2014-15 EPL Matchday 12

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason why we've gone from almost championship winners to relegation bound

article-0-1EFFC55800000578-169_634x522.jpg

Bring back the wife:

upload_2014-11-24_12-12-16.jpeg

You're a hard marker mate! Haha.

I understand he's a little bit all over the shop but Pardew's best is pretty good. It just goes to show what can happen when a chairman backs his manager through a lean spell rather than just sacking them at the first sign of trouble.

Hypothetically, if you were to sack Pardew, who could you get in that would be doing a better job than he can? I'm not sure there'd be a whole lot of managers that you realistically could get that would do any better.

As for Leicester, we just need to find our touch in front of goal again and we should be alright. We were the better of the two teams on the weekend, the 3 points would have been nice.

Haha perhaps mate but calling it a lean spell is still pretty generous! Certainly managers have been sacked for better records than Pards.

In 2014 we've had:
  • 13 wins (including the current 6 in a row)
  • 5 draws
  • 17 losses
  • Scored 33
  • Conceded 53
Which is pretty woeful all things considered.

Most Toon fans don't expect to win every game but they expect to see sides that work hard and play for the shirt and not go down meekly while copping drubbings (which we copped a lot of along the way).

Up until recently when Pardew (perhaps due to our huge injury crisis) was forced into changing the formation (that wasn't working anyway for the last 10 months) back to a 4-3-3 and results started coming good, Pardew had previously shown any real idea how to get the team out of the slump (I suppose we should be grateful it finally happened haha).

Pardew is a capable enough manager at times (he did lead us to a 5th place finish and subsequently won the manager of the year award) but he also makes some bewildering selections/formations/lineups. Most could probably live with that but the man does do some strange/embarrassing things which bring the club into disrepute and struggles to endear him to fans.

I'll give him credit, his teams of late have been much better (who would have thought playing players in their actual positions might pay off!). If he can keep it going, he'll win the fans over in time. If he can somehow end the trophy drought, he'll be the toast of the toon for years to come. :D

Newcastle's poor form from the turn of the year was a lot to do with Cabaye getting sold, Newcastle were good until Jan last season

I don't rate Pardew thaaat highly but he certain can do whatever it is that he can do

Rodgers on the other hand....

True that...was like the heart and soul of the side and losing him and not replacing him was a typical Ashley move.

Interestingly, Cabaye isn't having much fun back in France and mentioned he will 'definitely' be back in the EPL come January. Perhaps he'll come home after realising the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. Still holds the club pretty close to his heart I believe. Would be awesome! :)

Hindsight is 20-20. If I'm not mistaken, before their recent outstanding run, they hadn't won a game during 2014, not the season, the calendar year. Imo, Pardew escaped the sack as Ashley didn't want to pay him out of his ludicrous contract.

Pretty much my thoughts too mate. Cashley may have done it partly to spite the fans but I think a lot of it would have come from not wanting to pay out the better part of 5 years and 11 months.

It's funny some in the media are toasting his decision to back Pardew when chances are, if not for the massive contract, he probably would have sacked him (he did make the 'joke' he'd sack Pardew if we lost Stoke).

how lucky have tottenham been?
1-0 down to villa - villa get a player sent off - tottenham wins 2-1
1-0 down to Hull - hull gets a player sent off - tottenham wins 2-1

and they're still about 20th on the table.

they have been terrible this season and without the aforementioned luck would probably be battling away in the relegation zone.

Pity we never get any luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love for someone to explain how Spurs are only 2 points off 4th. We have been woeful this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back