2014/15 Capital One Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Ozil was Arsenals second best midfielder last season.

Might say more about the rest of Arsenal's midfield.

I'd say Rosicky and Ramsey both had better seasons though. Very underrated is Rosicky.

Very weak. It's easier to laugh then to actually look at the facts. 10 changes from the team on the weekend, several debutantes, Evans back from injury, Welbeck, Hernandez, Kagawa and Anderson all played, Kagawa subbed after 20 mins with concussion.

It was an experimental line up designed to look at the players and confirm that several of them can be moved on.

Fairly happy we lost. Should mean several duds sold.
The fact remains Milton Keynes are a League One side, make all the excuses you like but face the fact Man Utd are now just a middle of the road side hoping for a good cup run or europa league qualification this season, they are no longer one of the big contenders.

Rosicky barely played. You may actually want to watch Arsenal play before commenting.

I did actually, when he played Rosicky was much more influential than Ozil.

He played in 27 of your league games, by the way. Not sure what you classify as 'playing'.

My understanding of football is fine, Rosicky is incredibly underrated.

EDIT: Lol. He played in more league games than Ozil.

The fact remains Milton Keynes are a League One side, make all the excuses you like but face the fact Man Utd are now just a middle of the road side hoping for a good cup run or europa league qualification this season, they are no longer one of the big contenders.

What happens if MK Dons come up against City in a later round and beat them? Will you agree that City are not contenders?

The fact is United are playing for CL qualification, LvG knows damn well we are winning the title. Calling us middle of the road is just incredibly stupid and ill informed.

What happens if MK Dons come up against City in a later round and beat them? Will you agree that City are not contenders?

The fact is United are playing for CL qualification, LvG knows damn well we are winning the title. Calling us middle of the road is just incredibly stupid and ill informed.

The difference is City are good and Man U aren't

The difference is City are good and Man U aren't

Oh I see.

The season is two rounds old, we've been knocked out of a useless comp and haven't yet been able to put our best 11 on the park.

It does fill me with joy knowing that supporters of all the other teams show such concern for us. I'll make sure to return the compassion. :hearts:

2/10 troll, not at Faith's level yet, try harder

Stop living on past glories and look at your current side. The Man Utd defence is only average at best, whilst having some firepower up front can cover for it against some of the weaker clubs it won't cut it against those near the top.

Man Utd can go and spend 60m pounds on an Di Maria, but he can't help your back 4.

Stop living on past glories and look at your current side. The Man Utd defence is only average at best, whilst having some firepower up front can cover for it against some of the weaker clubs it won't cut it against those near the top.

Man Utd can go and spend 60m pounds on an Di Maria, but he can't help your back 4.

Lol how am I living on past glories, I never even mentioned the past.

FYI Liverpool did pretty well last season with poor defence. Blind freddy can see United are building a side, LvG has even said he is building the team he wants and to expect bad performances.

We've added two defenders and looking to add at the very least another and a DM.

Maybe you should get better informed before posting rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were dismissing his performance when clearly shown he was good for Germany. Just like he was for Arsenal and will be this season.

And most Arsenal fans rate Rosicky very highly, but comparing him to Ozil's influence last season is nonsense.

27 games - 2 goals 1 assists
25 games - 5 goals 9 assists

Might say more about the rest of Arsenal's midfield.

I'd say Rosicky and Ramsey both had better seasons though. Very underrated is Rosicky.

Rosicky did not have a better season than Ozil. I love Ros but that is way over the top.

Ros came off the bench in half the games he played and helped greatly with controlling the tempo of the game but Ozil was directly involved in creating chances.

I know that this is a reaction to the exaggerated United hate recently but going the complete other way is ridiculous as well.

Now I'm definitely not a troll but I have to agree on the opposition Ozil points. I've never seen the bloke turn a game or lift a team. The only time I've ever seen him play well is when his team is gelling. Whether that's because the team needs him to click or he needs the team to click, I'm not sure. All I know is I've never seen a game where his team is losing and thought to myself 'well gee at least Ozil is still playing well."

For one of the big dogs in the league he is NOT a big game player.

Rosicky did not have a better season than Ozil. I love Ros but that is way over the top.

Ros came off the bench in half the games he played and helped greatly with controlling the tempo of the game but Ozil was directly involved in creating chances.

I know that this is a reaction to the exaggerated United hate recently but going the complete other way is ridiculous as well.

Not really, couldn't care less about the bickering between United and Liverpool supporters. I've just never been impressed with Ozil besides his first half-dozen games for Arsenal where he got most of his assists.

Faded horribly in the second half of the season.

Now I'm definitely not a troll but I have to agree on the opposition Ozil points. I've never seen the bloke turn a game or lift a team. The only time I've ever seen him play well is when his team is gelling. Whether that's because the team needs him to click or he needs the team to click, I'm not sure. All I know is I've never seen a game where his team is losing and thought to myself 'well gee at least Ozil is still playing well."

For one of the big dogs in the league he is NOT a big game player.

Absolutely this. There was never a big game where Ozil turned the tide, he languished, looked like he didn't give a s**t, and jogged about the place.

My mate tried to prove he had a good FA Cup final, and the first five minutes of the highlights video he showed me was him squibbing tackles and weak passes to 50/50s that Hull ended up winning. When Cazorla, Ramsey, etc. lifted the side, suddenly there was Ozil in amongst it.

Not really, couldn't care less about the bickering between United and Liverpool supporters. I've just never been impressed with Ozil besides his first half-dozen games for Arsenal where he got most of his assists.

Faded horribly in the second half of the season.

You realise he's trying to ******* feed Giroud?

Absolutely this. There was never a big game where Ozil turned the tide, he languished, looked like he didn't give a s**t, and jogged about the place.

My mate tried to prove he had a good FA Cup final, and the first five minutes of the highlights video he showed me was him squibbing tackles and weak passes to 50/50s that Hull ended up winning. When Cazorla, Ramsey, etc. lifted the side, suddenly there was Ozil in amongst it.

Annnddd you've lost me.

Annnddd you've lost me.

Go re-watch your thrashing at the hands of Liverpool, or the first half of the FA Cup final and get back to me, as just two examples off the top of my head.

Go re-watch your thrashing at the hands of Liverpool, or the first half of the FA Cup final and get back to me, as just two examples off the top of my head.

Absolutely.The whole team was s**t. Everton in the FA Cup when we in a bad run of form he was fantastic that game in lifting the team. He almost single handedly brought us back in the away game at Southampton when we playing absolutely terribly in the first half and down 1-nil.

Also i don't think he was a passenger at the World Cup as you believe. Don't think Joachim Low would believe that either.

He can play much better this season no doubt but some of these comments are ridiculous.

I still remember that goal he scored against Napoli early in last season's Champions League, he was absolutely on fire at that stage. Dropped right off since, but if he can get back to that level Arsenal will be an infinitely better team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back