2014-15 EPL, Matchday 1

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll be dropping plenty of points this season until we get our act together.

Chelsea, arsenal, city and Liverpool clearly the best 4.

We'll be dropping plenty of points this season until we get our act together.

Chelsea, arsenal, city and Liverpool clearly the best 4.

Liverpool struggled to beat Soton, not sure they're clearly anything.

Lol at Long's miss though. That's what 12.5 got you Soton. :thumbsu:

10622190_10152343175892712_997046249_n.jpg

Tidy debut from Colback! Seems we are getting the sh*te out of him and turning him into a proper player! :cool:

Everyone's going to drop points they shouldn't.

Losing the first game of the season isn't a good start but its not the end of the world.

newcastle were definitely very organised and still have a couple of players to come back in. was definitely very happy that siem the city destroyer wasn't named.

overall was happy with our performance. shaky as expected, especially when the back 4 hasn't played together. clichy impressing at right back (he's a natural right footed david pleat) proposes an interesting conundrum for the liverpool game. fernando impressed, but probably needs a few more games to get used to the pace and physicality of the league, can't just go around throwing kicks like in portugal. but that will all come. silva was magical, dzeko led the line well. good base to build on, 2 goals and a clean sheet away from home.

Was at Anfield yesterday and took away the following. Liverpool will be a lot better once Moreno comes in for Johnson. He is an avg RB and a terrible LB! Sturridge needs to have Lambert or a new signing play with him, I know he scored heaps of goals last season but he needs that support. Lucas isn't finished at the top level by all means, but for a club with title/top 4 asperations he needs to be moved on for Can & even Joe Allen who looked better once on

Was at Anfield yesterday and took away the following. Liverpool will be a lot better once Moreno comes in for Johnson. He is an avg RB and a terrible LB! Sturridge needs to have Lambert or a new signing play with him, I know he scored heaps of goals last season but he needs that support. Lucas isn't finished at the top level by all means, but for a club with title/top 4 asperations he needs to be moved on for Can & even Joe Allen who looked better once on
Lucas is much much better when played in his natural position. Performance not his fault IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Johnson isnt going to go far, really average last night. Soton played well last night, so I dont think it was a major blight on Liverpool.

i like that glen johnson seems to have two abilities

the run a long way down the touchline to stop and then do nothing
the run a long way and then shoot from stupid positions and giving the ball back to the opposition.

the fact that the brodge seems to rate him in the slightest would be worrying.

The first thing I thought most kids are taught is if you lean back when you shoot you'll probably sky it. Think Johnson missed that class! Feel for him playing on the left having to cut inside it was so predictable and slowed Liverpool down, it was more his lazy defending that I thought stood out.

Also what a player James Ward-Prowse is going to be!

i like that glen johnson seems to have two abilities

the run a long way down the touchline to stop and then do nothing
the run a long way and then shoot from stupid positions and giving the ball back to the opposition.

the fact that the brodge seems to rate him in the slightest would be worrying.
Not sure how much he rates him. Johnson played because Enrique was injured last season. So moved across to LB and played Flanno at RB or vice versa. He has then gone out this summer and bought two new FB's in Manquillo and Moreno. Manquillo already starting at RB and with Moreno coming in, surely only a matter of time before he starts at LB. Johnson will surely eventually find his way to the bench.

Where was he playing yesterday? Too far advanced? From the game it was hard to tell but he just didn't offer anything I thought
Yeah too far advanced. He was always in front of Gerrard. He is best when the deepest mid possible. He is a DM by trade. Further forward he is expected to run and close down and put pressure on the ball and then move it on quickly when he has it. That's not his game and im not sure why BR played him next to Gerrard. Also the two of them are quite slow so playing them together doesnt work. Gerrard works next to Henderson because of Hendo's energy, pace and continual running. He is a beast.

Im sure Lucas would be fine playing Gerrard's position too with Gerrard on the bench but Gerrard obviously offers far more going forward with his passing, ball movement, set piece delivery and leadership.

Allen was far better once he came on. Id be astounded if Lucas starts against City.

Not sure how much he rates him. Johnson played because Enrique was injured last season. So moved across to LB and played Flanno at RB or vice versa. He has then gone out this summer and bought two new FB's in Manquillo and Moreno. Manquillo already starting at RB and with Moreno coming in, surely only a matter of time before he starts at LB. Johnson will surely eventually find his way to the bench.

Rodgers: "We've got two full-backs, in Jose Enrique & Glen Johnson, who are arguably the best in the league."

is that quote legit?

Is the Scouse Cafu injured? He was better at LB last season than Johnson! Rodgers should be doing all that he can to convince 'Arry that Johnson would be a good signing at QPR

Is the Scouse Cafu injured? He was better at LB last season than Johnson! Rodgers should be doing all that he can to convince 'Arry that Johnson would be a good signing at QPR
Read that this almost happened except for GJ's wage demands. :mad:
I'd pay him not to play for us.

And yeah, Lucas was too advanced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back