2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

two up

Cancelled
May 13, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Care to elaborate, please ?

Also, was it me seeing stuff, or were some posts from earlier in the week removed ?

Kannenberg getting off on a loop hole, seems ludicrous a runner has made contact with another runner and opposition player and gets off. Also noticed the comments on big Tone seem to have disappeared. Surely his jurisdiction doesn't stretch that far

The Baker

Draftee
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hold the phone. News just in. Despite losing to Barnawartha today Thurgoona believe they can claim the win on appeal. Apparently there was a technicality that the umpires missed that has been picked up after reviewing all the video footage.

epicurean

Draftee
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
what a good weekend country footy/netball at its best ,I must admit had to stifle a chuckle at the last comment but time to move on,good luck to the teams remaining and congratulations to the league on the look of the venue

Kevin Known

Debutant
Aug 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Hold the phone. News just in. Despite losing to Barnawartha today Thurgoona believe they can claim the win on appeal. Apparently there was a technicality that the umpires missed that has been picked up after reviewing all the video footage.

Sounds as though the fall out from Thurgoona's season might have started, they might be in the market for a new coach. Unsure if the coach doesn't want to go again or if the club not happy with results and are looking around, but it was quite clear their season never really went according to plan and straight sets nevers sits well come finals time, so I guess it is expected that there may be some discussions on that front.

Speaking of straight sets, surely Dederang can't lose 2 in a row? With their firepower they have to go in favourites but winning form is good form. Be a good TAB market, who will kick the most goals for the day? Either of the Bradshaw's or Cook up the other end. Be good fun having $10 on one of them and watching to goals sail through all day if it's a nice day!

two up

Cancelled
May 13, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's everyone's thoughts for tomorrow's game? Massive pressure on DMB to get the job done after dominating the season. Barny playing footy like they've got nothing to lose, but this is a bigger test than a depleted Kiewa or a fractured Thurgoona. Will be a good contest DMB by 22

a kick behind

Draftee
Sep 30, 2008
in the shed
AFL Club
Essendon
What's everyone's thoughts for tomorrow's game? Massive pressure on DMB to get the job done after dominating the season. Barny playing footy like they've got nothing to lose, but this is a bigger test than a depleted Kiewa or a fractured Thurgoona. Will be a good contest DMB by 22
Yes this is a massive test for the Dederang Club. Not sure they dominated the competition they had a pretty cruse draw. I didn't see Mitta v Dederang game but was told from a neutral spectator that was there, that Gilson (& Packer) completely out coached their Dederang counterparts. Maybe Dederang went into this game to cocky? And remember Barny drew with the Bombers earlier in the season. Barny is well coached and are defiantly up and about.

The Baker

Draftee
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good luck to Thurgoona seniors in the finals at Sandy Ck tomorrow. After sacking your coach and buying a better one, spending a fortune on recruits, raiding a struggling Hume League club, successfully requesting an investigation resulting in suspensions to your own and opposition players, paying a hefty sum for a subsequent appeal and improving the video coverage of the Tallangatta League like never before you certainly deserve some success.
Who are you playing by the way?

Sep 29, 2008
ALBURY
AFL Club
Essendon
Good win for Barny today, good to see spending big not paying off in the TDFL. Guns for hire are just that and nothing more... Next week will be interesting, that's for sure.

DanielJohns

Debutant
Nov 23, 2007
Wodonga
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very good win, DMB out coached again. Barney favourites next week?

What's happened with Almond thought he was the super coach ,best side in the Hume league last year and couldn't make the big game, crossed to Dederang lost both finals couldn't kick a winning score with the 2 of the best forwards in country footy, turning into a serial underachiever goes to show cheque books don't win the big games

Cats Superstar

Debutant
Sep 24, 2007
Rutherglen
AFL Club
Geelong
What's happened with Almond thought he was the super coach ,best side in the Hume league last year and couldn't make the big game, crossed to Dederang lost both finals couldn't kick a winning score with the 2 of the best forwards in country footy, turning into a serial underachiever goes to show cheque books don't win the big games

Where did his "super coach" credentials come from? Not really a great record when it counts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

two up

Cancelled
May 13, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Almond a typical cheque book coach. Despite the game slowly slipping away didn't make a move I hadn't seen them play all year until Saturday but take out their stars and they quite obviously lacked depth. This is where the big dollars don't help. I've got no idea what the Bradshaws got, but I get a feeling they could of spent the money on, say, 3 good midfielders and a gun forward. Anyway, moving on. Even money bet this weekend, for the reasons people have been saying. Hopefully they get some better umpires this week they were hopeless. A 4 metre high ball called play on by umpire then he changes him mind decided to pay the mark, we need the best umps around for the showpiece event.

Kevin Known

Debutant
Aug 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Almond a typical cheque book coach. Despite the game slowly slipping away didn't make a move I hadn't seen them play all year until Saturday but take out their stars and they quite obviously lacked depth. This is where the big dollars don't help. I've got no idea what the Bradshaws got, but I get a feeling they could of spent the money on, say, 3 good midfielders and a gun forward. Anyway, moving on. Even money bet this weekend, for the reasons people have been saying. Hopefully they get some better umpires this week they were hopeless. A 4 metre high ball called play on by umpire then he changes him mind decided to pay the mark, we need the best umps around for the showpiece event.

