Opinion 2014-15 Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With the exception of about 4 teams this world cup is a circus. Currently watching India vs uae which will be over in about an hour
The powers to be don't realize how the are killing ODI's with such a drawn out lopsided competition. The average person doesn't give a * about this World Cup because there's too many shyte games going on.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Greatest leveller is a dodgy deck, but am proud we almost pulled that off.
Mate it swung it didn't seam. Nothing wrong with the pitch at all. Just modern batsman not playing swing well. Heavy bats and batsmen used to swinging through the line.
Please don't trot out the "Typical NZ pitch" line. the NZ pitches have been excellent for probably the last 7-10 years since they started using drop ins. Theres been a lot of big scores in the one dayers & tests here and as Warne rightly said the ball is allowed to swing.
Some very jittery batting from both sides too. Australia because they thought if we don't get 300 we're in trouble. NZ's was because they thought a couple of
boundaries and we're home. It was like a carrot dangling in front of NZ all innings

Anyway you should be very proud of Starcs bowling. He was unbelievable. As was Boult for NZ. Left arm late swing at 140k plus is damn hard to play and 2 fantastic components of it
Great game..and not good for my heart

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sorry kiwi roo but this ground isn't a cricket ground.
yep don't disagree. its a rugby ground used for Cricket.
They are looking at building a specific cricket ground in Auckland, much along the same lines of Hagley park in Christchurch. So grass banks with small stands with the ability to put up temporary stands for big games. It will look great. Like the Adelaide oval used to look

Great atmosphere yesterday. It must be like playing in a coliseum with the crowds so close to the action

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The powers to be don't realize how the are killing ODI's with such a drawn out lopsided competition. The average person doesn't give a **** about this World Cup because there's too many shyte games going on.
a 2 billion person audience would say that some people give a toss
I've loved the minnows. The Afghans against Scotland was just a classic. the Irish beating the Windies. UAE against the Irish. Zimbabwae against South Africa. Really good games of cricket. Sure theres been some one sided games. But you get that

I think you're right about the length of the comp though, but its only every 4 years and I think the comp would be poorer if it was just the top 8 sides

yep don't disagree. its a rugby ground used for Cricket.
They are looking at building a specific cricket ground in Auckland, much along the same lines of Hagley park in Christchurch. So grass banks with small stands with the ability to put up temporary stands for big games. It will look great. Like the Adelaide oval used to look

Great atmosphere yesterday. It must be like playing in a coliseum with the crowds so close to the action
My comment was made when a top edge flew for six from Warner. I didn't watch the second innings out of fear of a flogging, ended up a good match, l love Kiwi pitches always have something a bit different in them for all sides compared to Australia's roads.

I've loved the minnows. The Afghans against Scotland was just a classic. the Irish beating the Windies. UAE against the Irish. Zimbabwae against South Africa. Really good games of cricket. Sure theres been some one sided games. But you get that

I think you're right about the length of the comp though, but its only every 4 years and I think the comp would be poorer if it was just the top 8 sides
Their batting has been awesome this tournament, espeically by Williams, they just need a couple strike bowlers for the middle overs.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My comment was made when a top edge flew for six from Warner. I didn't watch the second innings out of fear of a flogging, ended up a good match, l love Kiwi pitches always have something a bit different in them for all sides compared to Australia's roads.

Yeah look I wouldn't want to see cricket played all the time on small grounds, but I actually like it for change. The small boundaries sucked in a few batsmen yesterday..Watson, McCullum, Anderson, Finch all out to big shots they didn't need to play, but you could just see their eyes lighting up !

if you love the minnows, go and watch grade cricket. It'll be better quality cricket. The 2 billion person audience is the Indians and they'll watch their team plays Iron Maiden covers with ucalalies. Its ridiculous that it goes for this long then and then becomes a knock out comp. The lead up games have no meaning for all but maybe 3 teams.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
if you love the minnows, go and watch grade cricket. It'll be better quality cricket. The 2 billion person audience is the Indians and they'll watch their team plays Iron Maiden covers with ucalalies. Its ridiculous that it goes for this long then and then becomes a knock out comp. The lead up games have no meaning for all but maybe 3 teams.

No doubt they need to shorten it. They should be able to do that AND keep the smaller nations competing. It wasn't that long ago that Sri lanka was a minnow & now look at them.
Got to remember its a World Cup not a top 8 tournament

The Afghans have won the toss and elected to bowl (thank f***).

In selection news, there are two changes. Hazlewood in for the injured Cummins AND The Finisher in for Watsons.

Hallelujah!

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
They definitely need to shorten the tournament. I've got no idea why Australian needed a week break in between their games. Teams should be able to play every three days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This guy with the headband and warpaint... is he serious or?
I think the name on his back is quite appropriate considering he is going at close to 10 an over.

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
I think it's fantastic Afghanistan are playing at the WC for what it's worth.

But it's great to see Smithy getting amongst the runs......

upload_2015-3-4_19-32-35.jpeg

Why dont we see more of Ireland in the one day game at least?
ICC has screwed the pooch with associates and teams like zim. Bugger all games, sporadic funding at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back