Opinion 2014-15 Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

OH FFS guys the game ended on ball three of NZ's innings.

They on a very good deck fell about 80- 100 runs short.

A very disappointing final ( wrapped in the result) Bloody Kiwis should've bowled first, and used Aussies arrogance against 'em.
Who knows they may have rolled us cheaply.

But expecting or even thinking Australia would struggled to reel in 180 odd was plain silly.

We bat far to deep for that.

Expecting to turn the news on tomorrow morning to see player x has been locked up overnight. :D

world champion of 10 team comp..............bit like mlb world series
Theres qualification. Granted its not a lot more countries but it's representative of the teams in the world that play it as a primary sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people forget that cricket is the second most popular sport in the world and is a passion for billions of people world wide. The world champions tag is definitely deserved, unlike those titles in Baseball or Gridiron, and for our relatively small nation to be crowned world champions 5 times is a magnificent achievement.

Well done Aussies to good.. Who cares if there is only so many teams its the same with Rugby its our No 1 Summer sport and it Rocks... Wish AFL had that many countries playing against us at a high Level but we dont...

The Watson hate is starting to transcend what is actually deserved, people just hate on him because its the done thing to do.

It's why I'm a defender of his even though he's a bit of a dick.

Clarke is a massive w***er too but for the next week he will be Australia's darling.

Was a ******* disgrace. I was there and kiwis sitting next to me couldn't believe it. I'm no huge fan, but that not on.
Couldn't agree more.

Time & place.

This was neither.

So, we can cut this s**t loose now, yeah? :stern look

Bring on Rd 1. Footy I've missed you more than you can know.
Yep, the cricket can f*** right off, bring on the real stuff. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The Watson hate is starting to transcend what is actually deserved, people just hate on him because its the done thing to do.

It's why I'm a defender of his even though he's a bit of a dick.

Clarke is a massive ****** too but for the next week he will be Australia's darling.
Can't agree with this mate. The bloke is an absolute flog campaigner of the highest order who literally does nothing to back his chat up. At least with the likes of Johnson and Warner they talk s**t but they back it up with their performances at crucial times and they rarely completely crumble under pressure to the extent Watson does. I'll never forget the moment I realised i seriously hated him because it was just so ridiculously pathetic:

Watson just copped a couple of raspberry's from the crowd then.

Bit rough (and I'm a huge critic of the guy).
Yep, the hate on him was excessive today IMO. Clarke got a huge cheer (for obvious reasons) as he walked off/Watson walked on and as soon as the announcer mentioned Watto it turned to boos. Was pathetic and makes us look like a bunch of * supporter

There are a couple of dickheads in this team but you don't boo your own

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back