2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1527088_815460965179184_6954338030720232572_n.jpg

ps: what a shithole that pitch is

Need to be doing better against the likes of Newcastle. It was good to get the comeback but we shouldn't have been behind to begin with.

agree with this. with the amount of talent in the squad we should've dispatched this trash

polo9

All Australian
Dec 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
typical newcastle away performance

Adelaide will probably win next week, making our game against Sydney that much more important. gonna be tough though

Does anyone else have zero confidence at all in Coe from set pieces, he seems to have the ability to make every one look dangerous due to his ability to go for the completely wrong options in handling them

Jay C

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Storm & Stars
Does anyone else have zero confidence at all in Coe from set pieces, he seems to have the ability to make every one look dangerous due to his ability to go for the completely wrong options in handling them
Tired of people just blaming Coe for defensive problems TBH. Milligan's lack of marking cost us the goal against Newcastle nothing to do with Coe.

Might head out tonight to watch the Greens. Hope they are at least competitive.
I'd go and support my mate, but I've got two exams tomorrow.

How does he feel about tonight's game? Pretty excited I'd suspect?
Yeah man, he's pumped.

He turned down souvlakis with the boys to go home and have his pre game meal - pasta.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3-0. But full credit to Bentleigh Greens for making it so far in the FFA tournament.
Just shows how much of a success the FFA Cup has been. 3,300 people at Kingston Heath tonight, fantastic for the players, fantastic for the club, fantastic for grass roots soccer.

Got an email today with this:

As a result of this strong demand, the vendors received and have accepted an offer for the purchase of the entire allocation of shares by a small number of long-term substantial shareholders of the Club. Therefore, we regret to advise that your application for shares has been unsuccessful on this occasion.

So, there won't be 'ordinary fans/members having a say' after all. Still got my CPO shares though, which is a bit ironic - I get a say at Chelsea in the UK, but not here in Melbourne.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
No matter if your shares bid got accepted you wouldn't have had a say, in the same way if you had Rio Tinto shares.

Has anyone had experience upgrading their membership to a reserved seat? I have a reserved seat at AAMI but am wanting to upgrade at Etihad for the Roar match. Also can you buy guest passes? I thought I'd save myself some internet detective work if someone has done it before. MVTID :)

No matter if your shares bid got accepted you wouldn't have had a say, in the same way if you had Rio Tinto shares.

Has anyone had experience upgrading their membership to a reserved seat? I have a reserved seat at AAMI but am wanting to upgrade at Etihad for the Roar match. Also can you buy guest passes? I thought I'd save myself some internet detective work if someone has done it before. MVTID :)

That is true. The weird thing is though, I actually got a say in getting Chelsea to stay at Stamford Bridge. The club wanted to buy back the freehold and naming rights back from the CPO so they could move elsewhere in London, and we all voted no, so it couldn't and didn't happen.

A 35% block still basically gets no say here, but it could have been a big point of difference from City - a club with fan involvement (more perceived and not real) vs a foreign group coming in and taking over, leaving fans out in the cold (again, perceived).

Sep 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Blackburn Rovers
I don't have any real complaints about our current owners, I think they're running the club pretty damn well at the moment. Fan involvement is pretty decent as well, the club's got plenty of fan events on.

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Melbourne Victory squad for Sydney FC match:

1.Nathan COE (GK), 6.Leigh BROXHAM (c), 7.Gui FINKLER, 8.Besart BERISHA, 10.Archie THOMPSON, 13.Andrew NABBOUT, 14.Fahid BEN KHALFALLAH, 16.Rashid MAHAZI, 17. Matthieu DELPIERRE, 18.Dylan MURNANE, 20.Lawrence THOMAS (GK), 21.Carl VALERI, 22.Jesse MAKAROUNAS, 23. Adrian LEIJER, 26. Jordan BROWN, 31. Kieran DOVER, 32. Milos RIDESIC

**one to be omitted**

Ins: 13. Andrew NABBOUT (promoted), 17. Matthieu DELPIERRE (returns from injury), 22. Jesse MAKAROUNAS, 26. Jordan BROWN, 31. Kieran DOVER, 32. Milos RIDESIC (all promoted)

Outs: 5. Mark MILLIGAN (international duty), 9. Kosta BARBAROUSES (international duty), 11. Connor PAIN (international duty), 15. Daniel GEORGIEVSKI (international duty), 24. Scott GALLOWAY (international duty)

Unavailable: 2.Jason GERIA (international duty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back