2014/15 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

6th most ice time in the league 5 on 5
42nd most ice time on the penalty kill
4th most time on the ice for power play

A number 5 defenceman on any other team! Only 14 minutes a night! :D

Subban - 32.3% zone starts in the defensive zone.
Higher numbers than Suter, Doughty, Keith, Karlsson (obviously), Seabrook, Russell, Hedman, Boychuk and many others but can't play defence?

Contrast that with a Yandle 23.7%, Schultz 19.5%, Streit 23.3% Krug 23.1% Campbell 23.7% - There's the defenceman who don't have an "all-round game" and struggle defensively.

All I see is....

You see bullshit because you don't understand hockey. That ramble was pathetic.

You appear to be insane, you see things that aren't there and are obsessed with me chuckling at the Bruins misfortune for some reason (not sure how that validates your incorrect assessment of Subban), do a poll for the biggest bullshitter, you've got the crown, daylight second. :thumbsu:

Just admit you can't find any and move on...
Just admit that you think you are the only person on this forum who can be right about Hockey and that you think you are never wrong. I have nothing to admit. All the fancy stats are on the easily accessible websites from google. It isn't my job to cherry pick from them, that would make me Craig Hutchison.

Alright fellas, as much as I'm sure this is fun for everyone reading along, I'm going to start deleting posts from this point on. The discussion is entering Bay 13 territory.

All I see is bullshit and more bullshit PG. You are the biggest bullshitter on this forum and the most bias. I think a Bruins player could score 20 in a game and you'd still call him the worst player in the league. It's beyond hilarious, it's delicious. The irony, oh wow. I've just filled myself up on it, I'm about to go vomit some out so I can eat some more.

LOL most hypocritical post I've seen on this forum. Get a clue.

Alright fellas, as much as I'm sure this is fun for everyone reading along, I'm going to start deleting posts from this point on. The discussion is entering Bay 13 territory.

I thought my post had gone somewhere

Agree - this is tiresome - lets get back to the playoffs thread, Game 7 just starting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think I'm going out on a limb in saying that Carey Price is the greatest lock for both the Vezina and Hart in living memory. Thoughts??

This recent TV segment on him well worth a look.

Charky's not going to like this:

"Slasher/Cry Baby/Can't play defence" Benn is one of the top three vote getters from his peers. He is a finalist along with Price and Ovechkin for the Ted Lindsay Award (most outstanding player in the regular season as judged by the members of the NHLPA).

Just looking at the 2015 WC for fun and the rosters.. shows you how much the USA squad pickers are like the CA National Selection Panel. Picking players on what they've done in the past rather than what they have done recently. Jack Campbell of the Stars, former first round pick and US National Development team player got selected after a stunning AHL season in which he had a .907 SV% and served a 7 game stint in the ECHL. Reminds me of how some players missed out on the Olympics (especially after reading the ESPN insider article on selection). Admittedly it's hard to get some players to go over, especially goalies unless they served as a back up all year, but there are better options than that surely? Especially when he gave up 5 goals to Belarus.

So we've officially signed Artem Panarin. 82 points in the KHL this year. Is there some sort of rule of thumb as to what that would translate to in the NHL?

interesting story. the US born, likely 2016 number 1 pick is gonna play in europe next year

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/several-swiss-teams-reach-out-to-auston-matthews/

surprised more guys don't do it. they get paid for one....

There are really three reasons, which I'd rank in this order:

1) Better competition in the top European leagues than the juniors in North America. I'd suggest this would better prepare you.
2) Yes, you get paid, he'd probably get about half a mill at a big club like Zurich or Berne (assume that Europe = Switzerland which seems likely)
3) You avoid this weird technical rule which can make you ineligible for the AHL the following year (I don't know all the details...)

The reason why more people don't do it is that Europe is a bit "out of sight, out of mind." However for someone with his prestige it isn't really an issue. Scouts will be watching him all the time. If anything, this is going to provide some very nice exposure to the Swiss league.

It may set an interesting precedent though.

So Todd McClellan is expected to be announced as Edmonton's head coach this afternoon.

If Chia can trade well in the next couple of years, they'll finally be realising that long-awaited potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back