2014/15 Capital One Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

2005 semi obviously, seemed pretty inconclusive. But I've more than moved on.

I really cannot fathom why any Chelsea fan or Mourinho complains about that goal. Cech would have received a red card if not for the goal being awarded after he poleaxed Baros.

I really cannot fathom why any Chelsea fan or Mourinho complains about that goal. Cech would have received a red card if not for the goal being awarded after he poleaxed Baros.

Like a penalty has never been saved or missed.

Obviously people can complain as the goal vision was inconclusive. To Pool fans it's a fair goal, to us it's not. Pretty easy to understand.

But not really the thread for it.

Like a penalty has never been saved or missed.

Obviously people can complain as the goal vision was inconclusive. To Pool fans it's a fair goal, to us it's not. Pretty easy to understand.

Oh I agree the goal was inconclusive. If the goal wasn't paid it was a penalty and a red card to Cech though which would have seen Chelsea worse off.

Oh I agree the goal was inconclusive. If the goal wasn't paid it was a penalty and a red card to Cech though which would have seen Chelsea worse off.

Yeah he would have seen red, but it's not a given that the penalty would have been scored I guess.

So you'd rather them chalk off the ghost goal, send off Cech and we have a penalty which we would probably score from anyways.

You were lucky with the "ghost goal"

Or Cudicini could have saved the pen, it's something we'll never know.

But hey it's history now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very even game so far, been a battle of the defensive midfielders with Lucas & Matic both breaking up play excellently and restricting the influence of the #10's. Liverpool with the greater share of possession and creating more as a result, Chelsea happy to sit back and look for the spaces on the counter.

Last edited:
Very even game so far, been a battle of the defensive midfielders with Lucas & Matic both breaking up play excellently and restricting the influence of the #10's. Liverpool with the greater share of possession and creating more as a result, Chelsea happy to sit back and look for the spaces on the counter.

Yep, seems a classical away leg set up from Chelsea.
Classic Chelsea, away to a big club. Do nothing but defend and score lucky goals the other way. Avoid blatant pens too.

Blatant?, cmon man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back