Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Amazing. We finally get to watch Australia play in a tournament we are hosting, albeit in NZ. It is the worst run tournament going. How they couldn't organise to replay the vs Bangladesh game during their busy one game a day schedule is beyond me. Instead we get only 1 point. Humour me, if Australia had 3 washed out matches in these pool games and only ended with 3 points and missed the finals the ICC would be fine with that result?

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Amazing. We finally get to watch Australia play in a tournament we are hosting, albeit in NZ. It is the worst run tournament going. How they couldn't organise to replay the vs Bangladesh game during their busy one game a day schedule is beyond me. Instead we get only 1 point. Humour me, if Australia had 3 washed out matches in these pool games and only ended with 3 points and missed the finals the ICC would be fine with that result?

There is no room for common sense in cricket.

None whatsoever.

I realise Watson isn't popular but as you say he's a fine choice for this type of game. A good bowler who can make 30-40 runs in quick time.
Combined with the fact he generally doesn't go for much, it's not just wickets that slow a run rate.

And yea theres been x amount of innings for only about the same wickets, but for some reason they won't bowl him , just chuck him the ball when they're absolutely desperate or need to fill in 2 overs.

We have a few out but we're still 83 from less than 15 overs. Steady the ship and it could still be a big score.

Clarke needs to validate the dropping of Bailey though or it'll be trouble.

DR Tipple

Team Captain
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
this game will win us the world cup, this is the kick in the arse the aussies needed after a ho hum test series and a pointless tri series then an easy first up win against the poms.

We beat englands score!

Legitimate question having not watched NZ lately. Are they actually any good outside their own country? Vetorri is bowling like a god and he was complete rubbish in the T20s playing in Aus.

Back