2014/15 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Daley gets his 2nd for the game followed by Jamie "Burst player" Benn scoring his 3rd goal in 3 games... Stars lead Philly 4-2

Puck hits the ref, stays in our d-zone, Flyers eventually score from it to tie it up 4-4

EDIT: Spezza scores his first (official) goal for the Stars straight away.. Stars up 5-4

EDIT 2: Annnd the Flyers tie it up 5-5, been a solid game

I know the season has just began, but I've decided to take up following the NHL. A few mate of mine were in the States this year and watched a few games and raved about it. Still deciding which team to follow, tossing up between Chicago Blackhawks because I support the Bulls and the San Jose Sharks. Anyone got some links to a "Beginner Guide" of sorts?

Will take the point considering we were a d-man down for 99% of the game.. Odd bounces are your best friend and worst enemy.

Just saw this hahahaha
CriminalFlickeringCaudata.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well if you've already got a connection to Chicago go with that but San Jose would be a better journey. brent burns himself might be a better journey.

Intrigued by Chicago's history, is why I'm leaning towards them.

Intrigued by Chicago's history, is why I'm leaning towards them.

Don't be one of those losers who supports multiple state teams. Worse than the flogs repping 100 snapbacks.

Chicago is Original 6, didn't just win the cup (borderline no bandwagon) and have a good team. You'd be stupid to support anybody else.

EDIT: Oh and they probably have the coolest logo in the NHL. Coin toss between them and the Red Wings

Don't be one of those losers who supports multiple state teams. Worse than the flogs repping 100 snapbacks.

Chicago is Original 6, didn't just win the cup (borderline no bandwagon) and have a good team. You'd be stupid to support anybody else.

EDIT: Oh and they probably have the coolest logo in the NHL. Coin toss between them and the Red Wings

It's decided then!

Yes - only won 2 of the 5 championships - really battling organisation the Blackhawks.

Counter-point: Duncan Keith

Borderline no bandwagon? They are one of the teams with arguably the biggest bandwagon in the league. Didn't win the cup last year. Just two in the last five.

Hey I said borderline lol. Put it this way I think it makes more sense to take another Chicago team despite the fact they've been great over the past 5 years than it is to start cheering for the Kings or a different state team.

Not by much but you've gotta stay loyal to state sports. Can't be one of those Yankees, Heat, Packers, Kings fans.

Last edited:
Borderline no bandwagon? They are one of the teams with arguably the biggest bandwagon in the league. Didn't win the cup last year. Just two in the last five.

Hardly bandwagoning if that's not the reason for choosing Chicago is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back