2014-15 EPL, Matchday 11

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no doubt that Torres was given every chance to prove his worth, but in saying that Sturridge didnt really do anything in the opportunities that he got to steal the spot off him.

He wasn't suited to the style that we play, he's a much better player in a system like you guys played last season.

Dare say no matter what he did he isn't stealing his spot off him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real test comes for Sturridge when he comes back, because there's no Bitey McBite to play alongside so we will have to put in a lot more hard work to keep up his strike rate

The real test comes for Sturridge when he comes back, because there's no Bitey McBite to play alongside so we will have to put in a lot more hard work to keep up his strike rate
Something you're not telling us, ossie?

What about the season before

10 in 31 in 2012/13, Sturridge hit 10 in 14 (in half a season) after moving to Liverpool.

Aguero is the obvious #1 striker in the league but I'd find it difficult to separate these guys at #2 and 3. Both have their strengths; Costa is good at holding the ball up and his combination of strength, aggression, skill and poaching ability makes him lethal inside the area whereas Sturridge is probably more dynamic and has greater natural footballing ability, he's a better dribbler, passer and is more dangerous from long range. Both are lethal finishers though and have pretty similar scoring rates (Sturridge 0.71 vs Costa 0.61) since 2013 when Sturridge moved to Liverpool and Costa replaced Falcao as Atletico's #1 striker.

Two excellent and very effective strikers, I'd have Sturridge as a slightly better player but it certainly isn't an obvious choice either way.

10 in 31 in 2012/13, Sturridge hit 10 in 14 (in half a season) after moving to Liverpool.

Aguero is the obvious #1 striker in the league but I'd find it difficult to separate these guys at #2 and 3. Both have their strengths; Costa is good at holding the ball up and his combination of strength, aggression, skill and poaching ability makes him lethal inside the area whereas Sturridge is probably more dynamic and has greater natural footballing ability, he's a better dribbler, passer and is more dangerous from long range. Both are lethal finishers though and have pretty similar scoring rates (Sturridge 0.71 vs Costa 0.61) since 2013 when Sturridge moved to Liverpool and Costa replaced Falcao as Atletico's #1 striker.

Two excellent and very effective strikers, I'd have Sturridge as a slightly better player but it certainly isn't an obvious choice either way.
Nah, Costa is better than Sturridge and it's a fairly obvious choice. Studge is more versatile but Costa the better striker. They are both well suited to the systems they play in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back