2014-15 EPL Matchday 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Swings and roundabouts. It happens.

Still waiting for our roundabouts. Been waiting all season. We've been immensely unlucky in a number of games now. Luck will turn, I agree, but it's hard to watch.

No doubt. I certainly hear you but there's not much point dwelling on it :thumbsu:

Yeah I've been trying to get over it today but our Indoor opponents just forfeited and I was really looking forward to that to get my mind off it haha so now I'm back to being grouchy.

When you have the ref in your pocket it tends to help.
I've watched all but one of our league games this season.

Yes we were lucky to win last night, but the match turned in our favour with the red card. Ramirez doesn't lash out and I'm sure you'd have won.

So last night we were a bit lucky, overall this season we've had both the swings and roundabouts you spoke of before.

I've watched all but one of our league games this season.

Yes we were lucky to win last night, but the match turned in our favour with the red card. Ramirez doesn't lash out and I'm sure you'd have won.

So last night we were a bit lucky, overall this season we've had both the swings and roundabouts you spoke of before.

Yeah fair enough. Don't wanna descend into a rant about the refereeing last night and like I said last night, 100% agree it was a red and was foolish from Gaston, but minutes earlier he gets cleaned up right in front of the ref and got nothing, and was fouled before lashing out at Vertonghen, so clearly the frustration was building among the players. Robertson and Brady were besides themselves at the end when we didn't get a FK. It happened all game and it's hard to take. We had a similar result against you guys at WHL last season so I guess it's just frustrating when it keeps happening.

Yeah fair enough. Don't wanna descend into a rant about the refereeing last night and like I said last night, 100% agree it was a red and was foolish from Gaston, but minutes earlier he gets cleaned up right in front of the ref and got nothing, and was fouled before lashing out at Vertonghen, so clearly the frustration was building among the players. Robertson and Brady were besides themselves at the end when we didn't get a FK. It happened all game and it's hard to take. We had a similar result against you guys at WHL last season so I guess it's just frustrating when it keeps happening.
To be fair that happened 3 weeks ago in our match against Villa. Both sides had a bit of niggle at each other and then there were a couple of those incidents we did and weren't penalised for it.

The commentators mentioned at the time that the ref should have nipped it in the bud. He didn't we got the run of the green in a couple of decisions and some of the villa players became quite irate (particularly Weimann who eventually got a yellow for dissent).

The end result being a similar reaction to Ramirez from Benteke and he got the same treatment. I'm sure we'll end up on the other end of it at some point, I know it's frustrating and a win would have meant a lot for your club given your current position on the table.

To be fair that happened 3 weeks ago in our match against Villa. Both sides had a bit of niggle at each other and then there were a couple of those incidents we did and weren't penalised for it.

The commentators mentioned at the time that the ref should have nipped it in the bud. He didn't we got the run of the green in a couple of decisions and some of the villa players became quite irate (particularly Weimann who eventually got a yellow for dissent).

The end result being a similar reaction to Ramirez from Benteke and he got the same treatment. I'm sure we'll end up on the other end of it at some point, I know it's frustrating and a win would have meant a lot for your club given your current position on the table.

Didn't realise it happened almost identically against Villa, certainly very lucky for you guys.

Just harsh when you look at Wilshere headbutting Fellaini in front of the ref Saturday night which gets waved away and then Gaston sent off for that. As Bruce said post-match in those circumstances some common sense really needs to be applied.

We've copped a few really horrible refereeing jobs this season so far and the only one I can think of that's gone our way was Diame's goal against Arsenal which was arguably a foul in the build up. But as Jatz said it'll turn at some point. I still don't see us going down but we do need to start getting points on the board. A win last night would have been huge and deserved on the way we played first half.

Anyone reposted this classic yet?

Bj_-OWRIUAAd6Bu.jpg:medium

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ehh I thought the refereeing was fairly in your favour last night. Gaston's was clearly a red, even if Vertonghen made the most of it and there were a number of times when we were fouled quite viciously and not much came of it. I remember one particularly nasty Livermore tackle on Ryan Mason that went unpunished.

Anyone disputing the Gaston red is deluded. If a player lashes out off the ball I'm all for victim to make sure it is noticed. Jan had every right ti go down, just as Fellaini was in his right to ask the ref for Wilshere to be carded for dropping his head into him. These guys who get the reds for being stupid get portrayed as the victim of a bad decision and it defies all logic. If the so called "victim", in this case Gaston doesn't kick out the game continues on and the "victim" stays on the pitch. Instead they act a bit selfish and lash out. Wilshere should have seen red on Saturday night just like Gaston did Sunday. If you don't be a selfish idiot you don't give the "bad guy" opponent a chance to go to ground, or the ref a chance to send you off.

That being said how Livermore stays after being on a yellow for a desperate late lunge that was never winning the ball right in front of the Steve Bruce doesn't get a mention in his press conference?

As does playing against a side stupid enough to give Gaston Ramires another go in England.

Win some, lose some.

I watched the game this morning as well and I thought the refereeing wasn't real flash. Gaston's was a send off and Livermore was a lucky chappy but the thing is, regardless of how much s**t you cop and how hard done by you feel, you have to show some discipline and get on with winning the game for your side, not getting sucked in like Gaston did and getting sent off.

I was really pissed off at the referee for not giving yellow cards to a number of Tottenham players who man-handled him in demanding Livermore, I think it was, get a card. I can't handle that s**t and the quicker referees come down on that type of rubbish, that is, jokers demanding a yellow/red for an opponent's infraction, the better the game.

That Eriksen lad, for all his fantastic technical ability, is a real liability for Tottenham in the posi he is playing. He has neither the physical strength nor the defensive skills to be anything but a benefit to the opposition when he steps foot into their front third, (Tottenham's back third). He shouldn't be anywhere near those areas.

Ehh I thought the refereeing was fairly in your favour last night. Gaston's was clearly a red, even if Vertonghen made the most of it and there were a number of times when we were fouled quite viciously and not much came of it. I remember one particularly nasty Livermore tackle on Ryan Mason that went unpunished.

As I pointed out earlier, Ramirez was taken out in front of the ref and nothing happened. The red card was the result of him being fouled and again nothing happening.

The vast majority of 50-50s in the first half went your way. Whether that was giving you the foul when it was debatable, or waving away our appeals for a FK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back