyway, It could be something similar.

Really like the highlights. He seems to play deep forward a lot in those clips and have a terrifically quick lead. Even if he is 65kgs we have three years on the rookie list to build his frame. We have added a lot of natural forwards this post season. It is hard to judge how good the recruits will be, but geez their highligts look awesome and our list appears very well balanced.

Really like the highlights. He seems to play deep forward a lot in those clips and have a terrifically quick lead. Even if he is 65kgs we have three years on the rookie list to build his frame. We have added a lot of natural forwards this post season. It is hard to judge how good the recruits will be, but geez their highligts look awesome and our list appears very well balanced.

He's 75Kg's Sherrif ;)

Great poise, balance and skill. Does have a bit of young Fyfeness about the way he moves

Encouraging rookie draft. I like the look of these lads more than the guys we grabbed in the proper draft. Nice evasiveness and he really works hard, in both toughness and continual running, to win or keep possession.

He'll be a long time coming though so two years on the rookie list and a year as an upgradee...

It can be an issue for some, I remember Travis Johnstone could never put on much weight, our own Scotty Thornton too (albeit due to Crohns).

It would greatly reassure me though to see that his weight is indeed 75kgs and not 65kgs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back