2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've outgrown AAMI park. Needs to be expanded to 45K but to do so would mean one entire season at Etihad whilst redevelopment takes place thanks to the roof design which requires complete disassembly.

I doubt we'll see a major upgrade of AAMI park any time soon. We'd need to frequently play to sell out crowds there before it would make any sense.

Should I per book tickets for this Monday or will they be selling them at the gate?

selling at the gate but imo get there early, get tickets then can go to the many pubs on swan st until kickoff

don't understand why people leave it to the last minute to get tickets and then complain after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy with our venue arrangement as they are for now. But as we grow they will need revue.

AAMI is ideal for crowds up to its capacity, and for bigger games, like the derby at the weekend, Etihad with the seats wound in is very good too.

The derby last weekend is one of our best team performances in our existence and as good a spectacle as the 'A' League has seen. I feel sorry for any of our supporters who missed it, because you missed something very special.

Not a fan of either Victory or City, just went along as a casual observer on Saturday. Was one of the best sporting atmospheres I have seen for a while, rivaled the European football I have seen, you guys have something great going, keep it up for the betterment of Aussie Football.

thanks mate.

i see you are a knicks fan. please make your way to the basketball board too!

The problem with AAMI is walk ups struggle to get tickets because of the lower capacity. Often only CAT A tickets are left for MVFC home games and casual fans simply are not prepared to pay for these tickets. With 45k capacity at AAMI we could increase membership to 35k and attract more casual fans. The hard part will be convincing the other 3 tenants that upgrading the stadium is a good thing because AAMI will be unavailable for at least one whole season for all of them and they generally don't require a larger stadium. The business case to expand AAMI for us is there and we could commit 100% to AAMI thereafter.

I'm not paying $10 extra to print my ticket at home. Booking fees are ridiculous
Crazy booking fee aside, the tickets are $6 cheaper at the ground. So, getting close to $15 more expensive. May as well buy reserved seat at the ground if you're going to be spending that sort of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back