2013 UCI World Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive ride by Clarkey to finish 7th.

Rui Costa one of the great tacticians in cycling. Rode the race to perfection.

No love lost between Valverde and Rodriguez it seems ... or Froome and Wiggins for that matter!

Wonder if Valverde didn't chase De Costa because they're on the same team (though De Costa is leaving)??

Purity screwed up big time, he had him in that sprint and sat up at the wrong line

tumblr_mtwbcxzh0q1ropreyo1_1280.jpg

Sums up how hard that race was.

Purity screwed up big time, he had him in that sprint and sat up at the wrong line
Never had him IMO.

Honestly don't like it when people win races this way, but Spain could of stopped it from happening so its hard. I think the ave. speed of the race was something like 36km/h.

Honestly don't like it when people win races this way, but Spain could of stopped it from happening so its hard. I think the ave. speed of the race was something like 36km/h.
It would have been much more satisfying to see Purito or Nibali grab the win, so I agree to an extent. But Rui had to work his ass off to get over the climbs in the last lap or two, endure those conditions and 280km of racing and get through unscathed from the myriad of crashes - so any winner on a day like that is well deserving. He also tactically rode a brilliant race and finish.

It would have been much more satisfying to see Purito or Nibali grab the win, so I agree to an extent. But Rui had to work his ass off to get over the climbs in the last lap or two, endure those conditions and 280km of racing and get through unscathed from the myriad of crashes - so any winner on a day like that is well deserving. He also tactically rode a brilliant race and finish.

I guess when only 60 riders finish it becomes a battle of everyone for themselves rather the gentlemens handshake rules of racing.

Evans has said it was the most dangerous day of racing he has been involved in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back