Yeah Almond has a good reputation as a coach (I believe he even got offered the Corowa job in O & M before accepting this job at DMB), but I agree, I think his reputation should be more of a good recruiter, as he seems to be able to recruit a good side together - but I have massive question marks over the coaching ability, results show for about the last 6 years with a good side his sides have often fallen short.

I put alot of it down to the press, I believe he still follows the press??? which in my eyes does not work at this level of footy, especially in a finals series when playng against the best sides. Thurgoona and DMB used the press to effect during the season, but both went straight out in finals against other sides who played hard at it and hard running finals footy. At this level trying to play a press takes alot of time at training, and we all know not everyone trains as much as what the coach would like, therefore in the heat of a finals game it is very easy to be let down when you rely on it completely and have no other real options or coaching moves/ideas. Could be wrong just my thoughts? Any thoughts on the press at this level??

The result of all this straight sets finals defeats for the top sides has at least ended up with 2 very good sides in the GF who are currently in their best form, playing great footy and it should be a ripper game. Lets see who can get the closest to......

Winner - Mitta by 27 points
BOG - Nathan Reynoldson (Mitta)
Most Goals - Cook 4 and Culph 3

Pole Position

Rookie
Feb 22, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Should be a ripper game this weekend! Barny up and about and mitta seasoned finals campaigners!!!
Will go down to the wire, but I think if it stays dry barny might just do it however forecast is for showers I think
So ill say.....
Premiers: mitta by 18
Bog: darcy eaton
Goals: gray 5

Draftee
Mar 26, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah Almond has a good reputation as a coach (I believe he even got offered the Corowa job in O & M before accepting this job at DMB), but I agree, I think his reputation should be more of a good recruiter, as he seems to be able to recruit a good side together - but I have massive question marks over the coaching ability, results show for about the last 6 years with a good side his sides have often fallen short.

I put alot of it down to the press, I believe he still follows the press??? which in my eyes does not work at this level of footy, especially in a finals series when playng against the best sides. Thurgoona and DMB used the press to effect during the season, but both went straight out in finals against other sides who played hard at it and hard running finals footy. At this level trying to play a press takes alot of time at training, and we all know not everyone trains as much as what the coach would like, therefore in the heat of a finals game it is very easy to be let down when you rely on it completely and have no other real options or coaching moves/ideas. Could be wrong just my thoughts? Any thoughts on the press at this level??

The result of all this straight sets finals defeats for the top sides has at least ended up with 2 very good sides in the GF who are currently in their best form, playing great footy and it should be a ripper game. Lets see who can get the closest to......

I haven't posted in a long time but after all this talk about Almond and his coaching I couldn't sit back and keep reading this dribble and not post something , having played under him myself. 1st thing : anyone who is in involved at a football club if they could recruit Daniel Bradshaw they would, enough said. Point 2 : he didn't have the best side in the Hume last year. I played in that side and we didn't have a good back line and we had a B- mid field other than walker and he missed the last month with injury so if anything we over-achieved. Point 3 : As for his coaching ability,he is the most prepared and meticulous coach I have ever seen and the his ability to improve individuals and get the most out of his players was unreal. When it comes to game plans and making moves he was always spot on and 2-3 years in front of everyone else. Point 4 : I can not speak for Dederang but when Bill was at our club he was all about culture and working as hard as you can as a club and hopefully the success would come and our club is better for having him. as for you saying he has fallen short in the last six years with good sides we played finals every year he was here and if i I remember Dederangs side this year was predicted to finish 5th or 6th weren't they ? And as we all know they are hard to win !! Oh yeah, and we won it in 2010 under him in a side that many said at the time was the 3rd or 4th best list that year . Enough said !!

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I haven't posted in a long time but after all this talk about Almond and his coaching I couldn't sit back and keep reading this dribble and not post something , having played under him myself. 1st thing : anyone who is in involved at a football club if they could recruit Daniel Bradshaw they would, enough said. Point 2 : he didn't have the best side in the Hume last year. I played in that side and we didn't have a good back line and we had a B- mid field other than walker and he missed the last month with injury so if anything we over-achieved. Point 3 : As for his coaching ability,he is the most prepared and meticulous coach I have ever seen and the his ability to improve individuals and get the most out of his players was unreal. When it comes to game plans and making moves he was always spot on and 2-3 years in front of everyone else. Point 4 : I can not speak for Dederang but when Bill was at our club he was all about culture and working as hard as you can as a club and hopefully the success would come and our club is better for having him. as for you saying he has fallen short in the last six years with good sides we played finals every year he was here and if i I remember Dederangs side this year was predicted to finish 5th or 6th weren't they ? And as we all know they are hard to win !! Oh yeah, and we won it in 2010 under him in a side that many said at the time was the 3rd or 4th best list that year . Enough said !!

