Smith
Maxwell
Marsh
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Cummins

LOL - Good luck Kiwis.

Reckon we could send out a 2nd X1 that could get the job done.

Nah you've tried the second x1 thing before in a series in NZ and lost 3-0..actually it was the last series you played there. One game NZ won by 9 wickets

Good looking side tho..not a lot of weaknesses.
Been a while since your batsman have 1. Played and 2. Played a moving ball so will be interested to see how you go

What a crapshoot this game will be, played on a bloody rugby field where the field restriction circle almost reaches the boundary. It's setup perfectly for the sloggers to clear the fence (even with an edge). It's like a bloody exhibition game played in the US in an NFL stadium.

p1010593.jpg

They were talking about this on the radio here the other day TT.. The boundaries are small and its a good track, but the scores are generally not as high as people expect.
The bowlers get bounce & pace, so bowl short (as the side on boundaries are reasonably long), plus the spinners get some turn here. So not all loaded in the batsman's favour

I think it will still be a 300 track, but maybe not the 350 score some people expect

Yeah Watson's lucky that unusually for Australia there's not 3-4 batsman smashing the door down to take his spot.

Forecast for Auckland tomorrow is 27 C and fine.. but not unusually for Auckland a chance of a shower

Martin Crowe to be admitted to the ICC hall of fame in the interval which is great news. He was a fantastic cricketer, who sadly wont be with us for much longer
Watching him bat against Malcolm Marshall etc was a highlight of my cricket watching career

Yeah Watson's lucky that unusually for Australia there's not 3-4 batsman smashing the door down to take his spot.

Forecast for Auckland tomorrow is 27 C and fine.. but not unusually for Auckland a chance of a shower

Martin Crowe to be admitted to the ICC hall of fame in the interval which is great news. He was a fantastic cricketer, who sadly wont be with us for much longer
Watching him bat against Malcolm Marshall etc was a highlight of my cricket watching career

Very sad news about Martin Crowe. Probably NZ's greatest ever batsman. Very much enjoyed watching him bat (on TV) back in his day.

I think the Kiwi's are deserving favorites for this game..... And what about the scheduling for Aus one game in two weeks cause of the Washout.. And they have to go to New Zealand..

What's wrong with Crowe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id have bailey before him anyday of the week...

I beer been like this before but I actually hope he fails, because I'm sick of him getting an extended crack when others don't get the same oppurtunities
This is pretty much how I feel as well. In all the sporting teams I follow I'm the type that will always back a player in rather than hope that they fail but with Watson I'm completely the opposite. I mean I know it's not his fault he keeps getting selected even though he's rubbish but for someone with limited ability he's so smug and quick to sledge the opposition without being able to back anything he says up.

This is pretty much how I feel as well. In all the sporting teams I follow I'm the type that will always back a player in rather than hope that they fail but with Watson I'm completely the opposite. I mean I know it's not his fault he keeps getting selected even though he's rubbish but for someone with limited ability he's so smug and quick to sledge the opposition without being able to back anything he says up.

The other thing that really frustrates me, is that most of his runs come in dead rubbers…Most aussies with their backs against the wall find a way to perform, have a look at Clarke and Smith's knocks when Phil Hughes passed away (may he RIP). Watson, never manages to put runs on the board when his team really needs him. Occasionally gets a much needed wicket, but rarely keeps steaming in to do damage.

The other thing that really frustrates me, is that most of his runs come in dead rubbers…Most aussies with their backs against the wall find a way to perform, have a look at Clarke and Smith's knocks when Phil Hughes passed away (may he RIP). Watson, never manages to put runs on the board when his team really needs him. Occasionally gets a much needed wicket, but rarely keeps steaming in to do damage.
Completely agree. He's too mentally soft to get runs in test matches when Australia needs it but when it's to save his own skin he's more than happy to score, it's pure selfishness. His bowling ability is significantly overrated as well; for a bloke that's supposed to be this great all-rounder he's only taklen 74 wickets in 87 innings.

I wouldn't say Watson has limited talent. He's a very talented cricketer. In the test arena I just don't think he has the mental ability to grind his way back into form or to work his way into an innings. That form has translated into the one day side
Pretty surprised to hear that NZ is the favourite today too. Not saying that we haven't played well the last couple of years, but Australia starts favourites every day of the week as far as I'm concerned . They've got the track record over the last century to justify it

I wouldn't say Watson has limited talent. He's a very talented cricketer. In the test arena I just don't think he has the mental ability to grind his way back into form or to work his way into an innings. That form has translated into the one day side
Pretty surprised to hear that NZ is the favourite today too. Not saying that we haven't played well the last couple of years, but Australia starts favourites every day of the week as far as I'm concerned . They've got the track record over the last century to justify it

I realise Watson isn't popular but as you say he's a fine choice for this type of game. A good bowler who can make 30-40 runs in quick time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back