2014-15 Lower League & amalgamated non-league thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Won 3-2 in our midweek game and in the playoff spots again.

Here's hoping when we move to our new stadium (probably in 4-6 weeks time) the emotion catapults us to another level and finally crack tier 6.

portsmouth fc fan.. really disappointed with our start. many want awford out but i think the squad is shite - although awford brought a lot of the players in himself.

0-0 draw away to Dover. My mate and I when we first started playing football manager back in the early 2000s first chose to manage FGR and Dover. Our 2 non league sides haha

We have just sacked our manager after 5 years, probably about time after a recent run of poor results! Also we will be announcing our new manager tomorrow, good to see weve moved fast!

Need to get back to winning ways this weekend, we've already had 10 draws this season - the equal most in the English top 5 leagues (with Charlton and Shef. Wednesday) also laying claim to the honour.

0-0 draw away to Dover. My mate and I when we first started playing football manager back in the early 2000s first chose to manage FGR and Dover. Our 2 non league sides haha
Halifax at FGR this week. We have had our run of poor form and hopefully 3 points, although would take the draw

Halifax at FGR this week. We have had our run of poor form and hopefully 3 points, although would take the draw

Back to winning ways for us and halts our run of draws. Here's hoping we can get a run of wins going. ;)

royals1922 congrats on the win mate, Halifax inflicting our first loss in 11 games.

Apparently we stuffed up a penalty, had a player sent off late and after the final whistle, both sets of players clashed.

Sounds like an ugly night all round. Hope we can bounce back and push for the playoff spots again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

royals1922 congrats on the win mate, Halifax inflicting our first loss in 11 games.

Apparently we stuffed up a penalty, had a player sent off late and after the final whistle, both sets of players clashed.

Sounds like an ugly night all round. Hope we can bounce back and push for the playoff spots again!
Go and read and the Halifax Unofficial Forum. Much more to come of the punch up after the game. Apparently the physio of FGR starting throwing punches, water bottles were thrown at the stand, Neil Aspin, Halifax manager was knocked down. All from one side of course. Apparently it was captured on film. It should make youtube and will post it here if so.

All this over a Tuesday night game. Do you post on the FGR forum?

Anyway you blokes need only win a couple more and you will make it back. It would be good for some of the semiprofessional teams to make the playoffs.

Go and read and the Halifax Unofficial Forum. Much more to come of the punch up after the game. Apparently the physio of FGR starting throwing punches, water bottles were thrown at the stand, Neil Aspin, Halifax manager was knocked down. All from one side of course. Apparently it was captured on film. It should make youtube and will post it here if so.

Anyway you blokes need only win a couple more and you will make it back. It would be good for some of the semiprofessional teams to make the playoffs.
The footage

Wow, very ugly scenes indeed!

Reading both forums, seems like Oshodi may have punted the ball into the crowd and that sparked the whole thing off. Was probably some bad blood there from the match and that incident just blew everything up. Not sure why he did it, frustration? There are some rumours that he was possibly racially abused by someone from the crowd (hope that's not the case).

Seems like FGR were definitely the worse of the two - wonder what reprimands (fines possibly) might be dished out (or if there is any further investigation into it?).

I am assuming Oshodi is the black player ( don't know any other way to say it) who goes back into the melee twice and was later sent off. So you would assume he is in trouble.

Not a bad game in the FA Trophy. Nice little late comeback

43' - Barwell 1-0
51' - Barwell 2-0
77' - Barwell 2-1
90+3' - Tied 2-2
90+5' - FCUM 3-2

fwiw. We were down to 10 from the 41st minute.

I am assuming Oshodi is the black player ( don't know any other way to say it) who goes back into the melee twice and was later sent off. So you would assume he is in trouble.

Yep that was him I believe. Reading reports this morning, seems he and Bennett (another FGR player were given post match red cards) so we picked up 3 reds from the fixture sadly which will be a bit of a challenge for our depth.

Our manager has come out and said we won't appeal and we 'need to learn to lose graciously' so seems like the club will accept this (or any other) punishments dished out for the ugly scenes.

This season Carlisle United have been celebrating 40 years since their one and only season in the top flight, we are even wearing replica jerseys of our home away jerseys from that season. While the season in general hasn't been worth celebrating there is a possibility that this team will emulate the achievements of our 1974-75 team and finish the season relegated.:(

But this Sunday we celebrate our one and only victory against Arse'n'all. Yes, it will be 40 years to the day that Carlisle defeated Arse'n'all 2-1 at Brunton Park. Celebrations should be massive. :)

We've never beaten Liverpool, we've never beaten West Ham United and we've never beaten Manchester United, but we've beaten Arse'n'all. Woohoo!!!:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back