It's not right to say we all would recruit Daniel Bradshaw if we had the chance. Some clubs may not want to risk their future by spending way too much money on one or two players when it doesn't guarantee a flag. I have no idea what Dederang have spent this season but I am guessing it will hit the club in the hip pocket for no return.

Draftee
Mar 26, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's not right to say we all would recruit Daniel Bradshaw if we had the chance. Some clubs may not want to risk their future by spending way too much money on one or two players when it doesn't guarantee a flag. I have no idea what Dederang have spent this season but I am guessing it will hit the club in the hip pocket for no return.
Howlong have more money now than before he played , so it hasn't done anything bad to our future. And haven't Dederang got him for next year. surely they would not go with him again if they could not pay there players, and it was going to hit them in the hip pocket or stuff their future. And they have got a return they haven't played finals in a long time and now they have . success isn't measured by wining flags. And nothing guarantees you a flag other then getting the right people to your footy club and trusting that they will work there butts off to create a culture that helps them win games now and long term. Oh yeah isn't that what sporting clubs do raise money so they can spend it how they want. I would hate to see what you guys would say of a few of our Hume league sides !

Kevin Known

Debutant
Aug 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Howlong have more money now than before he played , so it hasn't done anything bad to our future. And haven't Dederang got him for next year. surely they would not go with him again if they could not pay there players, and it was going to hit them in the hip pocket or stuff their future. And they have got a return they haven't played finals in a long time and now they have . success isn't measured by wining flags. And nothing guarantees you a flag other then getting the right people to your footy club and trusting that they will work there butts off to create a culture that helps them win games now and long term. Oh yeah isn't that what sporting clubs do raise money so they can spend it how they want. I would hate to see what you guys would say of a few of our Hume league sides !

Thats fair enough and like I said he certainly is a good recuiter and does put in a heap of effort, but I would think that with his side's that he has developed those sides have under achieved, and for me clubs do measure a certain amount of success by premierships. Lets look at Thurgoona for example - club has done an amazing job, successful off ground for last number of years and have a good strong footy list last few years with great success through out the season, but in finals have failed to deliver, so football wise I would think they would be massively disappointed not to have a flag in the cupboard from the last 4 years of on and off field work.

My question still is, and maybe 9999 can answer it as you would have played it at Howlong, what do people think of playing the press at this level of footy? I am yet to see solid results from it (solid results being finals wins)?

Whats the weather going to be like up there for Saturday? If it rains a bit who that help or hinder? I am sticking with mitta by 27 hail, rain or shine!

Draftee
Mar 26, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thats fair enough and like I said he certainly is a good recuiter and does put in a heap of effort, but I would think that with his side's that he has developed those sides have under achieved, and for me clubs do measure a certain amount of success by premierships. Lets look at Thurgoona for example - club has done an amazing job, successful off ground for last number of years and have a good strong footy list last few years with great success through out the season, but in finals have failed to deliver, so football wise I would think they would be massively disappointed not to have a flag in the cupboard from the last 4 years of on and off field work.

My question still is, and maybe 9999 can answer it as you would have played it at Howlong, what do people think of playing the press at this level of footy? I am yet to see solid results from it (solid results being finals wins)?

Whats the weather going to be like up there for Saturday? If it rains a bit who that help or hinder? I am sticking with mitta by 27 hail, rain or shine!
He has only had Dederang for 10 months not 4 years like Thurgoona so to say he has under achieved is a big call , and as I said he got us a flag with not the best side in the comp in 2010. As for the press we didn't play it under almo we played a 18 man zone at times but not a full press . Can it work I don't know, but it would be like any game plan it comes down to how much you train for it and I don't know how much they do at training.

winforme

Debutant
Jun 14, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Dogs didn't run a press this year we have previous years but scrapped it this year because of a new coach an to say it does not work well we finished on top last two years and dederang this year I know we don't have the silverware to show for it but still dederang have only had Marc for one year so all year would of been about learning us on the other hand well maybe we just recruited wrong we lack ticker in the big games....
All this stuff about Marc has got me thinking so I went and visited my little dederang mate who plays under him and asked him what his thoughts where and he said to me how long have you got..... Could not speak highly enough of him.... He said best coach he has ever had...
My thoughts on Marc coach of the year enough said......
Oh and bagging out dederang about paying all this money
If you did not go and watch the whole day of tdfl grand finals you would not have seen at 8.50 Daniel Bradshaw running water for his clubs fourths what a sight that must was and a buzz for them little kids.... Congrats to marc and dederang
Last night doggies have re signed our coach hopefully 2014 year of dogs

reggieray

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2007
bum*****idaho
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
(FFC)bulldogs,
Wow no one has said well done to Barny. What a bloody great effort to come from eight not long out of the finals. Didn't land any big guys like DMB and Thurgoona. Maybe it was change of coach and new game plan. Have been told by a DMB person that Barny were the best side they played.
Now to those who think DMB failed I think not. What about Thurgoona missing out again. They picked up a few handy players. Watch out for DMB next season and if Darren Bradshaw loses a few kilos it might be a different story. But I would Almond would have a few guys in his sights from Lavi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back