2014-15 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey everyone, so I might as well get in early and get a role call of all those who are keen to go on next year. Don't worry we won't need to do anything till late October so you'll all get a month and a bit off. Here's the usual time line:

October 31 - Name carryover players
National Draft Day - Draft time limits begin (usually pick a week or two before if everyone is set)
Aim to finish by February.

For the newbies:
- You get to pick either THREE or FOUR players from your squad to carry over. If you pick THREE you get a pre-first round draft pick (ladder position), if you pick FOUR then you just start from round one.

The draft (first round onwards) is a serpentine draft (if anyone feels this is scandalous... well too bad). The draft order is a random pick from those who didn't make the finals (so 1-6 picks are randomly selected thanks to random.org) and then it goes in reverse ladder positioning. I'll do the draft order once I know who's in.

So for the role call regarding 2015:
Drew23 - IN
amos- IN
WAG - IN
sr20 - IN
fightingfury_88 - IN
Gentlemen - IN
Deddy - IN
peterss
Wacky Tiger - IN
Skippos - IN
Jordie_tackles - IN

Just indicate if you're keen to go on and play next year :)

Last edited:

Count me in if anyone doesn't want to go on!

Yeah, I'll give it a run.

Happy to step aside if a keener marine wants in as I don't have the fire in the belly some do but if not I'll still go around.
I think once you can draft a good team you will. You've got good enough carry overs with good drafting to compete for a flag sooner rather than later.

I think once you can draft a good team you will. You've got good enough carry overs with good drafting to compete for a flag sooner rather than later.
Please don't be fooled Skippos is a shark in these types of games, very good fantasy player. In saying that I agree wholeheartedly this is a great game, and most coaches have a great chance at a premiership if not during the first year the second to third the way carryover and the draft works

Please don't be fooled Skippos is a shark in these types of games, very good fantasy player. In saying that I agree wholeheartedly this is a great game, and most coaches have a great chance at a premiership if not during the first year the second to third the way carryover and the draft works
I think I know him well enough to know how he operates :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm a ruthless SOB when there's fire in the belly.

Perhaps drafting my own side would give me that. I'm definitely keen to keep on and have another crack - I'd just be okay with letting someone else have a crack if there was a keener marine.

After discussions with the Board they have extended my 3 year term by a year. They want a flag though!

First Appointment for the new Season: Taylor "Tex" Walker has re-signed with the Polar Bears. Stated that "In my three years at the Polar Bears I have earned a lot of money, and only played half the games available to be played. Therefore, I am pledging another season at the Polar Bears. And I will be playing this season for free, at no cost to my club. I feel it is time for me to give something back to the Club that has looked after me at my lowest point."

Huge news for the Polar Bears. Kurt Tippett should do that for Sydney.

Did i say im in??? Well im in and thank god i dont have to do anything till late October :)

Just remember to tag me in round there ok guys :thumbsu:

I reckon my carryover choices just got more interesting with two of my original four moving clubs in Beams & Leuenberger.
Luey to Pies??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back