2014/15 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Stars get screwed by hand passes not being reviewable, Devils get a point but Spezza and Benn score in the shootout for a Stars win.

18 shootout losses in a row for NJ now.....

Solid stat!

Here's another - Hiller's shutout against Raleigh on Thursday was the first Calgary home shutout by a keeper not named Kiprusoff for over 4000 days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how naming a hockey club after one of the great Indigenous American leaders of the 1800s who fought hard and bravely for his people's lands and rights is in bad taste.

The Cleveland MLB team (silly caricature) and the Washington NFL team (derogatory name) are different stories...

I'm aware of the story (although I believed it to have been specifically named after a world war 1 division, which in turn was named after the 1800s fighters).

I'm aware it's not in the same league as the two examples you mentioned. It just doesn't sit well with me, where pretty much all other clubs have animals as their logo, it feels like it's put on the same page. I'm not super interested in re-hashing the same arguments for and against that you'll read all over the internet, but it just feels awkward/unnecesary/bad taste

Alright, so I finally have some down time. Have now attended 3 games.

Ice Hockey is weird in Los Angeles. The actual games are focused on more of being a spectacle then actually focusing on the hockey itself. First game I went to was a little underwhelming. 4-1 against the Jets. 2nd game I enjoyed a lot better despite the quality of hockey from the Kings which was quite poor. St Louis almost had double the shots, but couldn't really capitalise. Ended up going into a S/O. Got given a replica Stanley Cup ring as well which was pretty neat. Atmosphere is quite subdued as soon as you walk into Staples.

Went to my first Blackhawks game last night. Much better atmosphere. Was a Fight For Cancer game, so a lot going on. Ended up purchasing 2 Mystery Pucks (Players sign them and then they get wrapped up, so you don't know who you'll get for $25. Ended up getting Kruger & Crawford which was cool. Ended up sitting one row behind the Sens bench, pretty decent view except you can't see one corner. Game itself was fairly scrappy, but glad we got the job done. Imagine forking out $225 only for your team to lose, heh. Will be a pretty memorable game though, Scott Darling made his debut and Kane get's his 500th career point.

k369hl.jpg

Cool! Yeah, I imagine atmosphere between LA and Chicago would be night and day.

On the other hand, I found San Jose to be much louder and more energetic than Toronto. I don't think an outsider would necessarily expect that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back