2013 senior list average age

Remove this Banner Ad

It's disingenuous to think that any Saints improvement is unlikely to come from youth, whilst Richmond's youth will be improving both their skill levels (good luck with that) and nerve over the off season.

Which club's youth has the better grounding?

Code:
Cotchin, Trent  86 22y242d  Dunell, Sam (R) 5 22y288d
Vickery, Tyrone 54 22y188d  Steven, Jack   51 22y252d
Astbury, David  24 21y283d  Simpkin, Tom   21 22y120d
Martin, Dustin  63 21y162d  Stanley, Rhys  21 22y  4d
Grimes, Dylan   17 21y142d  Hickey, Tom E. 12 21y274d
Griffiths, Ben  18 21y 79d  Ledger, Tom     6 20y263d
Dea, Matt       21 21y 53d  Siposs, Arryn  16 20y 10d
Batchelor, Jake 30 20y296d  Newnes, Jack    7 19y285d
Helbig, Brad    15 20y281d  Ross, Sebastian 1 19y212d
Conca, Reece    35 20y115d
Elton, Todd      1 19y220d
O'Hanlon, Brett  8 19y141d
Ellis, Brandon  21 19y124d

Poor Daniel Archer...three years on the list for a solitary game. Has a late chance to put the Saints in front, misses, and is banished forever. The time is coming when St.Kilda will be forced to press ahead with the Archers - whether or not they are AFL material.

Which club's youth has the better grounding?

Before it was U24's, now it's U23's, by the time you get down to under 16's we won't have any.

I'm looking for Saad to become a 40+ goalkicker, in spite of any arbitrary age cut off you may throw up. McEvoy has completed his apprenticeship, Geary is a personal favourite who will move up the ground etc etc

Before it was U24's, now it's U23's, by the time you get down to under 16's we won't have any.

I'm looking for Saad to become a 40+ goalkicker, in spite of any arbitrary age cut off you may throw up. McEvoy has completed his apprenticeship, Geary is a personal favourite who will move up the ground etc etc

Well I'm happy to classify Riewoldt, Grigg, Edwards etc. as "youth" if you're happy to count Geary.

Well I'm happy to classify Riewoldt, Grigg, Edwards etc. as "youth" if you're happy to count Geary.

You can apply any arbitrary cut off you like,

our biggest improver last year was Shaun Dempster, yours was Shane Tuck, there's no auto correlation between names and improvement based on age.

Here's another table with an arbitrary cut off.

Players to have played 20 or more home and away games in 2012 - top 3

1 .RIC 14
2. SYD 13
3. HAW 13

our biggest improver last year was Shaun Dempster, yours was Shane Tuck, there's no auto correlation between names and improvement based on age.

No it wasn't, Tuck has always been good, he just hasn't played regular games. The biggest improver for mine is someone like Rance, Edwards, Grigg or Cotchin.

1 .RIC 14
2. SYD 13
3. HAW 13

With that kind of spin, you could work at fox news. You do realise that Richmond's 22 from 2012 was the 3rd youngest? So Richmond played a lot of players regularly, many of them were kids.

No it wasn't, Tuck has always been good, he just hasn't played regular games.

He went from nowhere to top 3 in the B&F, if that's not an improvement I'll go..........

With that kind of spin, you could work at fox news.

I'll put it in facetious font for you next time.

You do realise that Richmond's 22 from 2012 was the 3rd youngest? So Richmond played a lot of players regularly, many of them were kids.

Richmond had a young team? no one told me before, make sure you include the word 'hope' though, if you really want to tow the company line.

He went from nowhere to top 3 in the B&F, if that's not an improvement I'll go..........

Because he played more games. And lets not focus on best and fairest awards, which act more as signals to players from coaches than anything. Fact is, Edwards, Rance, Cotchin and Grigg were the most improved. Tuck was already a very good inside midfielder, the difference was that he learned to play within a structure.

Richmond had a young team? no one told me before, make sure you include the word 'hope' though, if you really want to tow the company line.

Did I say a lie there or something?

1 .RIC 14
2. SYD 13
3. HAW 13

imo tucky wasnt our biggest improver. you could argue cotchin was the biggest improver going from b+f winner(2011) to second in the b'low and another b+f is a big jump. i would also argue grigg and edwards had a better year than tucky. tuck was good but the same general good he normally does imo.

imo tucky wasnt our biggest improver. you could argue cotchin was the biggest improver going from b+f winner(2011) to second in the b'low and another b+f is a big jump. i would also argue grigg and edwards had a better year than tucky. tuck was good but the same general good he normally does imo.

I'd say Edwards...Came from (effectively) nowhere.
Cotchin improved, but was still good in 2011.
Tuck was poor for most of 2011, but in previous years he was pretty good, so it was more a return to form.

I'd say Edwards...Came from (effectively) nowhere.
Cotchin improved, but was still good in 2011.
Tuck was poor for most of 2011, but in previous years he was pretty good, so it was more a return to form.

i agree. edwards could be a 50 goal flanker if in that position all year and he continued his improvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back