2014/15 Capital One Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not angry about it though. My thoughts on the league cup has never changed.

If it happened in a league game or a FA cup game I'd have a different opinion.
For once the league cup isn't the massive distraction that it can be with no European football and lets face it it's probably the best chance at this stage for United and VG to have a successful first season. A 7th placed finish and a league cup win with the current squad would be a pretty good first up season til he weeds out all the sh*t

Mancs are overusing these today, gotta restock

turd-polish-demotivational-poster-1225401046.gif

For once the league cup isn't the massive distraction that it can be with no European football and lets face it it's probably the best chance at this stage for United and VG to have a successful first season. A 7th placed finish and a league cup win with the current squad would be a pretty good first up season til he weeds out all the sh*t
No, our best chance is finishing top 4.

So anything less will be a failure?
In a sense yes. We aren't good enough to win the league. City and Chelsea are well in front of us.

You then have Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs just below. Honestly it's not even top four, it's just fourth spot. That's the realistic goal.

I could live with 5th or sixth if it means we improved a lot and fought all the way.

LvG is building a team capable of winning everything. That doesn't happen in one window. It'll take several.

That was my point with all those sides you mentioned in Europe they probably won't focus on the league cup at all which could have had United as potential favourites for the comp. 7th & league cup win > 5th or 6th. I just cant see them passing last years top 4 this season. You just have to look at Arsenal to see what a cup win can do to lift the mood around a club

That was my point with all those sides you mentioned in Europe they probably won't focus on the league cup at all which could have had United as potential favourites for the comp. 7th & league cup win > 5th or 6th. I just cant see them passing last years top 4 this season. You just have to look at Arsenal to see what a cup win can do to lift the mood around a club
So go for the booby prize?

We're obviously not going to agree.

Don't think Dyche and Burnley fans have their sights set on European qualifications. It's called being realistic. 5 of the top 6 have improved significantly, still a wait and see on how Liverpool will go. I think VG is the man to get United back to the top 4 don't get me wrong but it's not a 1 season thing IMO

(Assertively) I'm not too upset as it allows us to concentrate our focus elsewhere.

In all seriousness, though, no matter how you cut it - B grade team, only the League Cup, new manager etc - there is no conceivable way that a 4-0 loss to League Two opposition is in any way acceptable. Especially since we don't have European football to worry about this season. I agree that top 4 is our prime goal but cup success is always good in our situation.

If this continues to the end of the year I'd clamour for LVG's head too.

So now Man United fans dont even want to win trophies, they just wanna finish 4th. Sounds like Arsenal.
Its called being realistic, if we said were aiming for the title trolls like you would write the same crap that our squad isnt good enough etc.

(Assertively) I'm not too upset as it allows us to concentrate our focus elsewhere.

In all seriousness, though, no matter how you cut it - B grade team, only the League Cup, new manager etc - there is no conceivable way that a 4-0 loss to League Two opposition is in any way acceptable. Especially since we don't have European football to worry about this season. I agree that top 4 is our prime goal but cup success is always good in our situation.

If this continues to the end of the year I'd clamour for LVG's head too.

Cmon mate - League 1 - we're not THAT bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fergie already left a title winning team and all they've done is add world class players to it.

Again you show your complete lack of football knowledge.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the team was screaming out for a rebuild. SAF got out at the right time. He got the best out of the players we have but the turnover was needed several seasons ago.

He would have left earlier had they won the title the season before, thought a United fan would at least know this. He still managed to carry on with such a squad and win the most convincing title of the last few seasons. Since then all they've done is add big name players to the list.
He left because of his wife. It wasn't planned at all. He has openly stated it was sudden decision.

Geez.

The swagger they used to have and the fear they used to put into sides has gone a full 180 and now it looks like every player who dons the shirt looks scared
Old Trafford used to be a fortress teams were intimidated when they entered the stadium know that any sort of a result would be a win, which automatically removed the idea of actually taking the 3 points. Now that fear has gone, a loss to Swansea at home, a flogging at the hands of a League 1 side who in years gone by would've been happy just to host Man Utd, but the concept of winning 4-0 was never in question.

pantskyle you can come up with all the excuses you like, but the English media aren't buying it and neither are 99.99% of football fans.

Ask yourself would you be happy to see Man Utd lose to Melbourne City? Because you just lost to a team worse than them.

Old Trafford used to be a fortress teams were intimidated when they entered the stadium know that any sort of a result would be a win, which automatically removed the idea of actually taking the 3 points. Now that fear has gone, a loss to Swansea at home, a flogging at the hands of a League 1 side who in years gone by would've been happy just to host Man Utd, but the concept of winning 4-0 was never in question.

pantskyle you can come up with all the excuses you like, but the English media aren't buying it and neither are 99.99% of football fans.

Ask yourself would you be happy to see Man Utd lose to Melbourne City? Because you just lost to a team worse than them.

Lol the English media.

I woke up this morning still not fussed.

typeclub pantskyle

Its the Capital One Cup thread, can please we keep it on topic? I don't care about the intricacies of rat poison, take it somewhere else.

I was just making sure typeclub had a stable diet, as you know rat poison is poisonous to rats and does cause death.

Lol the English media.

I woke up this morning still not fussed.
You mightn't be but so far this season Man Utd have looked like relegation candidates than CL qualifiers. Man Utd go to Burnley for the early game on Saturday, fail to get a result there and you're no hope for CL.

You mightn't be but so far this season Man Utd have looked like relegation candidates than CL qualifiers. Man Utd go to Burnley for the early game on Saturday, fail to get a result there and you're no hope for CL.

Relegation six-pointer that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back