2014-15 EPL, Matchday 31

Remove this Banner Ad

2 main differences actually. (well, at least 1, not sure if the 2nd is still applicable)
1) You have to play-in via the playoff round. Those extra 2 games at the beginning of the season puts you straight into the firing line with extra game congestion early.
2) Not secure (are this year), if you finish 4th and an English team wins the EPL you could miss out if they didn't finish top 4. Chelsea ****ed over Tottenham this way a few years back, BUT, I think that rule is changing for this season.
i'd be shocked if an English team didn't win the EPL. when was the last time that happened

I actually found playing European play off games before the season started was a great way to get us up to speed quickly.
The earlier rounds are good for that. But from the playoff stage onwards it reaches the point it's in the season and that one round I feel is detrimental.

just having a laugh mate...c'mon, was low hanging fruit!:D
I know, what annoyed me is I realised the mistake before I saw your post and edited it, but I was too slow :(

The earlier rounds are good for that. But from the playoff stage onwards it reaches the point it's in the season and that one round I feel is detrimental.

Yeah fair enough. We rested players against Villa and were beaten.. and then knocked out 2-2 in the Play Offs so it's a fair point. But definitely the Third Round was great as it prepared us well for QPR on opening day.

Saw our game was 1am Monday morning kickoff and groaned.

Then I realised that's Easter Monday and that means no work! Something to look forward to at least...until the pesky Mackems bring me down again. :D

Let's do this!!

That is the worst OP I've ever seen. You're making my eyes bleed!
That's mean, especially from a mod. Shouldn't you be leading by example?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Forster getting a mention, if Krul is ever sold, I'd love to bring him back!

Lloris should have been in that top 5 ahead of Mignolet IMO.

Other than that, probably agree on that top 5, though not sure on the order I'd put them in.

Crazy. Mignelol ahead of Lloris?. Where's Cech?
I'm pretty sure it's based on the season just gone, in which case Cech obviously isn't anywhere near the top 5.

I don't think Lloris has had a particularly good season either but he should still be in there ahead of Mignolet.

No Skrtel, Gerrard and Sturridge for the game against Arsenal.

We need to win. A draw really does us no good.

Very doubtful. We struggle to win there when we have everyone available nevermind when he have key outs. Hopefully Ibe and Lucas play though. Lucas will be key with Skrtel being out. He will give a better shield in front of the back three.

I sense Lovren to come in which will spell disaster.

Big game though.

i'd be shocked if an English team didn't win the EPL. when was the last time that happened

Never.

Cardiff finished 2nd in 1923-24 equal on points to Huddersfield but lost on scoring-to-conceding ratio of 1.794 compared with Huddersfield's 1.818 (if it had have been goal difference they would have finished 1st.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back