Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
It's changed and we only get two spots in the 2016 ACL. 1st go into GS and 2nd go into the play-off round.

But, yeah, what I said was wrong. Only time 3rd made a GF since we've been in ACL contention was 11/12 and Glory didn't get into ACL

that's the first I've heard of it, where did you get this news? source?

Glory didn't get in because the AFC changed our placings to 1+1 due to us not having enough teams in the league and no Promotion/relegation under the old charter in which they gave us an exception the year before to give us 2+1 due to other Asian countries failure to requirements.The AFC have since changed the charter to not include pro/rel and the number of teams in the league is fine as long as we intent to expand in future in which we will.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins

yeah no worries, we would have known if otherwise because their would have been some sort of outcry, like there was last time when Glory missed out.

I think the balance is right with a 10 team league probably a little generous considering. in future once we expand to say 12 teams maybe then we might get another spot and it could go to the FFA Cup winner, no doubt the FFA are trying to sway the AFC.

Just think 6 teams is over the top in a ten team comp.
I agree 100% here. There should never be more than half the teams in finals. Just rewards mediocrity

musha_13

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Victory, Heart of Midlothian
Should be five teams, and have a finals series like the old VFL final 5. Creates a massive reward for the team that finishes top of the table, as it should be.

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Was coincidentally at Melbourne airport around 3.30 this afternoon and saw the boys heading off to Adelaide. Ansell seemed to be limping. But I guess if he wasn't right he wouldn't have been getting on the plane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Giants
Happy with a point. Always good to get at least a point away from home against teams pushing the top with you.

Losing points at home in silly ways earlier in the season made 3 point tonight important, but oh well. But can't fault the resilience of the back 4 and Coe (DG's and LB's efforts in the two goals excluded).

Next week will be tough, even at home to CCM. No Milligan, Kosta, Pain, Galloway, Georgevski and others?

Double fixture against Roar away in a few weeks will be huge in terms of our season.

Happy with a point. Always good to get at least a point away from home against teams pushing the top with you.

Losing points at home in silly ways earlier in the season made 3 point tonight important, but oh well. But can't fault the resilience of the back 4 and Coe (DG's and LB's efforts in the two goals excluded).

Next week will be tough, even at home to CCM. No Milligan, Kosta, Pain, Galloway, Georgevski and others?

Double fixture against Roar away in a few weeks will be huge in terms of our season.

is it international fixture weekend right?

hmmm, should have enough to win.

im sick of drawing :mad: top spot for the taking too!

ah well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back