2014/15 Capital One Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Because it happens for every team! There are games where calls go in favour of you and there are games where calls go against you. That's football.

Complaining about it does nothing. You still tried to put words in my mouth which I don't particularly appreciate.

I'm not complaining about anything. Well, I'm annoyed that Cahill wasn't sent off when every man and his dog knew what he did except Foy, but I was actually Dangerous32 to get over it because big clubs getting calls going their way is hardly new. And it's not. That you rolled your eyes at me suggested you disagreed with me so I brought up an incident from 6 days ago and asked whether you didn't think it was a sending off as you seemed to degree that big clubs get a lot of lucky calls going their way.

I'm not complaining about anything. Well, I'm annoyed that Cahill wasn't sent off when every man and his dog knew what he did except Foy, but I was actually Dangerous32 to get over it because big clubs getting calls going their way is hardly new. And it's not. That you rolled your eyes at me suggested you disagreed with me so I brought up an incident from 6 days ago and asked whether you didn't think it was a sending off as you seemed to degree that big clubs get a lot of lucky calls going their way.
Sorry, the tone in the comment "Dodgy reffing calls involving Chelsea are hardly new though." suggests a bit of complaining.

For what it's worth, yeah Cahill probably should have been sent off. Foy was horrible that whole game though, which is not new for him. Do you think Costa should have been carded for simulation when he didn't appeal for a free kick?

Their defender being sent off was ridiculous.

Also in my post that you quoted I did admit to complaining about cahill not being sent off. ;)

Sure but Bruce shouldn't have been carded. Cahill should have had a straight red. Aluko was fouled in the build up to your goal.

Costa was penalised twice pretty harshly, but that's about all that went against you.

Their defender being sent off was ridiculous.

Also in my post that you quoted I did admit to complaining about cahill not being sent off. ;)

Sure but Bruce shouldn't have been carded. Cahill should have had a straight red. Aluko was fouled in the build up to your goal.

Costa was penalised twice pretty harshly, but that's about all that went against you.
And that's a game where we get the rub of the green. I guarantee there will be games where we don't. It happens.

Because it happens for every team! There are games where calls go in favour of you and there are games where calls go against you. That's football.

Complaining about it does nothing. You still tried to put words in my mouth which I don't particularly appreciate.
Take your point there. Have been lucky v Villa and Hull (despite reds being deserved in both) but a bit unlucky against City and Arsenal. Swings and roundabouts.

And that's a game where we get the rub of the green. I guarantee there will be games where we don't. It happens.

Don't wanna get onto another Hull rant, when the original point was about Derby, but it goes against us a lotttt more than it goes for us. Which is where the observation about big clubs having it easier comes from.

I also have no idea what incident Dangerous32 is referring to but given he suggested Derby were close to winning makes me think he was watching a completely different game.

tbh for the relatively strong side you put out, I was less than impressed with the Chelsea performance, didn't create many chances for yourselves but rather pounced on one bad mistake from us (not having a dig but I don't think there was a huge difference between the two teams). I do realise though that Chelsea probably didn't get out of first gear. Ah well, rather exciting game and was in it till the unfair dismissal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't wanna get onto another Hull rant, when the original point was about Derby, but it goes against us a lotttt more than it goes for us. Which is where the observation about big clubs having it easier comes from.

It goes against you because as a bottom half team the game is going against you more than average.

Careful! You'll have to deploy the Moomba Clause whereby any mention of a "big club" getting the rub of the green must be accompanied by a mention of how Derek Jeffries copped a harsh call in the FA Cup 5th round replay in 1971 and, therefore, it's all swings and roundabouts innit? :$:D

Why would I say that? I'm the last person to suggest that it all balances out when it clearly doesnt.

I've said so dozens of times on here.

But you carry on obsessing about me/Man City. That doesnt seem to have much balance either.

Why would I say that? I'm the last person to suggest that it all balances out when it clearly doesnt.

I've said so dozens of times on here.

But you carry on obsessing about me/Man City. That doesnt seem to have much balance either.

Changed your tune from last season then when you pulled me up on making the exact same comment about big clubs getting the rub of the green.

There's the ghost goal as well, we've copped our fair share of being shafted.

And as a Chelsea fan I don't have to dwell on slip ups too long as the next chance for success isn't very far away.

Slip ups:D
gerrard-slip.gif

Last edited:
Changed your tune from last season then when you pulled me up on making the exact same comment about big clubs getting the rub of the green.

I havent changed my tune at all. I have never had a go at you for thinking that some clubs get decisions and some don't.

I had a go at you because you were still whining about a decision that went against you against Everton two weeks earlier. If I whined for two weeks straight about a decision against us I'm sure I would be pulled up about it as well.

Then you started moaning about a decision against Man City that you thought went against you two months earlier. Which was a figment of your imagination as you later conceded.

Have I just embarrassed myself. I was convinced there was a similar incident in the City game to the Chelsea game. Was it not Nasri?

So once again, in your desperate need to say "I told you so" you have picked the wrong argument.

I havent changed my tune at all. I have never had a go at you for thinking that some clubs get decisions and some don't.

I had a go at you because you were still whining about a decision that went against you against Everton two weeks earlier. If I whined for two weeks straight about a decision against us I'm sure I would be pulled up about it as well.

Then you started moaning about a decision against Man City that you thought went against you two months earlier. Which was a figment of your imagination as you later conceded.

So once again, in your desperate need to say "I told you so" you have picked the wrong argument.
Ok.

There's the ghost goal as well, we've copped our fair share of being shafted.

And as a Chelsea fan I don't have to dwell on slip ups too long as the next chance for success isn't very far away.

Slip ups:D
gerrard-slip.gif
I'm so excited that Demba gets to return to Anfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back