2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrilled with the win. And with Bes netting two, Archie just playing 85 mins and FBK with 3 assists, couldn't ask for much more.

Away supporters are legends. The banner they held up before the game read "FIGHT LIKE MCBULUT".

Benny is just a star, and it should be a huge priority for the club to find a way of hanging on to him. The Johnny Warren trophy is a real possibility for him.

Very pleasing win. If only we've played like that in some of our earlier games.

What a shocking season Wanderers have had. The 2nd year blues have rarely been as bad.

Benny is just a star, and it should be a huge priority for the club to find a way of hanging on to him. The Johnny Warren trophy is a real possibility for him.

Very pleasing win. If only we've played like that in some of our earlier games.

What a shocking season Wanderers have had. The 2nd year blues have rarely been as bad.

Isn't this the Wanderers 3rd year?

FBK is a legend. Love his composure and he never gets hot under the collar

I thought it was their 4th year :oops:

You're right. Just checked.

They're a great example of how you must take your chances when presented with them. After making the GF in their first year, they probably thought it would happen again and again... now look at them.

You're right. Just checked.

They're a great example of how you must take your chances when presented with them. After making the GF in their first year, they probably thought it would happen again and again... now look at them.
I was right? Wow i was just taking a stab in the dark!

Isn't this the Wanderers 3rd year?

i think he does get fired up a lot. but its ok cause he's a gun :)

i feel the wanderers title made the ffa happy as they wanted it to happen so much.

i think he does get fired up a lot. but its ok cause he's a gun :)

i feel the wanderers title made the ffa happy as they wanted it to happen so much.

Huh? They got a Premiers Plate which is like finishing on top of the AFL ladder at the end of H&A, means nothing. They have no Championship, which is the big tomali.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? They got a Premiers Plate which is like finishing on top of the AFL ladder at the end of H&A, means nothing. They have no Championship, which is the big tomali.

You qualify directly for the Asian Champions League by finishing first after 27 games. So unlike in AFL, finishing first does actually mean something.

You qualify directly for the Asian Champions League by finishing first after 27 games. So unlike in AFL, finishing first does actually mean something.

Have they finally changed that from GF teams qualifying? Thank *.

IMO, finals series in A-League is stupid. Play each other a 4th time and make finishing on top the goal. Sick of hearing City's fans saying they're a chance if they finish 6th.

Sick of hearing City's fans saying they're a chance if they finish 6th.
has made me laugh their last couple of games. They beat Adelaide (i think) and there was talk that they would/could win their next 4 matches... they have proceeded to drop the last 2 against the 2 bottom teams

Lol

I don't have an issue with finals myself, just the Australian way of doing things.

I don't like them. But I'm not gunna cry if they stay.

Just think 6 teams is over the top in a ten team comp. Also, Premiers and Champs should get the ACL spots; not GF winner and RU or 1st and 2nd on table. Also, AFC should give us 3 spots for ACL. 2 GS and 1 play-off. Play-off spot should be FFA cup winner

Have they finally changed that from GF teams qualifying? Thank ****.

IMO, finals series in A-League is stupid. Play each other a 4th time and make finishing on top the goal. Sick of hearing City's fans saying they're a chance if they finish 6th.

I could be wrong but I think the team that finishes on top after the regular season has always qualified?

Agree in theory about finals but Australians are obsessed with the idea of finals so I doubt it is ever going to change. The other thing I suppose is that having a finals series gives teams that would otherwise just be playing out the season in meaningless games the feeling that they are still playing for something.

I don't like them. But I'm not gunna cry if they stay.

Just think 6 teams is over the top in a ten team comp. Also, Premiers and Champs should get the ACL spots; not GF winner and RU or 1st and 2nd on table. Also, AFC should give us 3 spots for ACL. 2 GS and 1 play-off. Play-off spot should be FFA cup winner

Premiers do get an automatic ACL spot in fact finishing top is the highest Rank spot on the ACL charter higher then Winning the Championship as the AFC see the finals as our cup comp.

So it goes:

Premiers Automatic spot
Champions Automatic spot
3rd playoff spot

If the premiers and Champions happen to be the some team then the team that finish second on the ladder after the H&A not the Grand Final runner-up will get the second Automatic spot.

If third happen to go all the way and win the Championship then they will get the automatic spot and second will drop down to the playoff spot.

I could be wrong but I think the team that finishes on top after the regular season has always qualified?

Agree in theory about finals but Australians are obsessed with the idea of finals so I doubt it is ever going to change. The other thing I suppose is that having a finals series gives teams that would otherwise just be playing out the season in meaningless games the feeling that they are still playing for something.

Well every other code has a show piece event Football "Soccer" is no exception the FFA feel they deserve one why not, In any case its not like its a new thing for the code the NSL was playing finals for 30 years prior to the A-league!

o_O

Are watching the same games? FBK loves getting fired up and is almost always the first to do so.

Also, winning the league actually does carry a lot of prestige for football fans due to that being the traditional way of winning everywhere else. I don't have a problem with the finals series as it is an Australian thing, but to say finishing first means nothing is just way off, you'll find there are plenty of fans who place a lot of importance on this.

So it goes:

Premiers Automatic spot
Champions Automatic spot
3rd playoff spot

It's changed and we only get two spots in the 2016 ACL. 1st go into GS and 2nd go into the play-off round.

But, yeah, what I said was wrong. Only time 3rd made a GF since we've been in ACL contention was 11/12 and Glory didn't get into ACL

o_O

Are watching the same games? FBK loves getting fired up and is almost always the first to do so.

Also, winning the league actually does carry a lot of prestige for football fans due to that being the traditional way of winning everywhere else. I don't have a problem with the finals series as it is an Australian thing, but to say finishing first means nothing is just way off, you'll find there are plenty of fans who place a lot of importance on this.

Well I couldn't give a rats arse. The Grand Final is the pinnacle and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back