royals1922

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts RIP
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rotor Volgograd, The Exers
Had a look and couldnt find a similar thread. If there is shut the thread down.
After more than half the season has gone who is in the running for rookies of the year or the best players.

Ray Rice has the most publicly spirited player award sown up.

All jokes aside can a defensive player in JJ Watt win the best player award.

Had a look and couldnt find a similar thread. If there is shut the thread down.
After more than half the season has gone who is in the running for rookies of the year or the best players.

Ray Rice has the most publicly spirited player award sown up.

All jokes aside can a defensive player in JJ Watt win the best player award.

I said early in the season that Justin Forsett will win Comeback Player of the Year.
JJ Watt, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or Demarco Murray will win MVP. Really comes down to how the idiotic media decide. But given the campaigning done by many media to insist on "surely it's Watt's time"....then he's a good chance.

offensive rookie of the year....Mike Evans
defensive rookie of the year....Khalil Mack...but it was Anthony Barr's until he's been sidelined for a few games.
rookie of the year.....maybe Derek Carr, or Mike Evans here, and another rookie will win oroy.
defensive player of the year.....Justin Houston
offensive player of the year.....Demarco Murray or A.Rodgers/T.Brady
MVP.....JJ Watt
Comeback Player.....Justin Forsett
Coach of the Year......Bruce Arians.

I think a stellar run of form by Lynch will bring him into contention. Sammy Watkins from what I have seen suggested is a chance as rookie.

Since Lawrence Taylor won the MVP the only positions that were the recipient of the MVP have been running backs and quarter backs.

Including 2000 and beyond, offensive rookie of the year has been won 6 times each by a running back and quarterback, while defensive rookie of the year has been won 11 times by a linebacker.

If Watt doesn't win MVP then he will win DPOY and the media will talk about his offensive touchdowns even though that has no relevance to defence what-so-ever.

Watt got 3 sacks yesterday so he has remained in sight.

I said early in the season that Justin Forsett will win Comeback Player of the Year.
JJ Watt, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or Demarco Murray will win MVP. Really comes down to how the idiotic media decide. But given the campaigning done by many media to insist on "surely it's Watt's time"....then he's a good chance.

offensive rookie of the year....Mike Evans
defensive rookie of the year....Khalil Mack...but it was Anthony Barr's until he's been sidelined for a few games.
rookie of the year.....maybe Derek Carr, or Mike Evans here, and another rookie will win oroy.
defensive player of the year.....Justin Houston
offensive player of the year.....Demarco Murray or A.Rodgers/T.Brady
MVP.....JJ Watt
Comeback Player.....Justin Forsett
Coach of the Year......Bruce Arians.

I wouldn't disagree with much of that - including thinking that JJ Watt should s**t it in as the league MVP this season. I don't think he'll win it (Rodgers will), but he should.

I don't think there's any doubt that Beckham Jr wins OROTY. Regardless of whether he's been better or worse than Evans, Beckham has the much better highlight reel.

Beckham Jr probably wins Rookie of the Year as well.

I think Rodgers will win Offensive Player - but I think it should be Murray (much as it burns this Eagles fan to say.)

I couldn't make a pick for Comeback player, because they just seem to guess the criteria for this award every year. I'd personally go with Jeremy Maclin, but who knows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OROY - Should be Carr, will be OBJ
DROY - Should be Donald, will be Mack

DPOY - JJ Watt
OPOY - Should be Luck, will be Murray
MVP - Aaron Rodgers - will never not be a QB for the foreseeable future
Comeback Player - Big Ben - Should be Maclin or Julio
Coach of the Year - Bruce Arians

Offensive rookie of the year - Odell Beckham Jr
Defensive rookie of the year - Aaron Donald
Offensive player of the year - DeMarco Murray
Defensive player of the year - JJ Watt
MVP - Aaron Rodgers
Comeback player of the year - Rob Gronkowski
Coach of the year - Bill Belichick

Does anybody think Rolando McClain could win comeback player of the year?

Coming back from a premature retirement is a good feat, but he hasn't been consistent enough. Should get a few votes though.

Jumped on JJ Watt for MVP @ $14 after (Around the Horn i think) were saying his all round year was the equivilent of a QB having a 7900 yard season..... Wowee. But agree, will probably go to Aaron.
Liked Kelvin Benjamin early for OROY but OBJ has surpassed him.

Offensive rookie of the year - Juwan Thompson
Defensive rookie of the year - Bradley Roby
Offensive player of the year - Peyton Manning
Defensive player of the year - Von Miller
MVP - Peyton Manning
Comeback player of the year - Von Miller
Coach of the year - Not sure, probably John Fox tho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back