2014-15 Lower League & amalgamated non-league thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm too depressed to comment.

Chin up mate, you're still 3 points clear of the relegation places. :)

5 games to go and there are some tough games there for your boys - an away trip to top of the table Burton, a home game against playoff chasing Plymouth and another away game at playoff spot holder Stevenage...

That being said, you've got Dag and Red up next who are too far from the playoff spots and well clear of the relegation places - so could be a bit lacking in motivation given they haven't got a lot to play for.

You've also got the final day home game at fellow relegation battler Hartlepool which could be vital if it comes down to the final day of the season...

Chin up mate, you're still 3 points clear of the relegation places. :)

5 games to go and there are some tough games there for your boys - an away trip to top of the table Burton, a home game against playoff chasing Plymouth and another away game at playoff spot holder Stevenage...

That being said, you've got Dag and Red up next who are too far from the playoff spots and well clear of the relegation places - so could be a bit lacking in motivation given they haven't got a lot to play for.

You've also got the final day home game at fellow relegation battler Hartlepool which could be vital if it comes down to the final day of the season...

I suppose I can take heart knowing that Tranmere and Cheltenham also a fairly difficult run home, but relegation battles are not fun. And I really don't want to go through another final game like 1999 and the Jimmy Glass goal.

I suppose I can take heart knowing that Tranmere and Cheltenham also a fairly difficult run home, but relegation battles are not fun. And I really don't want to go through another final game like 1999 and the Jimmy Glass goal.

No doubt mate, will be a tense and nerve wracking end to the season for fans of all those teams.

0-0 Draw :(
But apparently other results going our way. Havent checked them

As long as Ashton United lose I'm happy.

If they lose, we break 1 point away from our closest competition while everyone else catches up to them.

All results in, 2nd and 3rd both lost.
We can win the league on Tuesday.
Would require a win, Trafford (23rd) taking points off Workington (2nd) and Ramsbottom (18th) taking points off Ashton United (4th)

Only 5 teams can still win the league.

FC United of Manchester - 86 points, 4 games left, at Skelmersdale (9th), vs Stamford (21st), vs Stourbridge (13th) at Workington (2nd)
Workington - 81, 3 games left, vs Trafford (23rd), at Ilkeston (3rd) vs FC United of Manchester (1st)
Ilkeston - 80, 2 games left, vs Workington (2nd), at Nantwich Town (16th)
Ashton United - 78, 4 games left, at Ramsbottom United (18th), at Whitby Town (14th) vs Witton Albion (19th), vs Rushall Olympic (10th)
Curzon Ashton - 75, 4 games left, vs Marine (22nd), vs Ramsbottom United (18th) vs Halesowen Town (11th), at Frickley Athletic (20th)

Whoo!

Forest Green move up to 4th with an impressive win over Macclesfield. Macclesfield drop to 5th and are on the same number of games played. Eastleigh can still leapfrog us having a game in hand but even if they do, we'll still be in the playoff spots. 2 games to go and destiny is in our hands!

Also, worth sharing - absolute stunner of a goal from Jon 'the beast' Parkin.

Carlisle beat Dageham 1-0 to move 6pts clear of the relegation zone with 4 games to go. Starting to feel a little more comfortable, but with 3 top teams to play before Hartlepool in the last round we are still not totally safe.

Last edited:
Carlisle beat Dageham 1-0 to move 6 games clear of the relegation zone with 4 games to go. Starting to feel a little more comfortable, but with 3 top teams to play before Hartlepool in the last round we are still not totally safe.
I assum you mean 6 points clear not 6 games clear?

Carlisle beat Dageham 1-0 to move 6 games clear of the relegation zone with 4 games to go. Starting to feel a little more comfortable, but with 3 top teams to play before Hartlepool in the last round we are still not totally safe.
I heard that not too long ago Keith Curle threatened to let the supporters into the dressing room to let the players know what they think of their efforts.

Seems to have worked alright.

That's what I meant. It has been updated.
ok, cool.
Didn't make sense for a second.
6 points? 4 games? I like those odds.
I notice teams in and around the relegation zone only average about 1 point a game.
If you lose the next 1 or 2 and those below do get a win, it could get tense. But for the time being, I feel the odds are in your favour :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reading through the last few pages it feels like the mother of all chokes is on from FCUM
Was worried it might happen 2 months ago when I saw the fixture congestion with a midweek game all but 2 weeks in the last 2 months.

Still thinking we win it.
Have 21st at home on Saturday, win that, we're at least 2 points clear with a game in hand.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...United-rose-to-the-brink-of-the-big-time.html
It's close.

Really thinking of driving up to Workington to (hopefully) see us win the league.
Might stop by Broadhurst and have a look.

Go the Reds!!! :D

Instead of going to see the Reds demolish FCUM, why not go a few miles up the road and watch the Blues beat (hopefully) Plymouth in replay of one of the most famous games in lower league football. After our 1-1 draw Wednesday night away to leaders Burton, a 94th minute goal by our goalkeeper this weekend will again keep us in league football for another season.:D

Speaking of late, late goals Burton equalised with the last kick of the game, in the 9th minute of injury time. 9th f***in' minute. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Checking in from Hong Kong.
3-1 win!
Ashton lose
Top 2 secured.
Win on Tuesday. We win the league.
Draw on Tuesday. It'll take Workington beating us by 9 goals for them to win the league.
Lose on Tuesday. Win or draw vs Workington. We win the league. Lose and they win it.

Wowee, Forest Green picked up a 4-2 away win on Tyneside (at Gateshead) over the weekend which means if we win our last game (at home to 8th placed Dover) or equal the result of Macclesfield Town (who are away to 12th placed Torquay United), then we will qualify for our first ever playoff campaign!

Geez, if this is the tension that title chasers and top 4 club fans have to deal with, then perhaps its a good thing the Toon are rubbish under Ashley! So nervous but excited lol! :D

Checking in from Hong Kong.
3-1 win!
Ashton lose
Top 2 secured.
Win on Tuesday. We win the league.
Draw on Tuesday. It'll take Workington beating us by 9 goals for them to win the league.
Lose on Tuesday. Win or draw vs Workington. We win the league. Lose and they win it.
Edit: would take a 10 goal win. 9 ties gd. But gf would still be in our favour.

Wowee, Forest Green picked up a 4-2 away win on Tyneside (at Gateshead) over the weekend which means if we win our last game (at home to 8th placed Dover) or equal the result of Macclesfield Town (who are away to 12th placed Torquay United), then we will qualify for our first ever playoff campaign!

Geez, if this is the tension that title chasers and top 4 club fans have to deal with, then perhaps its a good thing the Toon are rubbish under Ashley! So nervous but excited lol! :D
Playoffs are tougher on the nerves than the league. Well. after 3 playoff final losses then a semi final loss conceding in injury time after 90 and 120 I feel that. Just want to win the league to avoid that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back